Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just got a text from my manager saying they are postponing collections until further notice. There's a good 5-6 inches out my back garden in the curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Any snow in mayo ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Flock of birds just flew over the house, don't think they know where they're going!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Radar shows streamers drying up a bit in an hour or so, even accounting for the welsh one.
    Watch that space I cant imagine it will stay like that for long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭squarecircles

bassy wrote: »
    Any snow in mayo ?.

Not even any frost. Too dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Couldn't sleep, thrilled for all of you getting snow... hope its heading for Waterford , we haven't had anything since a couple of beefy showers much earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just got a glimpse of a Rare Arctic Fox Tallaght Dublin :)
    cant link a youtube vid been a long time since i posted here i tried heres the link :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-Qzl9PCd8

By any chance are your initials DL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Quite a bit in Dublin 15. I am not sure about any school bus coming in the morning in that. My 15 year old also has to use Dublin Bus to get to Trinity College.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Woke at 1.30 am and it wasn't snowing woke at 2.30 with sick baby tummy bug , look out side and its snowing hard and still falling at 4 am in Carlow town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Today alone makes this the best winter since 2010-11 here, which shows how dire they have been if one day can manage to beat all of them combined!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Jesus H, I never seen anything like this in my life time- hence still awake. Did not think the midlands would get anything until Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Probably about 4-5 inches here so far and its still coming down in South Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

sdanseo wrote: »
    Radar shows streamers drying up a bit in an hour or so, even accounting for the welsh one.
    Watch that space I cant imagine it will stay like that for long

Looks like it organised itself into a trough now with a more east west motion

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome everybody to the great snow storm of 2018, the next few days should be thrilling if tonight is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

About 12cm still snowing

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Drifts across my driveway now

Visibility getting very low again in Artane with heavy snow. I would guess that there is just over 10cm here. Some people are in for a surprise later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

sdanseo wrote: »
    That’s like the reaction of me as a 7 year old to Christmas morning

Thats exactly what it feels like!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

D16 here. My 3 year old is going to go bananas when he wakes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Good 3 inches - Filled in by the time I turned around to take a pic

IMG_20180228_034427.jpg

IMG_20180228_034513.jpg

IMG_20180228_035012_HHT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublinlady1513

I reckon we will all be talking about this for years to come! A real once in a lifetime experience.
    Although,
    My children now think Santa is coming in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Coming down here now quiet heavy about 15km west of Kilkenny city. As heavy as the previous showers today. Anyone able to tell me if this system will continue to reach this far inland.

Also what's with the radars all going quiet over the irish sea all of a sudden ?

The lamppost I'm watching is a bit odd... The North of it is absolutely plastered because of the wind direction while the South of it is pretty much intact.

Very intense snow again, nearly a whiteout! Blowing snow now too. The grass is submerged in snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Just woke up in newbridge and ... not even works to describe that... Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Whiteout here in Santry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭abaddon_ire

Still chucking it in D11. not heavy, just persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Amaziiiiing,fell aspleep at 1AM,got up just now went out of front door, snowing heavily so took measurement and we have 16cm of lying snow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Now that 2 hours has past. Anybody else notice we are having way more then 6cm... D14 looks like a snow apocolapse rn and it hasn't stopped snowing since around 1am. I can't see the footpath well and snow is up to 1/4th of the tires of cars now.... this is a lot more then we were expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Unbelievably, still pelting down with snow in dublin 5. The snow is now rising up from the road to the top of the curbs!! Never thought it would snow anything close to this much tonight, amazing. Just stepped outside and absolute silence as the snow tumbled down, could hear a pin drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Some snow has fallen in Dublin 6
    sndhg1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement