Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

nice living in a cul de sac, no one's drove past to ruin it in hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Irish sea looks to really be coming alive. This could be carnage on the east even this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

If raintoday is correct we could be under a snow train for a good 3-4 hours

It sure does, even with a slightly more easterly shift in wind it will be even better

Bit of a dusting here in Dundalk. That northernmost streamer has been making valiant efforts to batter its way through the Mournes/Cooley snowshield for the last couple of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I think it’s safe to say that for some places at least, 4-6cm will be a gross underestimate
    SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    nice living in a cul de sac, no one's drove past to ruin it in hours

I wish. Operation disappearing tyre tracks is only halfway there. Then someone else will drive in.

• Advertisement

netbeatz wrote: »
    Check out your nearest lamp post :). It's lightly blowing in off the cell passing over Tramore

Im in the dead center of town. There is snow on the ground but doesn't appear to be snowing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Good chance all of Leinster will see something

Any rough idea on time ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Some small bit of snow slowing falling now here in cork city again. Wonder if it will become heavier ground is frozen so it would stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Pelting down in Terenure, south Dublin

Let's see a video otherwise I don't believe you.

I was in Cork City when it was "pelting down" according to boardsies. Was watching this thread and the window face-palming. It's all hype, twas a 10 minute sprinkling of snow. Bout 2mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Im in the dead center of town. There is snow on the ground but doesn't appear to be snowing at the moment.

Same here. It didn't last very long. More of a flurry really. Here's hoping we get some more solid snowfall overnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Let's see a video otherwise I don't believe you.

I was in Cork City when it was "pelting down" according to boardsies. Was watching this thread facepalming. It's all hype, twas a 10 minute sprinkling of snow. Bout 2mm.

Just because it didn't happen in your back garden doesn't mean it didn't happen. The snow that fell was very heavy for the amount of time it fell as can be seen in the actual pictures I posted earlier if you bothered to look instead of complaining about there not being any.

Edit: here's your beloved video which was from near the start and it got heavier then back to that then dusting then stopped. Now please stop with the 'it didn't snow heavily in cork earlier' when basically everybody else said it did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Looking West I can see thin clouds broken skies.
    Looking east I can see a wall of cloud.
    I’d say it’s coming in over Dublin cc shortly

netbeatz wrote: »
    Same here. It didn't last very long. More of a flurry really. Here's hoping we get some more solid snowfall overnight

Well I saw a dusting of snow..... I'm working from home tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

That is some Radar! Currently lamped in the IOM shadow so working with 2cm of snow and hail so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

bassy wrote: »
    Any rough idea on time ?.

Keep an eye on the radar, showers should start to push further inland over the next 2-3 hours.

God help Dublin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

If raintoday is correct we could be under a snow train for a good 3-4 hours

Hopefully so, it's really coming down now. I can't go to bed, this reminds me so much of 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Any reports from portlaois area, my Son travels by bus there for school, I can't see it making to suncroft myself

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Villain wrote: »

That SmartCar will disappear shortly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This snow is starting to surpass 2010 levels here for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

sounds like someone's knocking on my roof, absolutely hailing down in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Thankfully, the winds look to be swinging towards a more easterly direction in the 2 hours. I'm in the Isle of Man shadow and the sky is almost clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

This snow is starting to surpass 2010 levels here for me now

Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Well over an inch now in Naas

BC79739_A_AF00_43_B9_A1_AA_9_AA0_EBE44552.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

First time in a long time wearing clothes to bed!! Tis feckin baltic in Galway!!! #BeastFromTheEast? #KipInTheNip!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The netweather radar is lit up like Christmas over the Irish Sea. Could be hours left. Big bands just appeared north of Wales heading slightly south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

MT can only offer so much advice. Which is obviously very good advice. I suggest just jumping up and shaking the clouds. That might work if you want to try a snow solution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Time for me to give up and head to bed for the night.

More hail pelting down in Dublin cc will be a nice sound to fall asleep to.

But thoughts tonight for the homeless who didn't avail of the accommodation that was put in place. On my walk earlier I seen 5 sleeping rough but volunteers where making sure they had warm drinks and clothing.

I really hope that tomorrow does not bring a fatality. It's all good wishing for our white wonderland but let's also realise it's dangers.

Goodnight all and thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Irish Sea has just ignited like a flame the last hour. What a night we have ahead!

I'm really dumb when it comes to meteo stuff - what does this mean/indicate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement