Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Not a flake in D24 since a light hail shower around 6pm.

Trying not to get to disappointed but had high hopes of decent snow showers Dublin wide at this stage.

Gonna need a serious increase in intensity to hit the forecasts for today.

At least Gaoth is back to semi positive posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

D14 goatstown finally has white roads. Looks and sounds more like graupel, but I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Villain wrote: »
    Harmonie has snow as far north as Newry over the Border by midnight Thursday night.

Does it turn to rain in the south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of effect the pressure has on snow conditions? Little weather station we have here is saying 1015, which to my VERY limited understanding is high pressure? I always thought snow was caused by low pressure?

It is High pressure. But have a look were it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Kilcullen, South Kildare

Snow coming down heavily, ground and road completely covered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Incoming for city center in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seamus wrote: »
    Dublin CC, 4, 6, 12, 16 & 24, fear not!
    It looks like there's a band queuing up that should land in an hour or so and keep going for 2-3 hours;
    Correction on that, it's going slightly faster and veering the weensiest bit south from what I projected. It's also gathered a bit of oomp as it approaches Howth.

City Centre's going to get a heavy pasting in about 10 minutes, and then all routes out to Tallaght after that. Won't last as long as I first said though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Seems to be more graupel than snow in north Dublin which is a bit frustrating at this stage.

Hoping for beefy snow showers overnight and tomorrow with temps around freezing or just below

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Light snow in D5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Snowing again here in Maynooth, 3rd significant fall today. 1st fall was at 6, with a partial melt, 2nd around 9 which blanketed ground all lovely and white and didn't melt at all, and now this decent, proper, slow falling fluffy stuff is just adding on to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Significant bit of snow here in donegal. Wasn't expecting that tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Unexpected snow in letterkenny!

Here I am sitting here all jealous and I didn't even bother to look out the window! Unexpected bumper bonus snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

This is all just round one, right? Quite a lot of disappointed folk, it seems. I'm in D22, and it's fairly white outside. However, we haven't exactly been pelted with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Welcome back again snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Heavy hail in D14, better than nothing I suppose..its just going to melt if it doesnt snow on it soon though

• Administrators Posts: 53,854 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Arbitrary wrote: »
    I haven't seen snow of this intensity in a long long time. It's a whiteout around Sandyford and it's sticking fast.
    Really?

I'm in Leopardstown and it's a light skiff at best. It's lying but very thin on the ground, and only lasted for 5 minutes at the most.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Full on snow and graupel in Dublin 16. Good covering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snow starved areas of south Dublin and the city center buckle your seatbelts!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Swords snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Big hail shower in coastal Meath just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

current.jpg

South of the city getting a sprinkling (image is live updating).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Incoming for city center in 15 minutes.

Convective cells. Nice Anvils on them from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dublin city centre and South Dublin get ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Full on snow and graupel in Dublin 16. Good covering now.

By God it is indeed :eek: Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

awec wrote: »
    Really?

I'm in Leopardstown and it's a light skiff at best. It's lying but very thin on the ground, and only lasted for 5 minutes at the most.

Omg it’s amazing from the sky in Sandyford. Everything covered - cars, road, roof!! And still falling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

awec wrote: »
    Really?

Good example of just how localised the differences can be!

Donegal Town, Sligo, NW Leitrim, keep an eye to the Northeast. Big streamer coming over Tyrone in your direction. Might just make it, you'd be forgiven for thinking Lough Neagh boosted it but that can't be right??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

got that huge shower right in the middle here in Hollywood, co.Wicklow,heavy snow for nearly 20 minutes and we have a start, N81 will be a mayhem tomorrow AM, have to get up early to beat the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

wakka12 wrote: »
    None in D4, D6, D14 or D18 or most of city centre
    Seems to plenty in west dublin, the more southern suburbs ,and the north
    I guess we've just been unlucky so far :(

Shankill has had a pasting in the last hour or so. A good inch and a half sitting on the ground now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I mean this in the nicest possible way but can the rest of the country stop stealing Dublins snow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingrosie

Anything more for Dun Laoghaire?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement