Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Zero or sub zero temps at every met eireann weather station at 11pm readings except for Malin Head where it's a balmy +2C

https://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Isle of oh man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Is Galway going to get any snow

If them bastards in Dublin get it, we'll go up and steal it!!

It wont be long before the Dubs are looking for our clean Shannon water again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Snow staying on the ground in D7.

Gripping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Nothing in Dublin City Centre :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Bray on the receiving end of a fine dusting right now

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Gonna hit the sack, the North Wexford/South Wicklow area seem to be missing out on the fun. Streamers almost exclusively queuing up inbetween IOM and Anglesey. Had a look out over the coast and it's clear as can be to the naked eye, radar has the entire sea clear to Wales. Looking forward to joining the fun in Dublin tomorrow (that's if I can make it there ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

milosh wrote: »
    Its bucketing down in Bray right now

Lovely fall all right. Looks like it’s easing a bit already, hopefully there’ll be a few more showers like that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Seems as tho the north of the capital is taking the brunt , not complaining..

• Administrators Posts: 53,854 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Unfortunately it looks like I'm in a narrow strip of south Dublin (Dublin 18) that's missing pretty much all the action :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Very fine grauple falling moderately here now, visibility less than 1km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

redmond08 wrote: »
    Nothing in Dublin City Centre :(

won't be long, long streamer heading for city centre and south of city

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dublin CC, 4, 6, 12, 16 & 24, fear not!
    It looks like there's a band queuing up that should land in an hour or so and keep going for 2-3 hours;

xxz9VMA.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light snow and graupel in D14, 0.4c, DP is -4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Very little in Dublin cc

Please let Finglas be getting an absolute bucket load so I'm off college tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Another nice shower in Tullamore - all sticking
    Lashing snow now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

awec wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like I'm in a narrow strip of south Dublin (Dublin 18) that's missing pretty much all the action :(

None in D4, D6, D14 or D18 or most of city centre
    Seems to plenty in west dublin, the more southern suburbs ,and the north
    I guess we've just been unlucky so far :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there's really only 2 narrow snow trains in operation both sides of the IOM. North Dublin and Louth both doing very well. Wales shadow also having a big impact from the Dublin/Wicklow border southwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What are the general thoughts on commutability in Dublin tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Gonzo wrote: »
    didn't get it at all. Hasn't snowed here since 6pm and looks like I could be a while waiting unless the wind direction changes and gets me out of the IOM shadow.

It's been on and off here all evening. Hopefully you will get it as the night goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Nice dusting in Mullingar now, seem we will get a fair bit during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Anyone know what kind of effect the pressure has on snow conditions? Little weather station we have here is saying 1015, which to my VERY limited understanding is high pressure? I always thought snow was caused by low pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

wakka12 wrote: »
    None in D4, D6, D14 or D18 or most of city centre
    Seems to plenty in west dublin, the more southern suburbs ,and the north
    I guess we've just been unlucky so far :(

Shower kicking off in D14, might be a streamer about to hit all those areas for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Very heavy again in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Based on the radar it appears the city centre are is in line for a fairly long period of snow - it's a narrow band so it could be very localised.

I'm in Naas and it appears as though it may track through here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

so should be hitting Kildare about 1am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

awec wrote: »

Same here only over the road in D16.

I have to say I'm extremely underwhelmed, anything that does fall, falls for 30 seconds and melts.

It sounds as though anything coming in elswere falls then breaks up.

Anyway I'm done for the night. There better be some snow tomorrow morning else my a$$ is on the line with my US boss for pulling the plug on customer events.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Listen to that crunch ,

I took the jeep out about an hour ago to grab something in the shops ( Not bread , but there was none anyway :pac: ) but thats why there isn't much cover on it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cianos wrote: »
    What are the general thoughts on commutability in Dublin tomorrow morning?

Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I haven't seen snow of this intensity in a long long time. It's a whiteout around Sandyford and it's sticking fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement