Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Got 4 inches in Monasterevin last night. Wasn't expecting that but hopefully more to come.

Matron.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Hi all!
    Got 4 inches in Monasterevin last night. Wasn't expecting that but hopefully more to come.
    Ooohhh Matron. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just tried to get the car out of the estate, lots of compacted snow, RWD so gave up. Was only going to end one way. Work will have to do without me today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I was supposed to drop the car in to the garage for a few hours in a Drogheda.

It doesn't look bad where I am now, if anything it's melting a bit. Is it suspected to get way worse his evening? I don't want the car getting trapped in there but wouldn't want to get the car trapped there this evening.

Drogheda grand now if you get in early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Hi all!
    Once it warms up it might get a bit bigger...bless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I gotta go tuam to shrule later. Will those back roads be rough you think?

Take it handy and you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Ryan turbridy on RTE RADIO 1 worried about his guest list for friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

On the banks of the Royal Canal. Unfiltered. Snow is deeper than what it seems here. It’s a well- trodden path.

6417_E65_D-6_F3_D-4_D42-_B9_BA-_A6_F8_CA6_B100_E.jpg

00_B42874-_C5_A2-44_F1-_BDEA-_B7_AAEF0_C9_D57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Blizzard , very poor visibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I gotta go tuam to shrule later. Will those back roads be rough you think?

Just did mayo to galway city. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Hi all!

And how much snow did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nightmare trying to dig out the cars

377_E83_EC_D4_FA_4_C7_E_95_BC_F90_D286_F805_F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Depending on where you are located. I have measured over 6 inches of snow in a yellow alert area.
    Reati wrote: »
    Fine. In 24hrs and 48hrs I'll reply and it'll still have been an overblown warning that was never in the league of a red alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Drove from Drumcondra to Airside, Swords, the N1 coming out of the city was letal, M50/1 was a bit better but hadn't been ploughed, Airside was a disaster not helped by people flooring it in first gear. People really don't know how to drive in snow, put the car in second and let the car roll, trying to drive fast will only make your journey slower

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lillielad

_Dara_ wrote: »
    On the banks of the Royal Canal. Unfiltered. Snow is deeper than what it seems here. It’s a well- trodden path.

6417_E65_D-6_F3_D-4_D42-_B9_BA-_A6_F8_CA6_B100_E.jpg

00_B42874-_C5_A2-44_F1-_BDEA-_B7_AAEF0_C9_D57.jpg

Read that in Luke Kelly's voice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Nothing snow wise here either,think its Thursday night/Friday when we are due to join the party

Yes, then met says it'll turn to rain on saturday. Why oh why do I invest myself in these things?!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Would it be foolish to book a flight from London to Dublin for late Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not weather related (at least somewhat not in this case) but at the same time of the snow occurring, the UK has had its second significant earthquake this morning. This season keeps on being amazing and fascinating!

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/968778620004048896

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Am I the only one that can't manage to build a Snowman with this snow powder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

7 inches in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Large icicles are forming. Soon I'll be able to snap one off and do my Jedi impression again. I'm just a big child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm staying put. I have never driven in snow like this before, and It's an awkward walk. Besides, It's a good opportunity to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

My back garden

My Buddha statue has become the Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

Hi all!

Be the hokey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Knine wrote: »
    Am I the only one that can't manage to build a Snowman with this snow powder?

Yes, terrible snow for snowballs. Thinking of using a bucket later and build a snowman using (sort-of) blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can see Phoenix Park from my apartment, and man does it look pretty this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Area around Griffith avenue Gracepark Road in Drumcondra is a disaster. Cars sliding everywhere and mental kids sledding on the flipping roads including into blind corners. Bakery opened at 9, queue out the door at 902 :) everyone saying they had planned for 2 days snow now planning for 4-5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Heavy snow and graupel and strong winds. Blizzard like here in D5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

_Dara_ wrote: »

Janey - we're neighbours, _Dara_ ! Love the canal but days like this, it beats banagher...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement