Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

o1s1n wrote: »
    Please tell me you're joking?

Stick your head out the window and can you feel the snow going over your head? I'm sure my joke is in there aswell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

At least 15cms possibly more here in meath and its still lashing down

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

pad199207 wrote: »
    24cm in a drift on driveway here in Naas. 17cm on Level snow.

I'm not too far from you (Kilteel area) and I would guess we have about 200mm easily.

It's too early to start getting dressed and head out (don't want to waken the kids etc) and actively measure it, but I'd be confident enough with that guess - and it's still coming down.

Will get the drone airborne later.for some epic.footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hopefully someone from MET updates the RED warning to include more counties after last nights heavy snowfall. I suspect there will be many waking up this am scratching their heads when they see the Orange warning and proceed outside to be met with 10cm or more of snow.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Lots of snow on the ground in Waterford ⛄️ ❄️

And another shower incoming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

Hopefully someone from MET updates the RED warning to include more counties after last nights heavy snowfall. I suspect there will be many waking up this am scratching their heads when they see the Orange warning and proceed outside to be met with 10cm or more of snow.

I agree some people will proceed to drive in this even though it could cause an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

At least 15cms possibly more here in meath and its still lashing down

Where abouts in Meath are You?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

About 6cms here in Sallins 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

bobbygirl wrote: »
    About 6cms here in Sallins 😊

I guarantee its more than 6 !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I was sure Laois would be included. Hopefully they will exte.d the counties under red warnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

honeybear wrote: »
    Dreading driving on n7 to work
    Where you going to. Unless you are saving lives. Stay home.
    North Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

In Sallins myself. Absolute whiteout! Well more than 6cm here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blud wrote: »
    Red warning for 15cm of snow? Was it always like this?

When did we get so soft?

It's not 15cm across the entire island. Some areas might have treble that, others double others nothing at all.

Replace soft with sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Unbelievable! woke up to winter wonderland in D15! Everything so peaceful and undisturbed! I'd say 10cms at least if not more and still falling! Waiting to hear if commuter trains still running!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I'm on the Meath/Westmeath border and officially we're on yellow warning yet a few hundred metres down the road Meath has a red warning. Doesn't make sense. I know east Cavan got a pasting and yet they don't have any warning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

ongarboy wrote: »
    Unbelievable! woke up to winter wonderland in D15! Everything so peaceful and undisturbed! I'd say 10cms at least if not more and still falling! Waiting to hear if commuter trains still running!!

Irish rail twitter saying so. Missus is heading for the 6.34 from coolmine, so will know for sure soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Don't let her, regardless of consequences. I'm in Carlow town, very heavy snowfall, non-main roads will be lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

ongarboy wrote: »

Yep trains are running. The Irish rail twitter guy is working since 5am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

bit of snow ted

443296.jpeg

443297.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Is there more snow expected in Dublin before 8 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Another flash in Dublin 5 and still bucketing snow.

Funny, words like bucketing and lashing and showers all make me think of rain. Especially bucketing, like you're catching drips from a leaking ceiling ...

On this day of white gold we need a new adjective:

Hey everyone, it's shovelling snow out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Deedsie wrote: »
    North Tipp

You can almost guarantee there will be crashes between Roscrea and Birdhill on the M7.
    I was just behind the recent crash that closed the motorway a few weeks back-the road conditions went from perfect to dreadful in the blink of an eye-imo, one could not attribute it to driver(s) error(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

aurora 527 wrote: »
    And another shower incoming...

And there is no weather warning for Waterford. I am getting ready for work need to decide if walking or driving at the minute. If I could drive there can bring bag and sleeping bag in case need to stay but won’t be able to carry all that walking as a good few miles .

Frontline services don’t get option to stay at home I was hoping would be able to drive this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

MTC's latest update :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Looks like only 2-3cmm here in D9 but maybe I am wrong. How is it in Crumlin? I need to go to work regardless of Reds alert

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Is there more snow expected in Dublin before 8 ?

Yes the worst hasn't even arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

It's not 15cm across the entire island. Some areas might have treble that, others double others nothing at all.

Replace soft with sensible.

I see from another thread that a lot more is due today, which could be the explanation.

That said, if the warning is solely on what is now lying, it's nuts. And there's nowhere with 45cm of snow right now, that's completely baseless.

I understand that this thread is not representative of the population as it seems to be full of people just praying for a day off work, so I might not fit in here, but red warning this early seems very early. It completely dilutes what a ref warning should mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

MTC's latest update :eek:

What does it say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I was just behind the recent crash that closed the motorway a few weeks back-the road conditions went from perfect to dreadful in the blink of an eye-imo, one could not attribute it to driver(s) error(s)

I was travelling to Shannon before Christmas and passed through here (Birdhill) in really heavy sleet, temp about 2c.

Plenty of fools passing me at 150 kph plus with no lights on. Tailgating the cars in front of them. Unsurprisingly one in front of me spun out. Not to be outdone, fella coming the same way did the same. Motorway closed both ways. All perfectly avoidable if people slowed down and drove to the conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

CAnt believe what I’ve woken up to in Ballyfermot. Yessssssssss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement