Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,930 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Coming down heavy in Tuam now!

I'm not one of the regular weather posters so I could be wrong but my understanding is a lot more to come today/tomorrow.

yup they're talking about 25cm by midday tomorrow, technically that would be prior to the event, am I right? which means if the storm comes off we may look like the set of day after tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Two inches of snow lying on the ground in Armagh City at 6.00 am this morning - clear sky and -4C. However Belfast and surrounding hills totally clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Status orange warning in Cork said up to 8cm. At the rate its currently falling it'll be 8cm within the hour. Can barely see its coming down so heavy. Has been for last 45 minutes at the same heavy rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Why is it that netweather is showing snow over wicklow yet nothing but a little powder falling? Skies clearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Decent enough dusting here in Dublin 2. Was sorely disappointed this morning to wake up and see far less than expected, but I'm coming to terms with it!

xtb25SB.jpg
    07joDtf.jpg
    aRJ05JM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Brrrrrr cold in East Clare this morning...
    White everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Loads of snow here in North Kildare, only around 1cm when I went to bed but a good 7 or 8cm this morning at a guess so a nice surprise. Still coming down now so should be a fun day ahead :D

Yep 8cm in North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Snowing quite heavily now in the Northside of Cork city. Been at work since 7.45am...was fine when I left for work but getting bad now! Most people at work have come in from the city. Those that live outside the city seem to all be at home. Carpark was a lot emptier than usual but thankfully we have guys gritting the place all day...

Hope I’ll be able to get home okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Tried to get to work at 7.55 but had to abandon car on unpassable hill here in Rochestown, South Cork city. Car will be there til Monday now. Estate is pretty much cut off already and radar has lots more to come shortly. Epic stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

My Polly tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Bright clear sunny morning here in Donegal and not a hint of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Some light dandruff in the wind,west mayo,one of the only counties not in any warning,rain symbols over us tomorrow,surprised how quick the slop will come in on late Friday,up to 9 degrees by Sunday,

Trace amounts,or 1 to 3 cm.hilariously pathetic.
    Storm Emma not impacting us strongly either Thurs/Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

There must be a roof on west Waterford we're getting nothing and schools are open, really weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

About 5cm in Clontarf and a blizzard now. Road seems very glassy and treacherous.

Saw some clown out jogging, no hat no gloves

Text from work, office closed, bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Really blowing snow today, like something out of the arctic. Absolutely beautiful to see. Will put up pics shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Serious snow in cobh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

local birds are starving. The Blue Tits etc that are not ground feeders are on the ground picking up bits and attacking the fat balls cause the thug starlings prefer the feeder off the ground.

IfLFGJ9l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Heavy Flurry around Leeson Street right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

About 5cm in Clontarf and a blizzard now. Road seems very glassy and treacherous.

Saw some clown out jogging, no hat no gloves
    some tosser in castleknock with ski's ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

coconnellz wrote: »
    Met Eirrean are a joke Why didn't cavan receive any snow warnings not even an yellow or orange for snow when theirs 3 inches of the stuff on the ground in east cavan!

We got a yellow warming for Galway at 8.24 this morning, 15 mins after a huge blizzard started. Ridiculous. Can't believe there is nothing for Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Where's my coffee? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Tried to get to work at 7.55 but had to abandon car on unpassable hill here in Rochestown, South Cork city. Car will be there til Monday now. Estate is pretty much cut off already and radar has lots more to come shortly. Epic stuff

Sorry to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    some tosser in castleknock with ski's ffs

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Has the Isle of Man pretty much stopped potential of streamers hitting Bettystown ? They seem to be getting much bigger drops of snow around us but the Meath coast seems to be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sunflower3

Apologies if this was posted earlier but couldn't see it (its hard to keep up with all the warnings) A lot more counties on an orange warning for today and other counties on yellow (in addition to those on a red already). Issued at 8:14 / 8:24

STATUS ORANGE

Snow-ice Warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Offaly, Westmeath, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    Update
    Scattered heavy snow showers continuing today, tonight and tomorrow with further accumulations.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 08:14
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 06:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Donegal, Galway, Clare and Limerick
    Scattered heavy snow showers today, tonight, and tomorrow.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 08:24
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 08:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the guy at the coffee shack monday no snow whatsoever. needless to say i had the last laugh
    more snow in galway than whole winter so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I was supposed to drop the car in to the garage for a few hours in a Drogheda.

It doesn't look bad where I am now, if anything it's melting a bit. Is it suspected to get way worse his evening? I don't want the car getting trapped in there but wouldn't want to get the car trapped there this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement