Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Could easily see it , tis bucketing down now , have tempted for a drive about town see how bad it is , but that would be crazy wouldn't it :confused:............ :D yeah it would , I will head to bed :pac:

You have a jeep don't you 4WD☺️🌨️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

In Kilkenny we had 2 particularly heavy showers but literally nothing outside of those. I am expecting maybe 1 more dusting before morning but a total of maybe 3cm max is kind of a let down for me! We are all fussy I know but I expected to be double that by now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

snowing on and off here in tallaght since 11 pm, the showers are not as intense so far as 2010 but they have given us a good fall, more than i thought tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

KKkitty wrote: »
    I don't normally like snow but I want a fair bit this time around. I'm in Carlow so what are my chances?

Very high

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Really weird. I live in the countryside in meath. It was dark. Now suddenly its snowing really really heavy and the light outside has turned orange? The sky and all the snow on the ground is seriously tinted dark orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Susdtained heavy snow Delgany for the last half hour on top of early showers.....this is great:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ZX7R wrote: »
    You have a jeep don't you 4WD☺️��️

Haha I do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Haven't had a bout of non-graupel in D9 in a good while. A slight covering but I'd imagine that we are being held back by the lack of actual snow. Will update in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Steopo wrote: »
    couldn't bear missing out on the fun so booked a day early back from US and about to board so praying I don't end up in Shannon. Let it snow, let it snow, just not in Dublin Airport till tomorrow!!!!

I presume you are in Arizona or Florida or some other warm place over there!

Enjoy the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Heaviest snow of the night in D16

Perfection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

kn2k10 wrote: »
    Really weird. I live in the countryside in meath. It was dark. Now suddenly its snowing really really heavy and the light outside has turned orange? The sky and all the snow on the ground is seriously tinted dark orange.

Ian Paisley snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Wind really adds a different dimension to snow fall, proper drifting on side of some cars already in D12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

cassid wrote: »
    Just remember you are more important than any job, take care of yourself first:o

It's just a crappy part time job in retail, but I only started 2 weeks ago :( if the buses stop I'll be staying home. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Daz9716

gabeeg wrote: »
    Heaviest snow of the night in D16

Perfection

I agree haven't seen these flakes since 2010, and sky an orangie snowy sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Getting pasted in D14 now, heaviest persistent snow I've seen here since 2010.

I'm definitely in a fekkin snow shadow. Nothing for hours.

Sigh.

But anyway there are days to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

REports of 3-4 inches up near Saggart

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always happens, the white of the snow reflects the orange street lights and lights everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It's arrived in Dublin west d15

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Slow and steady here in South Drogheda at the moment, also seen the gritters just pass by, hat tip to those good folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

A good few cm now in Ringsend, everything is covered in white. Spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nalz wrote: »
    Still nothing in Dublin 15

:(
    You've got to be kidding me?

Hartstown is like a christmas card picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

It's the orange light from sodium streetlights from your nearest town or city reflecting from the laying snow into the clouds and dispersing into your area. I love the intense orange glow of a snowy night in Dublin, one of the reasons I will miss sodium street lights when they inevitably get replaced by white LEDs.

I love reading the late nighters posts. But my eyes are closing now having looked out the back so much now for a sign!

Will keep in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Steopo wrote: »
    couldn't bear missing out on the fun so booked a day early back from US and about to board so praying I don't end up in Shannon. Let it snow, let it snow, just not in Dublin Airport till tomorrow!!!!

EIDW 280130Z 10015KT 6000 -SHSN FEW008CB SCT019 BKN100 M01/M04 Q1021 R10/590595 R16/590599 TEMPO 1200

(R10 = main runway, 590595 translates to 5mm of wet snow deposit, braking action good)

Very landable at the moment.

50/50 whether the airfield will be open in 8hrs time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Mental snow in Trim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Hit and miss nature is mostly due to the showers being so small width wise. Far from beefy but heavy If you catch a sweet spot. So far.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

There is a definite thaw setting in here whenever it clouds over for any length.

The afternoon heat in the Isle of Man may have helped fire up the first heavy showers around 5pm in North County Dublin. We've had nothing of consequence since just after sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Here's the best picture of the sky i could get through the snow, why did it randomly turn orange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

I presume you are in Arizona or Florida or some other warm place over there!

Enjoy the visit.

Was 16c & sunny in Chicago today !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement