Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The snow somehow found a way to melt slightly in D5. Facepalm. More to come though!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just seen lightning to my east

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

MrMischief wrote: »
    Where’s that?

DUB 17 coolock..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Still clear here in North Wexford like earlier, clouds still few and far between in the Anglesey shadow. There's a very light dusting of snow sticking on the ground that's been there for a couple of hours that will probably be treacherous come the morning due to the freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I thought activity in Irish sea would have picked up a bit by now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    More on the way?

Yes. The showers are queuing up in the Irish sea. Gonna be some totals for some by morning.

Hit and miss of course but I expect more snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The current coverage outside the gaff:

42087149-_A6_D1-4833-_B89_E-_CC57_BD746770.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Looking at the radar, it would appear that the Isle of Man shadow is having an impact - you can see the split and an area where nothing is hitting, which includes Lusk now... at least to my untrained eye anyway, and using a phone app! Though I have found it quite reliable for incoming showers and their duration.

Screenshot_20180227-230600_zpswzcxrn5s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

M50 near the N11:

f270acd6199e4137cb99a6fcd5b3b96b.png

From here, well worth a gawk: https://www.tiitraffic.ie/cams/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Really hope your right kermit. Brief shower in bray enough for a light dusting so hoping for more by morning

Ditto. Roof starting to get a white dusting but nothing on the roads/paths yet. Its not even graupel though. Still that snow/ice grain sh*te. Wheres me snow flakes as big as dinner plates I keep hearing about!!

I'm starting to get worried that I'll wake in the morning, Open the Velux and pop me head out and exclaim, "FFS, you've got to be kidding me!".....and not in a good way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Michelle Dillion on prime very confident of the snow storm coming on Thursday/Friday,waiting for the latest updates from their Harmonie model.

Did he give any update on the price of bullocks at Moate mart last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

sdanseo wrote: »
    M50 near the N11:

f270acd6199e4137cb99a6fcd5b3b96b.png

From here, well worth a gawk: https://www.tiitraffic.ie/cams/

My commute tomorrow will be a bundle of joy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Finally ....

I think for some posters in Dublin maybe so far missed out narrowly and think nothing much is happening.

When you get one of those intense showers you will quickly realise that's far from reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm gonna go build the teeniest tinyest snowman with the two hailstones that fell in the last 5 minutes in D16

The can be the testicles for my county Meath monster

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gaoth is excellent. But if i recall correctly had an anxious couple of hours early on 10th December when he felt the predicted snowfall would only be rain. Then the charts moved from green to red throughout much of the country.

I'm hoping Gaoth is just a bit anxious about it all:)

He has excellent knowledge, but he is not infallible, that said this easterly is a poor one overall in the South East of England given the mouth watering parameters involved. I travel daily from North West London to South West London and the most snow i saw today was an inch near Ealing . Also showers have been brief, very localised and well scattered. Yes, there has been more organised snow to the East and South East of London, but if this was an event to rival February 1991, there would be more than the slight dusting where I live( which is 250 foot above sea level) and where I work. Given the instability, i was expecting 5- 10 cms where I live.
    Still if you live in places like Kent and the North East of England you will be happy.

ps: The most impressive thing as i made the commute today was the temperature struggled to get above a zero. That's rare for London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Unexpected snow in letterkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Reports of thunder in parts of Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone have any updates from Kilkenny city ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I thought activity in Irish sea would have picked up a bit by now

:confused::confused:

It has ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Looking at the radar, it would appear that the Isle of Man shadow is having an impact - you can see the split and an area where nothing is hitting, which includes Lusk now... at least to my untrained eye anyway, and using a phone app! Though I have found it quite reliable for incoming showers and their duration.

A narrow corridor of South Dublin also appears to be in a Howth Head shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Reports of thunder in parts of Kildare?

Thunder and lightning in North Wicklow

North and westside of Dublin in particular in the firing line again in the next half hour. Streamer lining up.

any hope for Mallow before I go to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

RustyGate wrote: »
    A narrow corridor of South Dublin also appears to be in a Howth Head shadow.

i would think it would be already formed by the time it hits howth head.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just over 2CM covering here and coming down moderately now ( Newbridge )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

jdcv94 wrote: »
    My commute tomorrow will be a bundle of joy :eek:

Live near enough to this. It's not proper snow though. A light dusting but if it freezes like this it'll be an issue in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭rodge123

10km north of Kilcock and nothing falling despite Netweather saying otherwise for last 15 minutes! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really hope things pick up here later tonight. I think the IOM shadow is definitely having it's impact here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement