Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

I can’t see schools opening here tomorrow. Hitting 4 inches now and falling at an incredible rate.
    WC was right about Kildare and West Dublin being the sweet spots this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

gabeeg wrote: »
    Oh man you're painfully close

Savage Blizzard in Dublin 15...,mega snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just off Anglesey, there seems to be a more east west motion in activity on the Irish Sea.
    Snow easing off here in Kinsealy for now.
    Temp -1.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

hope we get more here, south of New Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Boards site crash in 3....2.....

We're only at 6k posts, have to hit 10k to break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

This is a thing of beauty, relentless snow in dublin 5. I am so close to the coast, can only imagine what this is like further inland

Will any of these streamers hit south Wexford do ye think? Love some of the white gold ye are experiencing up there. Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Just drove home up the M1 from the airport to Drogheda, i must say, fair play to the road crews keeping roads clear, plenty of gritters/plows up and down, fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Easily 0cm after falling in Galway...

Awwwwww no. SHAME FOR YA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

No disrespect,

But you cannot compare the bit of snow that has fallen in Cork and Waterford with the huge falls in Dublin in particular and Wicklow. No comparison.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Pilot on takeoff from Chicago just announced that conditions in Dublin are pleasant but a cold 0c & he will update more later. I get the feeling he’s not telling us everything he knows !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

TheTorment wrote: »
    Will any of these streamers hit south Wexford do ye think? Love some of the white gold ye are experiencing up there. Enjoy!!

The night is young :) Hoping for some more here in Waterford too. Next few days could be our moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Okay visibility down a good bit now, getting very heavy again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

ED E wrote: »

With another few days to go we will surely break that record, might even double it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Very heavy in d15. It's great !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Doubling of forecast intensity on the 3hr forecast in the space of just an hour. This shows around 8 to 16cm of snow in the deepest yellow & purple areas (in what I think is a 1hr timeframe, but certainly not more than 3hrs)

3hr-rain.gif?0220

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I remember in 2010 at the beginning of the snow someone made a snow map and mapped out all the places that people posted as having snow. Can't remember did he do the depth too.

I'm supposed to drop my son to the bus in a bit over two hours in KK town heading to central Dublin and from there he goes to Rathgar for work and then back again in the evening to catch the bus from the quays home to Kilkenny. What are the chances of him being stranded in Dublin? Should he miss the day's wages and stay put in bed?

Thoughts, please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

No disrespect,

But you cannot compare the bit of snow that has fallen in Cork and Waterford with the huge falls in Dublin in particular and Wicklow. No comparison.....

It's not a competition. Snow is snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

There's no way in hell schools gonna be open tomorrow. We're in a full freaking blizzard In D14 and easily have like 3 or 4cm of snow in the last hour alone

ED E wrote: »

Or about 8,000 active users at any one time.

There were 4,500 using the weather forum alone at one stage earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

From the looks of it, its about to get much worse, dare i say better?

97lk5j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I feel sorry for those in Dublin that went to bed in disappointment LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Right I’m going to say it!

I don’t think this amount of snow fell this quickly in 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Woke up just now in Grand Canal, Dublin 2. Checked outside not expecting anything!

Might not be clear from the photo but it's still falling heavily.

pad199207 wrote: »

Certainly not here anyway

Red alert of some form at some time tomorrow for Dublin/East Leinster is 100% certain, I'm calling it. Most likely by mid morning but knowing the NECG from Ophelia they'll realise they cocked up, and wait till the afternoon and issue then so as to ensure schools receive message before they close (if there's any open).

And we will do well to be out of a red alert scenario by the weekend the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Some parts of West Cork such as Bandon/Clonakilty have seen a large deposit so far and it's still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those in Dublin that went to bed in disappointment LOL.

Snooze you lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

the thing is - what about outside Dublin? :P

*runs and hides*

In all seriousness, this looks to be monumental in some ways, for a small section of the country... thus far. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I remember in 2010 at the beginning of the snow someone made a snow map and mapped out all the places that people posted as having snow. Can't remember did he do the depth too.

I'm supposed to drop my son to the bus in a bit over two hours in KK town heading to central Dublin and from there he goes to Rathgar for work and then back again in the evening to catch the bus from the quays home to Kilkenny. What are the chances of him being stranded in Dublin? Should he miss the day's wages and stay put in bed?

Thoughts, please? :)

Given the trip he has to do and the forecast Id leave him in bed. Really not worth the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

pad199207 wrote: »

I'd well imagine that's true, the windspeed is higher tonight so further inland areas are doing much better than they would have in 2010.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement