Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Orchids wrote: »
    I’m losing the will to live, D16 too and I’m beginning to lose hope, if I wake up tomorrow morning & it’s like this, I swear I will cry:mad:

Why cant we have nice things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Absolutely lashing snow in Malahide now. Heaviest yet though radar would have you think the previous lot was.

The last bastion of snow repellent, a manhole on the footpath for somereason, has fallen. It's just a question of filling in the small bits of green and grey that are left, almost a total whiteout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Is that a thundersnow blob off Killiney/Shankill?? 20mm p/h return!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

thomasj wrote: »
    Completely white in D15 now! Blakestown area

Exaggeration. Its a slight dusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There'll be more showers throughout tomorrow. Keep the fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

d18.. kinda big hailstones falling and piling up. been very quiet otherwise. i'm up fairly high so i expect a bit more snow than most in dublin, but it hasn't gone that way so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Southside Dubliners relax, there are a few showers brewing now with our name on them. Anyway the night is young, it's only going to get more active as we go through the night. Plenty of snow for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Snowing for all of us in D18 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndiG

In gorey, lashed snow just there..... Good covering outside..... Kids had just gave up gazing out the window & went to bed..... Had to get them back down..... They are currently dancing in the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I'm in the southern tip of D15. It's stopped now but I can hear the kids out, playing in it.

Had my first snowball thrown at my house about an hour ago.... Damn kids. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

:pac:

28535889_1658345890921445_549873690_n.png?oh=1d2b3b4b7a65f553ac345fa06db1cfce&oe=5A980770

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

There was unbelievable scenes here near Santry. It was an actual blizzard. The works.

Awesome :D

To one of the people who deserves it most! and we know we can believe when they say the word "blizzard" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Hate when it lashes snow and sticks then it stops

Ffs keep lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Orchids wrote: »
    I’m losing the will to live, D16 too and I’m beginning to lose hope, if I wake up tomorrow morning & it’s like this, I swear I will cry:mad:

Me too , in D14,not even joking I'd be incredibly upset. I feel like I'm so invested in this all..and I'm not even analysing charts and such , could only imagine how those guys feel if it were to flop :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Whats this about no snow on the way..............

uDMLqGG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

White out a few mins ago D5. Around a cm lying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Gerry

Firing down in Maynooth for the past ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Light snow now in Dublin 16.

Its light alright. Just ran to the window and counted 4 flakes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So in the last 10 mins I've read of snow in Dublin 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18.

Sitting here in Dublin 12 with my curtains open like a weirdo watching the lamp post outside my bedroom window and...nothing :(

Give me some hope people!!!

• Advertisement

cannot get on the site the past hr so dont kniw if it already posted but is there any hoie for snow near Mallow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Radar says there should be something over bray but nothing yet. Patiently waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Just got hit by one of those streamers in D18, all grauple. Left about half an inch or so in 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Cork and D16/18 are killing the internet tonight - let someone else in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It was snowing in D7 for a good while, everywhere is covered again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Radar says there should be something over bray but nothing yet. Patiently waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

Calibos wrote: »
    Have to say I was starting to lose the faith after Gaoth Laidirs post in the Model Thread.

However switching my Netweather Radar Tab back to Weather Type OFF after seeing your screenshot and that radar return coming for SOCODU/Bray/North Wicklow look like a Doozy and easily the most intense return atm over the whole UK and Ireland map.

Bray was the first major populated area to be hit with a big streamer in Nov 26/27th 2010. We got 5 inches in 2 hours under a streamer that night IIRC. Streamers can deliver big time if you can stay under them for a while.

I'm a greedy so and so. Lets hope by the time I wake up tomorrow Bray has been under streamer for a good while overnight and theres a weird light in my room because me Velux windows are buried under 6+ inches of snow :D

yr wasnt that far out in the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Dear Beast d'East

Graupel is not good enough!

Yours sincerely :(

ndb, South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

And we have some nice flaky snow in Dublin 4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Whats this about no snow on the way........

wZ1N66F.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement