Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Inland south east has not fared as well as hoped - So far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Popoutman wrote: »
    Beautifully clear and calm here near UL, about -1, calm winds, almost no clouds.

I suspect the morning will have little or no snow cover around the city of Limerick. Still, I'm expecting driving conditions to be a tad slippery for those with a morning commute.
    Take care out there in the morning!

No noise from the Rag Week heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'd say red alert territory.

This is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

And it's started up again properly here, hope to see blizzards like the rest of you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Looks like Bray is about to be murdered.

Bye Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Wow, it's really coming down in D7. The wind is making it form in small drifts.

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    And it's started up again properly here, hope to see blizzards like the rest of you now!

Whats your postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Congrats to all those in the snow starved east and south getting snow. There is no better sound than that of the crunch of powdery snow under foot!
    Cheers Nacho!! You've made me feel proud , like i personally did something to warrant this 😁 couldnt have did it without your support xx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

2cm pushing on 3cm here in Cabra, D7, and it's just kicking off again (and the whole night is just getting started really too, it has been quite a light night here, shower wise). Street outside is completely buried, not a hint of grit, I'm just glad my car is parked way off the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Easily 0cm after falling in Galway...

should be a red alert that we're not getting any!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 liamo77

Would not like to be driving in the morning in Dublin.

Snowfall rate here is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Extremely heavy snow/blizzard/whiteout in Dublin 5 right now. Totally makes up for the rather disappointing start earlier! Exceptionally low visibility. I sound mad but the snow cover has increased by nearly double.

gabeeg wrote: »
    Whats your postcode?

D14, close to UCD.

This is the heaviest snow I have EVER seen in my life. Visibility is 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Lay off the white stuff you are losing your mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

aidanodr wrote: »
    Absolute tipping it down again in Carrigaline Cork.. city too possibly

not a flake on the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Boards site crash in 3....2.....

This is the heaviest snow I have EVER seen in my life. Visibility is 0.

Take pics /videos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The beast gobbling up the IOM now. "I hear of your shadow lore small island. Let it be known I shall not tolerate such insolence. Let there be be orange light for all!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lil_ms_fu ky

I’m in d7 too. We have a nice coating but I would like to see a coating of epic proportions 😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

2cm is my estimate of what's on the ground here.

Come on now your a veteran poster here , out to the garden with the rule or tape , estimates , we deal in cold hard facts around these here parts

D14, close to UCD.

Oh man you're painfully close

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Its ridiculous, the rate is insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Glad for you mate :D

Thanks for all the informative posting you and the others do :D

Looking at radar it seems its going to last to some degree for another while yet for ye up in Dublin :o

I’m in d7 too. We have a nice coating but I would like to see a coating of epic proportions ��

D14 not 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Was a bit worried at the activity in the eastern Irish Sea dropping off, but I see it did that about 30mins ago too. Looks more like a radar in the UK dropping offline for a 5 min gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I've never seen snow this heavy!! The level of snow on the roads is nearly up to the footpaths. Surely a red warning will be issued? Tapering off a bit now.

Come on now your a veteran poster here , out to the garden with the rule or tape , estimates , we deal in cold hard facts around these here parts

Haha I will when it's worth it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Question. You are a Met Éireann forecaster - you see the radar.

Do you call a red now in Dublin to close the schools?

Choices, choices.

Look at South Cork only a yellow and part of Donegal being snowing on and off for hours and not even a yellow warning there. I reckon they'll just stick with orange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement