Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is the Red Warning for all Ireland-north Tipp plenty of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Well red weather warning means no bus eireann school buses will run.. So no school for my lad here. Even though still very little snowfall here
    Where are you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Double checked just there to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but theres 21 cm on the ground in newbridge, right in the middle of a massive snow shower atm so expect that to go even higher, red warning now issued too

I am just up the road from you. I don't think anybody called this amount of snow this early in the event.

Now if only the wind would feck off so I can send up the drone at sunrise I would be a really happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Sono

2 best words anyone can read when they wake up

RED ALERT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Sono wrote: »
    2 best words anyone can read when they wake up

RED ALERT!!

Not if you live in South Korea :)

Savage for us though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

East Cork has a good few cm's on the ground and still falling, yet no warning for here ?? Roads are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 j_sticks

Red warning:

Snow-ice Warning for Dublin, Kildare, Louth, Wicklow and Meath
    Heavy overnight snowfall has led to accumulations of snow between 5 and 10cm. Snow showers will continue to occur during today and again tonight with further accumulations. Total snowfall up to midday Thursday may reach 25cm.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 05:00
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 05:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Tzardine wrote: »
    I am just up the road from you. I don't think anybody called this amount of snow this early in the event.

Now if only the wind would feck off so I can send up the drone at sunrise I would be a really happy camper

A drone shot of this would be amazing, lets hope it clears up a bit by then

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Approximately 10cm has fallen overnight in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tooshjr81

I’m in Gorey, Wexford. Nothing worth talking about here. A very light dusting at best in town.
    I’m due to travel from here to Greystones for work in an hour, is there any reports of snow fall amounts in Greystones?
    My work is all outside to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Irish sea look to be coming back to life :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This is ridiculous. Why didn't anybody warn us that there would be this amount of snow?? I know in work people said it was going to snow but I thought they were messing!!!!! Surely Facechat or Snapbook should have told people???? #cantcope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

red for wicklow?
    got excited reading thread expecting snow outside just went out and not a flake on car or grpund ashford co wicklow.
    bone dry

what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

24cm in a drift on driveway here in Naas. 17cm on Level snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

sumtings wrote: »
    West Limerick city covered in snow!

Not a drop 12 miles out the road in West Limerick county. Wasn't expecting any last night tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,023 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

antodeco wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Why didn't anybody warn us that there would be this amount of snow?? I know in work people said it was going to snow but I thought they were messing!!!!! Surely Facechat or Snapbook should have told people???? #cantcope

Please tell me you're joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

vickers209 wrote: »
    red for wicklow?
    got excited reading thread expecting snow outside just went out and not a flake on car or grpund ashford co wicklow.
    bone dry

what gives?

Just down the road from you and it's the same. Not a flake.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

red for wicklow?
    bone dry

what gives?

Strange, loads here in Tallaght...and just started coming down again. ☃��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Heavy snow now in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not a drop in south Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Woke up to about 2cm here in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭prunudo

Tooshjr81 wrote: »
    I’m in Gorey, Wexford. Nothing worth talking about here. A very light dusting at best in town.
    I’m due to travel from here to Greystones for work in an hour, is there any reports of snow fall amounts in Greystones?
    My work is all outside to

Very little in Newtownmountkennedy anyway, maybe less than 2cm. Not sure where the heavy stuff starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Red altert. Happy days.

https://youtu.be/R9dNTrJCLwI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

This is class. woke up to go the gym @ 5 30 but went for a stroll around portobello instead while alot of the snow was undisturbed.

Snow day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

Just took a look outside here in Naas and OMG!!! This thread is going to go into meltdown shortly! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

red for wicklow?
    bone dry

what gives?
    A slight covering here in arklow town

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

red for wicklow?
    bone dry

what gives?
    In bray we’re covered in it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Hopefully someone from MET updates the RED warning to include more counties after last nights heavy snowfall. I suspect there will be many waking up this am scratching their heads when they see the Orange warning and proceed outside to be met with 10cm or more of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Lots of snow on the ground in Waterford ⛄️ ❄️

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement