Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭bloopy

Showers in south Kilkenny are few and far between but seem to be dropping a good bit of snow when they do pass over. About 2-3cm laid down during last shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Complete white out off Bray Main Street .. Chucking it down now again . Big giant proper fluffy flakes ... beast size flakes :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Shower trains well defined now. Under one of these and you get a pasting.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Slightly more focused pic

Dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Just measured 4cm of level snow from last two showers :)

• Advertisement

lucy2010 wrote: »
    beast size flakes :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tobinjl91

More graupel falling here in D6, not much actual snow since the first shower at 6! hoping for more during the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Buncrana N. Donegal is completely white and it’s throwing it down.

I see what you did there.

Monsters actual monster size !! Boom !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snowing on and off for the past 3 hours in my area of meath, just 1 shower after another, good covering of snow but will be even better by morning if this keeps up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Light snow in Dublin 5. It better cover up the tyre tracks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Best.. birthday.... ever...

happy birthday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Just measured 4cm of level snow from last two showers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Don't start me off...

g1379934714849235816.jpg

Reality is back in the 80 and before if there was bad weather due there was no hype people just carried on and dealt with whatever was thrown at them . These days and I think the met are just as guilty as the express etc for over hyping things. some of their members seem to be trying to make celebrities of themselves by adding to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

No more snow here in my part of D15 since my last photos. Just checked there and the bit free of snow in the photo where a car was has not been snowed on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Looking very closely at the last few frames, looks like the wind shifting just a little bit more to the east.

Some areas west of Dublin should get out of the shadow shortly.

Loud graupel here now. Just on the very southern edge of the shadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Shower trains well defined now. Under one of these and you get a pasting.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

I live in Naas which is already white. Looks like the big ass things will pass over us during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dublin here near Ph Park. Sky to SW is clear and the moon is out. Sky to the South has an eerie orangey colour to it.

Is this normal, am I normal!

Enjoyed reading all your exciting snowchats. Hope those who were disappointed tonight get lashings overnight and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Seems to be a lot more convection kicking off now so potential for more prolonged spells of snow rather than the brief showers most have seen all evening. Wind starting to shift towards the east as well so anyone stuck under the Isle of Man shadow all night like myself might finally start to see some action. Gonna have to call it a night soon but still hopeful of a day off tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

sdanseo wrote: »
    Looking very closely at the last few frames, looks like the wind shifting just a little bit more to the east.

Some areas west of Dublin should get out of the shadow shortly.

Loud graupel here now. Just on the very southern edge of the shadow.

And the Irish Sea southeast of the Isle of Man just lit up. This is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

An inch in Naas now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The graupel that was falling here has now turned into snowflakes !!
    Light fall but still ! P/laoise .

Roads are frozen here now. No melt.

Anyone know what Johnie Foxes is like at the mo or predict what it will be like in the morn ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lashing down again in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Beautifully clear and calm here near UL, about -1, calm winds, almost no clouds.

I suspect the morning will have little or no snow cover around the city of Limerick. Still, I'm expecting driving conditions to be a tad slippery for those with a morning commute.
    Take care out there in the morning!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Do we think the circled bit is heading towards Blanch? Feel like I'm missing out on all the fun here. :(

443251.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

G_R wrote: »
    Do we think the circled bit is heading towards Blanch? Feel like I'm missing out on all the fun here. :(

Looks that way
    lucy2010 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Johnie Foxes is like at the mo or predict what it will be like in the morn ?

evans_wintersnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Coming down nicely the last 10 mins or so in Rathangan, Kildare. Big chunky flakes. Had a couple of small showers today that settled so this is topping it up nicely. Lampost playing a blinder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Definitely happening alright. Just drove from bray to shankill, crawled along and still sliding around, must be at least 2-3 inches in the areas off the main road and snowing heavily still.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement