Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sdanseo wrote: »
    Everyone in the frame is on a phone taking a picture

A sad reflection of our culture tbh. Rather than enjoying momentary experience for what it is, people now see experience as something to be caught on camera. How can anyone even enjoy and appreciate something as simple as a snow shower when you are holding up a phone and viewing it through a lens, at various positions to get the 'perfect' angle? Yes, I accept that I am getting old, and tired, and more seethingly bitter by the day, but I also accept that I may have a point.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I feel like a child again, waiting for the snow. I was about 6 in 1982 and I remember the utter hours of fun I had with neighbours when the snow came, my older brothers had to q up for milk, coal and bread but as I was too young I just had a blast. I only went back to the house for food and to dry off the gloves on the fire as they got soaked from the snow melting.

My 8 yr could not sleep with the anticipation today, I have my curtains open as am a night owl. I made about 8 stews yesterday for older neighbours and old family, and baked for about 6 hours non stop. Himself was like Santa dropping off goodies/food/essentials last night.

It's snowing on the north side of Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Just outside Rathdrum, light dusting hours ago but nothing since. Disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Very heavy in Blessington, Co. Wicklow, that's the rest of the week written off so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Highly doubt that. Can't see it on any radar. But would love if the weather app was right for once haha

I have my doubts as well looking at all the graphs😓😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    A sad reflection of our culture tbh. Rather than enjoying momentary experience for what it is, people now see experience as something to be caught on camera. How can anyone even enjoy and appreciate something as simple as a snow shower when you are holding up a phone and viewing it through a lens, at various positions to get the 'perfect' angle? Yes, I accept that I am getting old, and tired, and more seethingly bitter by the day, but I also accept that I may have a point.

I'm still just about under 30 and completely agree.

It's the snowflake generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Plenty of snow to come overnight by the looks of it.

rJyzGIG.gif

7Xvwsmj.gif

I’m taking from that graph that the good people of Bettystown have the Isle of Poxy Man for our “snow protection” tonight?

The child in me wants to stare out the window and cry. The adult in me wants to do what the child in me wants to do but I won’t while my wife is awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I have my doubts as well looking at all the graphs😓😒

On second thoughts, there is some thing coming! Pray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

How accurate is the UK met Future radar predictions ? Has me pasted from about 4 am. ??

Also regarding the Met Eireann Orange warning on the news it showed the Orange Alert on a map and parts of East Cavan where Orange ? Judging by there not being a loaf of bread to be bought today it didn't catch anybody out and we won't end up with Orange levels of snow surely it could have being said in news reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I know it's Accuweather but they are predicting heavy snow from 20 minutes time in Cork City lasting a couple of hours sweet lord nobody will move if that comes off.

Check the Radar on Nwtweather. The minute cast has being fairly spot on for here tonight. Part of the reason I am still awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

On second thoughts, there is some thing coming! Pray

See that, let's hope it doesn't go too far south and hits us ok in the city. I can't see it lasting for 'hours' like the app but hey, a top up is a top up right? Can't complain for the first time seeing proper snow on like 8 years :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Any snow for north kilkenny In the next hour ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

A mild -3 in West Mayo without a hint of snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Chucking it down in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Snow has arrived. Cam has sound so you can listen to the reactions :D
    https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Edit: look how fast that path is turning white. Everyone in the frame is on a phone taking a picture

theres always a lad walking around in a t shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m taking from that graph that the good people of Bettystown have the Isle of Poxy Man for our “snow protection” tonight?

The child in me wants to stare out the window and cry. The adult in me wants to do what the child in me wants to do but I won’t while my wife is awake.

Not for long, winds should veer East in an hour or so. I'm in Mornington and the ground is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Best.. birthday.... ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Lashing snow now in D13 - another quick shower

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Can't we just buy the Isle of man with the Apple money, repatriate the population here and ahem... sink it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Nothing here in south Tipp since a 10 minute shower around 5. It did land, and it's still here, but I'm decidedly unimpressed. We had snow a few weeks ago, with no warning, and it was much more impressive.

Same here in West Waterford close to co Tipp border, Knockmealdowns.
    The Comeraghs seem to take it all ! And there's a lot that just seems to slide along the sea shore without going inland.

I must say I'm kind of glad that it's the others getting it for once. Sorry. I know. I'm like a fallen snow-bunny. :o

I will still probably be excited in spite of all the hassle of it if it does come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Some inconsiderate neighbour has driven on the road.

Operation re-cover tyre tracks has commenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

http://tQHGBw.jpg

My winter wonderland, just click on the pic to see it bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

-0.8/-3.3C now with about a cm or so of snow, in D11.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Heavy hail on and off for the last hour in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Was just a little bit of hail and even a bit of rain

Even the birds where lining up to see it chucking down snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It's the snowflake generation.

Don't start me off...

g1379934714849235816.jpg

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

The sky is crazy out there - it's not even dark - I can clearly make out the clouds. Mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Was just a little bit of hail and even a bit of rain

Even the birds where lining up to see it chucking down snow :(

where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement