Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

spookwoman wrote: »
    local birds are starving. The Blue Tits etc that are not ground feeders are on the ground picking up bits and attacking the fat balls cause the thug starlings prefer the feeder off the ground.

IfLFGJ9l.jpg

Amazing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

JosDel wrote: »

Not a whole lot going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grange, D13.

6WQc2Nj.jpg

MJbpShW.jpg

LcieqXR.jpg

j0eiOJK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

COMing down nicely now in Sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Legend
    Ha ha flying through the streets fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

BoatMad wrote: »
    Yes Wexford orsnge warning seems over the top , while inland counties should have been included

Do you live in Wexford ?

We got lashed out of it @ about 12am this morning.

The roads are like ice rinks and there is a lot more on the way this morning, before the main event which is the next 2 days.

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    some tosser in castleknock with ski's ffs

yeah and he and the joggers will clog A&E up in their spandex!! I hate fools like that trying to get people to look at them in awe and say WOW he/she's amazing, how committed, how athletic....tools!! explain a broken collar bone to the boss..."you were out jogging when????"":mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

STB. wrote: »
    Do you live in Wexford ?

We got lashed out of it @ about 12am this morning.

The roads are like ice rinks and there is a lot more on the way this morning, before the main event which is the next 2 days.

Place got only a dusting and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Does anyone know if birds will eat porridge oats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Exact same at my place , you saved me having to upload

Did you venture out in the jeep after ☺️

• Advertisement

On the way in to work in Galway and in parts the roads were quite dangerous, of course not a mention on any of the weather reports about it as the entire country only seems to care when Dublin is hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pussyhands wrote: »

Yes , they will indeed.

More snow starting to fall here now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes, they love it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

yes if its uncooked. Cooked and it can turn to concrete around their beaks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Another nice photo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Are AIB branches open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

there it is, was going to commute earlier today but just stayed and will work from home. stay safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Blizzard in Galway never forecast this

Yes they did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

View from my balcony this morning, North Dublin looking south over city and mountains in distance...
    26661279938_b0d592189c_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Quite intense snow last 15 mins in Greystones, streamers setting up nicely now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

pm2TZGdYj

3am this morning the colour was amazing, orange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

443355.jpg

20 mins of non stop heavy snow since i took that pic. Its amazing blizzard condtions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Coming down hard again in North Dublin. Stay safe anyone out in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sun trying to break out in Artane. It has failed with more snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

I woke up this morning to a slight dusting in North Wexford 150m asl. Thought getting to South Dublin for work would be grand, roads were in good condition. I reached Kilmacanouge and the 2/3 inches of snow and I noped out of there. Not getting caught in that later on.

Still only a dusting in Wexford, it's like a different world from what I saw this morning. Sun shining, even 200m asl here is only a dusting. Might change later as I hear we're due a red upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Heavy falls in Dublin 16 over night. Its crazy to think that the real snow event has not arrived yet :eek: If it continues in this vein it will easily surpass 2010. I was too young at the time to remember the fall of 82, but from what I have heard this looks like being a comparable event by the time all is said and done.

God help the poor people who were sleeping rough last night :( I can only hope there were no fatalities and that everyone homeless in Dublin will avail of proper facilities in the days ahead.

Snow falling continuously as I type this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

Beautiful blue skies here in Ballaghaderreen, no ice and no snow. The locals here are having a right laugh at the folks in Dublin freaking out at a wee bit of snow. We had the same "problems" here in the west in 2010 and there was not a word said about it in the media. We just got on with it....lol

Mind you, it may be a different story come Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

So far just a cm or two in Limerick city, but very dry powder, beautiful stuff. Wind was actually lifting it up again off roofs etc and blowing it around. Could be rather crazy if heavier stuff falls later. Only a couple showers so far really.

Not much disruption so far, no alerts and traffic and anecdotal evidence suggests most at work, school etc no problems. Looks like many left earlier this morning as doesn't look like people are that late either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

spookwoman wrote: »
    yes if its uncooked. Cooked and it can turn to concrete around their beaks

Stupid question but I don't have any feeders so if I throw some out in the garden covered in snow - is that any use to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Sun trying to break out in Artane. It has failed with more snow now.

Yep struggling here too at Grange, plenty of snow showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement