Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Moon is very bright in cork city, making the snow that fell earlier sparkle. Very pretty. Would like a nice fresh top up though ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

The amount falling here in Tullamore is so unexpected! Already more than 2010 I would say ( for us) and still coming down in spades - how will I sleep tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

proper stuff now but light enough in d14.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Not liking the windmap for Wednesday wrt to snow in Bray :(

Goes Easterly in 2 hours time till Thursday! Easterly puts anywhere south of Dublin in the Wales Snow Shadow! :(

https://www.windy.com/?rain,52.985,-5.515,7

Can it be trusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sligo
    Absolutely no breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wicklow Town seems to be missing all the streamer action. Oh well.... maybe tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

gabeeg wrote: »
    Getting absolutely pasted in Sandyford D16

Graupel for ages, now heavy snow

Ditto....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Suncroft kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Graupel, snow, graupel, snow - i.e 2010 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Calibos wrote: »
    Not liking the windmap for Wednesday wrt to snow in Bray :(

Goes Easterly in 2 hours time till Thursday! Easterly puts anywhere south of Dublin in the Wales Snow Shadow! :(

https://www.windy.com/?rain,52.985,-5.515,7
    We'll get it I'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    North wexford
    Just like any clear cold night

Except there is a chance you could pasted with snow over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

reposting
    Mech1 wrote: »
    Dublin 16 SNOWCAM up and running.
    getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

New Dublin TAF. The Airport is firmly in the IOM shadow like Gonzo (and me at the moment sadly) - but the wind should shortly turn a touch more easterly.

All 30% probabilities raised to 40% (this is better than it sounds, its either 30, 40 or likely which doesn't come with a probability it's just predicted)

All mention of light snow removed and replaced with moderate.
    EIDW 272300Z 2800/2824 06012KT 9999 FEW012 SCT020 BKN035
    TEMPO 2800/2811 08018G30KT 1200 SHSNGS BKN008 BKN015CB - forecast, greater than 50% probability. Moderate showers of rain and graupel. 00Z (now) to 11Z
    PROB40 TEMPO 2800/2807 0800 SHSN FG BKN005 - 40% chance, moderate snow showers, 00Z to 07Z
    BECMG 2810/2812 08018G30KT - forecast, refers to wind only
    PROB40 TEMPO 2812/2821 09025G38KT 2000 SHSN BKN008 BKN018CB - 40% chance, moderate snow showers, 2000m visibility, 12 to 21Z tomorrow (all day basically)
    TEMPO 2822/2824 09025G39KT 1200 SHSN BKN007 BKN015CB - forecast, greater than 50% chance, moderate snow showers 22Z to 24Z tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

very heavy graupel now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I hope newinvestor hasn't gone out for a run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Seem to be in the shadow of the Isle of Man here in Maynooth all evening, only a couple of light showers since 6pm that blew through in no time, very underwhelming so far. The shower train south of the IOM finally seems to be getting some organisation so hopefully with a slight wind shift in the coming hours I might yet get a lie in tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

ED E wrote: »
    Tuning into EIDW to see how the flyboys are handling it.

thanks for the advert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I know it's Accuweather but they are predicting heavy snow from 20 minutes time in Cork City lasting a couple of hours sweet lord nobody will move if that comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Musefan wrote: »
    My husband has confidently bet me a fiver that "none of this will come to pass" and sure, "were just up the road from the shops etc". He laughed at my suggestion of getting in some 5l bottles of water.

I however, was a student in Dublin during 2010. It was hardly possible to confidently walk across campus, let alone carry shopping home. Exams were cancelled, I spent 6 hours on a bus for a 2 hour journey.

I'm looking forward to earning that fiver.

There was quite a few tiny snow flakes falling today. I've found a good nook to watch the action from over the next few days in Dublin 16.

Update, this evening in D 16 when things hadn't got started yet, my husband revised his bet, and said he was 100% sure there would be no lying snow in the morning. Looks like I'm in the money when he looks out! Muahahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Dublin shower train will be going for a while. Significant amounts will be accumulating overnight without a doubt.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

If it is this heavy in the midlands surely Dublin will get pasted? We did not really feature in the forecasts - although MT did give us a mention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

His first real snow. He just snapped at it trying to catch it last time :) he doesn’t know what to make of it at all this time :)

*and me a happy sap loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Nothing here in south Tipp since a 10 minute shower around 5. It did land, and it's still here, but I'm decidedly unimpressed. We had snow a few weeks ago, with no warning, and it was much more impressive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Plenty of snow to come overnight by the looks of it.

rJyzGIG.gif

7Xvwsmj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Incredibly have been in a constant stream of heavy snow for almost an hour, must be close to 5cm already,proper flaky stuff
    helps living at 200m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Starting to go white in D24. Nothing crazy heavy but graupel followed by light snow giving a decent covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

You know things are going well when you click "weather type off" on Netweather radar for a better judge of intensity. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Thunder in Dublin 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I know it's Accuweather but they are predicting heavy snow from 20 minutes time in Cork City lasting a couple of hours sweet lord nobody will move if that comes off.

Highly doubt that. Can't see it on any radar. But would love if the weather app was right for once haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement