Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

About 5 inches has fallen and is frozen here in Thurles and continues to fall -3 at the moment and very ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Unreal snow falling here now. No visibility whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

osheen wrote: »
    Its all so perfect. White and pure looking on our road. Just about to leave for work and I feel so guilty about leaving tracks in it.

Stamullen, Co. Meath

Some p***k just drove down my road - I nearly ran after him to give him a smack!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

My brother has a hospital appointment in Dublin today, he would be travelling from sligo, last nite I semi advised it would be a bad idea. Said I'd update situation first thing this morning. It would be really stupid for him to travel up for it, right?? I'm in celbridge and it's total white out here. But I remember Dublin in the 2010 snow when I worked in town and it was just mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

Full on blizzard here between Killeagh and Castlemartyr in East Cork, nothing going to be moving in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anyone know what m50 is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

The sea looks quiet again behind this big blob

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

pad199207 wrote: »
    Unreal snow falling here now. No visibility whatsoever

Just waiting patiently for it here in newbridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

gandalf wrote: »
    Tell them you suffer from Hominochionophobia :)

Heavy snow now, I suffer with something alright!! My other half thinks im crazy.. but for people who love snow, you will all get it.. I love that it brings out the child in people...isnt great for once we are not fretting over DP's or wet bulb temps... this forty two yr old woman is jumping for joy this morning ...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Nothing at all in cork city.. ...ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Looks like about 4 inches + has fallen outside and it's snowing again. Was not expecting that overnight. Surely warning level should be RED at this stage? Looks like we are going to see some large snowfall totals seeing as it's only Wednesday am. Wondering is it worth even trying to fit snow socks. Really gone in to the freezer up here.

Take care in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

In Tallaght. A good snow fall last night. Not sure to chance getting to work or not. I might make it in but have trouble getting home again...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Coopaloop wrote: »
    It's what Christmas mornings are supposed to be like.
    Holy god, serious snow in celbridge. Just woke up to have a look, there's no getting back to sleep now.
    Would it be mean to wake my 4 year old up to build a snowman....I feel the urge to recreate a scene from Frozen.....

Hard top believe the amount that fell last night, here in Leixlip. Went to bed last night and could see the grass. Not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

A very nice covering in Ardmore county Waterford right down to sea level. Showers started around 5pm yesterday, just had another finish in the last few minutes. Lamppost watching with my 6 year old daughter, happiness is.......ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Coopaloop wrote: »
    My brother has a hospital appointment in Dublin today, he would be travelling from sligo, last nite I semi advised it would be a bad idea. Said I'd update situation first thing this morning. It would be really stupid for him to travel up for it, right?? I'm in celbridge and it's total white out here. But I remember Dublin in the 2010 snow when I worked in town and it was just mental.

I think the hospitals cancelled all the appts last time it was this bad, so more than likely that’s going to happen again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anyone know what m50 is like

Not good.

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/cams/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Naas getting hit alright

The trains are still running. Bah don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

ME very late with todays forecast. Prob trying to decide warning level!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Gone red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

RED WARNING ISSUED

On met eireann website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Does that mean schools will close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Red alert has been issued for dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

About 2-3cm here in East Limerick, still falling, wasn't expecting anything really until maybe Thursday evening... Crazy! Kids will be delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Should be RED for parts of Carlow too... Still only Orange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Heavy snow now, I suffer with something alright!! My other half thinks im crazy.. but for people who love snow, you will all get it.. I love that it brings out the child in people...isnt great for once we are not fretting over DP's or wet bulb temps... this forty two yr old woman is jumping for joy this morning ...

Naw there is something wonderful about fresh snowfall before it turns to slush. Can't wait for my 7 yr old to wake up. He hasn't seen snow like this before so its going to be great to see his reaction. I'm lucky I can work from home so I will be exercising that option today. I think my business trip to Belfast on Thursday is off as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good stuff. Text sent to work. Time to enjoy the day

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Just woke up to go for a swizz....holy Jesus Eskimo sperm Christ!! 10cm+ here North Kildare.....and it’s payday! Now to throw my cat out the top window, “pshh pshh pshh, here kitty” (rattles the cat food bag in the bedroom)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Double checked just there to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but theres 21 cm on the ground in newbridge, right in the middle of a massive snow shower atm so expect that to go even higher, red warning now issued too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

West Limerick city covered in snow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement