Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I would not be surprised to hear, of real blizzard like conditions in places, as blowing snow with quite a strong east wind picks up as the snow showers streamers pass through activitie starting to pick up again in the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Still just tiny little ice balls here in Dublin cc. Off college today so going to get a bit more sleep and get up for the big whack of snow that's on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep that's the bigger issue because it's due to snow on and off all day and accumulate (I think).
    Anyone in work might get stuck there.

Buses to be pulled off road after lunch on certain routes according to a chum who works for Dublin bus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Really bad on the southside of Cork city now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

GreeBo wrote: »
    Must be pretty cold! :pac:
    Mine were not far off when I was clearing the snow from the bird food :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Buses to be pulled off road after lunch on certain routes according to a chum who works for Dublin bus

No buses are even serving Lucan this morning. They're all bypassing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Patww79 wrote:

Plenty more due

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Rodg3 wrote: »
    Decent enough dusting here in Dublin 2. Was sorely disappointed this morning to wake up and see far less than expected, but I'm coming to terms with it!

xtb25SB.jpg
    07joDtf.jpg
    aRJ05JM.jpg

Sorely disappointed with this in ireland! We have such crazy expectations since 2010 hehe
    ( I was secretly disappointed hearing what kildare and dublin west got though, got same as you in D14:P) But still very pleased by how beautiful it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

PLL wrote: »
    What else can we leave them. I can see little ones looking for food. Worried for them.

Breadcrumbs. Break up some weetabix for example . They would def eat the oats . Some water if you can . Some birds love apples too , cut one in half .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Coming down heavy again in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Heavy in Cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Please remember the poor starving birds today! It is the end of a long winter for them and there is nothing left to eat.

If you can clear away a patch of snow or put some boards down and spread seed/etc on top of that, the ground feeders will love you. Also you have any way of putting out some water for them - they still need water to survive but it's hard when the usual sources are frozen over.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I spent 3 years living in Austria and to be honest I cannot beleive the amount of snow here in Kinsale. Amazed there is no red warning for south coast. Constant snow here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Daz_ wrote: »
    Breadcrumbs. Break up some weetabix for example . They would def eat the oats . Some water if you can . Some birds love apples too , cut one in half .
    Bread as no nutritional value to birds. soak it in lard and its great

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

gerrybhoy wrote: »

See if they know this now, they should tell people so they can start leaving now or those on way turn back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

buried wrote: »
    Sunshine breaking out now, snow flurrying about really lightly. Amazing scene, looks like something you'd see on nature documentaries.
    Deep S Roscommon

Deep Shit
    Deep Snow
    Deep South

Or all three :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Heavy in Cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

lads, totally gutted. nothing here in north cork. should I lose hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Patww79 wrote: »
    Was that it early then or is there more due?
    If your ankles are cold now,your town halls will be freezing later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This'll be fun.

443357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Burts Bee wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Red Warning for Dublin, but then your told you are Expected to get into Work.
    What's the point in these Warnings when no one takes heed of them:mad:
    (Not me but my daughter that lives up there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Patww79 wrote: »

You tell us. You were confident in your forecast yesterday of **** all snow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Please remember the poor starving birds today! It is the end of a long winter for them and there is nothing left to eat.

If you can clear away a patch of snow or put some boards down and spread seed/etc on top of that, the ground feeders will love you. Also you have any way of putting out some water for them - they still need water to survive but it's hard when the usual sources are frozen over.

+1

Crows are so clever though. Watched a lad eating/drinking snow. Cleverest of the birds, those lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Where in ireland has the highest accumulation right now? Parts of kildare?
    Im also surprised by how widespread it is, cork seems to be stealing the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Hi all!
    Got 4 inches in Monasterevin last night. Wasn't expecting that but hopefully more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Burts Bee wrote: »

Nothing snow wise here either,think its Thursday night/Friday when we are due to join the party

• Registered Users Posts: 31,930 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

km79 wrote: »
    roads already lethal in East Galway. Not looking forward to next 72 hours

I gotta go tuam to shrule later. Will those back roads be rough you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

leahyl wrote: »
    Very bad in Cork I’d say, can’t see out, but I deal with college students and they saying it’s shocking out there, lectures gonna be cancelled for some anyway cos people can’t get in

Delighted Cork city got snow! Nothing at all here in north Cork ☹

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement