Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Reati wrote: »
    Fine. In 24hrs and 48hrs I'll reply and it'll still have been an overblown warning that was never in the league of a red alert.

Are you super cereal?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I am on the coast beside raheny and no thaw. Far too cold. Seems impossible if it’s -2 degrees

Yeah, you’re right, I thought there was thaw as the snow was melting off my neighbors conservatory roof, it must be the house heating. Panic was setting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

There's a 1cm thick layer of ice under the snow in my area from when a graupel shower kind of melted and then powder snow fell on it ! Dangerous driving conditions I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eeeek snowing in Cork City again, and very heavy snow in Rathcormac according to a work colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

awec wrote: »
    So is there to be more snowfall in Dublin?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Oops69 wrote: »
    in fairness that looks like 6-7 inches which is well shy of a foot

You must have some wand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

heavy proper snow galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    They're not afraid of the snow. They're afraid of injuring themselves or others because of the hazardous conditions. You're clearly the eejit.
    nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

See, now THIS is snow! This is what I'm talking about, not that crappy Atlantic slop.

16 cm at Casement, 5 cm at Dublin Airport. Around 8 cm for me in Celbridge. Perfect dry snow. No problems driving on it at the moment but could people please clean their cars properly, rooves, lights and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    Eeeek snowing in Cork City again, and very heavy snow in Rathcormac according to a work colleague.
    And the buses are still running it seems. Are at least I think I saw a bus running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

in Castlemartyr, cork- still snowing and quite a lot of snow on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A nice dusting in Galway city and it’s getting heavier.
    An unexpected surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

First time on a snow thread this year I can say - sunny and spring like in south Sligo.

Enjoying all the wintry pics - be safe if you're travelling.

South Sligo
    In springtime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Light snow now in D7 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Try_harder wrote: »
    bollox , justice for Drumm delayed another day !

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Blizzard much heavier in Galway, snow landed. There isn't even a warning for here is there? Worried if we leave we will find it difficult to get home this evening, also live on steep hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Still lightly snowing in West Clare, nice covering, but not a patch on some of ye! Lots of drifting leaving interesting patterns on roads and driveways.

Looks like it'll stop here soon. More to come no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

PLL wrote: »
    Blizzard much heavier in Galway, snow landed. There isn't even a warning for here is there? Worried if we leave we will find it difficult to get home this evening, also live on steep hill.

yep heavy blizzard now

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

6cm and steady stream of showers here in north Meath/Cavan border. Very little activity on the roads so guessing most places pulled the plug for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Very heavy snow falling in Douglas, Cork right now. Thick coating on the ground, must schools in the area closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Blowing snow looks spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sun shining in the south-east now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And the buses are still running it seems. Are at least I think I saw a bus running.

Yeah, well to be fair I flew into work - the roads are fine in the city....at least, they were, not sure about later :D
    A bit of downhill slalom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

mark_jmc wrote: »
    in Castlemartyr, cork- still snowing and quite a lot of snow on the ground

Not far from you, but higher up, we prob got about 3inches of snow here, kerbs have disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Heavy snow currently falling for the last hour in east Cavan, virginia area. 3 inches so far. -3 degrees

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Expect a resurgence in activity from around 11am onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Blizzard in Galway never forecast this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This shower in cork city is really heavy. A lot of schools closed here (except mine ofc.. going in late though). All three narksbfrok cars are gone and it's still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Reati wrote: »
    Fine. In 24hrs and 48hrs I'll reply and it'll still have been an overblown warning that was never in the league of a red alert.

I think you mean it doesn’t meet your criteria to be a red warning or your interpretation of a red warning or what it should be? Which is another argument.
    However it does currently meet the outset criteria, just not your criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Radar showing heavy snow over wicklow at the min but its only powdery stuff and blue skies coming through. Why is this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement