Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Glad I got a few hours sleep, now to just wait and watch the country come to a standstill as people wake up to this, this should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

8cm of level snow on the tarmac so far.
    -2.2C atm

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Portweather

Has anyone seen headline on Irish Independent website? Cringe! Storm Emma is not till Thursday and they have a pic from London stating it as storm Emma! Fake news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Winds seem to have moved to the east reducing the number of streamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Has anyone seen headline on Irish Independent website? Cringe! Storm Emma is not till Thursday and they have a pic from London stating it as storm Emma! Fake news

When have the papers ever been anything else other than dopes when it comes to the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The Mig wrote: »
    Bit of a let down so far in Shankill Co.Dublin. Hope to jaysus it picks up later and it sticks

Just woke up for work. Absolute whiteout. Back to bed :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'm feeling really tired now so I feel as if all this snow is in my dreams! Still light to moderate slow on Artane. I went to the bathroom to lol at the garden and there was a lot of slow, more than at the front of course. The snow has built up on my north facing window and there's ice on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Anyone near Dublin 8? How heavy is snow there? Trying to debate is it worth the trek to work to then hear a red warning is in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Latest radar

443291.jpeg

Image courtesy Netweather.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Right, off to bed.

What an event! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone near Dublin 8? How heavy is snow there? Trying to debate is it worth the trek to work to then hear a red warning is in place.

In d8, from the 5th floor looks like 4-5 inches, the odd car is flying along cork st handily enough, seems to be relatively clear

Just measured in newbridge, 17.5 cm right outside my door which is fairly sheltered, could easily be up to 20 cm in some parts of my garden, so much for 4 to 6 cm!
    Still falling fairly heavily but should be stopping in the next half hour according to the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

Postcard snow scene here in Dublin 7. Just got up and went downstairs, no need for any lights on as the place is so bright with the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Clearing up in Dublin 5 now. Ironically, the sky is getting darker! Best weather event since 2010 for sure! Off to bed now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Couldn't sleep so been following this thread with interest. In Firhouse D24 and theres at least 10cm down so far. Not really snowing atm but accuweather is saying another load is due at 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod note

Just reminding everyone that there is a dedicated thread for essential preparations, travel advice, closures etc during severe winter weather HERE

It will be easier and quicker to get your queries answered there - they’ll just get lost in here among the weather reports and general chat.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Woke up to feed daughter, looked outside and snow is up to the kerb!! Dog went outside and went mental and wouldn't come back in for ages. Eyes in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

OMG went to bed and there was 3cm on the ground. Just looked outside and we got plastered. So thankful for all the experts on here that called this right. I’m in The Curragh. “Working” from home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Sono

So folks do we expect a red alert this morning for Dublin?

This thread has been brilliant entertainment over the past 24 hours, thanks to all who contributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

It's what Christmas mornings are supposed to be like.
    Holy god, serious snow in celbridge. Just woke up to have a look, there's no getting back to sleep now.
    Would it be mean to wake my 4 year old up to build a snowman....I feel the urge to recreate a scene from Frozen.....

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    So folks do we expect a red alert this morning for Dublin?

This thread has been brilliant entertainment over the past 24 hours, thanks to all who contributed.

I'd nearly imagine so, I think ME underestimated snowfall levels a bit, and with snow supposed to continue falling throughout the day, I don't really see how they have a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Extremely heavy again in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Do you want to build a snowmannnnnnnnn.

Went to bed at 12, just a dusting. Woke up an hour ago to have a look. Opened the velux in the bedroom and got soaked in snow. Bloody freezing so I am.

A good 10cm I reckon. Not far from Kildare town.

Was supposed to go to Wales this morning on the boat. Cancelled it on Sunday but felt bad. Now I am chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lumi wrote: »
    Latest radar

Image courtesy Netweather.tv

Getting a bit more organised to make the push west?
    Getting to work for people in Leinster should be lots of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Snowing again in Waterford, showers more frequent now... even if I could get to work today, dont think its going to happen. How do I explain that I cant work with tiredness because ive been up half the night looking out the window :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Well it snowed while I slept and it’s still coming down in Kilcock!!! 3 year old is going to be SOOOO excited when he wakes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

That one rogue snow shower in tipperary has been sitting right over me as it intensified, unexpected 5cm here, I got very lucky with this

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Snowing again in Waterford, showers more frequent now... even if I could get to work today, dont think its going to happen. How do I explain that I cant work with tiredness because ive been up half the night looking out the window :)

Tell them you suffer from Hominochionophobia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

11 cm depth here in D.16 at 05:15 (measured on the sheltered side of the house on a wooden garden table)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Its all so perfect. White and pure looking on our road. Just about to leave for work and I feel so guilty about leaving tracks in it.

Stamullen, Co. Meath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement