Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Knine wrote: »
    Am I the only one that can't manage to build a Snowman with this snow powder?

The effort by the kids was deeply pathetic. A pile of snow with 3 lumps of coal and a scarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

lillielad wrote: »
    Read that in Luke Kelly's voice:D

YUSS! That was the intention! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think Met Éireann have done a great job. I can't really comment on RTÉ as I haven't noticed them hyping it up too much. Certainly the reporting in the 9 o'clock news last night was balanced.

Weather forecasting is a very difficult thing to do in Ireland.

Anyway, there is a good bit more snow expected today. Places in Leinster away from the immediate coast could see 10cm. But it will be localized. For instance, last night areas near Lucan got 15cm, whereas Arklow got none. Expect somewhere between 2cm and 20cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

No sign of my two final year project students yet. Likely will get a text from them at 1ish when I'm grabbing a bite to eat 'where are you?'

The university is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Villain wrote: »
    Hiram looks very tasty for Thursday Night into Friday
    443361.png

Full model: http://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/vejrkort/

Sorry to post here but other forum is mad. Are we looking at much more snow for Dublin on Thursday and Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

GFS rolling out now. Says moderate/heavy snow spreading down the East coast, and continuous feed of shows further inland, maybe as far as Galway. South coast to get another bite of the cherry tonight.

Cherry, is this due to a change in the wind direct to more of a SE? Im in South Tipp and the orientation of the streamers is all wrong for us here. They are passing too far to the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Knine wrote: »
    Am I the only one that can't manage to build a Snowman with this snow powder?

Partly explains why so much fell. Very dry snow and graupel, rather than wet snow. Expands a lot more than the usual shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Heroditas wrote: »
    No buses are even serving Lucan this morning. They're all bypassing it.
    They finally learned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The updated forecast from Met Eireann doesn't sound as severe now - accumulations MAY be significant in SOME places :( It doesn't even state areas - they must be very uncertain still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

wakka12 wrote: »
    Where in ireland has the highest accumulation right now? Parts of kildare?
    Im also surprised by how widespread it is, cork seems to be stealing the show

South of Cork getting a right pasting along the coast. Carrigaline, Kinsale, Courtmacsherry, Clonakilty seems to be constantly under a heavy band of snow. Funny to see all bands of snow skim along the coast, some hitting the city.

40490039592_ca8ec02aab_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

YFlyer wrote: »
    No sign of my two final year project students yet. Likely will get a text from them at 1ish when I'm grabbing a bite to eat 'where are you?'

The university is open.

Which university is that? I heard Trinity was open alright. UCD is closed both today and tomorrow at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Left our place (just up off Turners Cross) at 8.30. Took 35 minutes to make the 3 minute journey to Summerhill South. North side roads so much clearer it's unbelievable but the south side is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Not as much as a flake here in Louth this morning ... just a little dust on the car from last night ... kids are disgusted .. as school is closed and no snow !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Yes, then met says it'll turn to rain on saturday. Why oh why do I invest myself in these things?!

Then you will have lads going around the weekend saying that it was a thing of nothing and it was all hype by the media

Same fellas would be giving out then if it does snow heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Merchants road Galway city 28/02/18 light snow temp 2℃ real feel -6℃
    IMAG3079_zpsy6lvami9.jpg
    2IMAG3078_zps09cixj7y.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's gotten very grey in Monasterevin now, and has started snowing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Doltanian wrote: »
    Any chance of it snowing here in Kerry today?

Unlikely i would think .. our best bet would be Thursday night into Friday but think it will be more of a sleet/rain event

prectypeuktopo.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Rain for Kerry and parts of Cork, east and midlands snow, West and North west dry with scattered and isolated showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

How deep is your snow?

https://youtu.be/HpRiMAD9L0M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A nice blast in Dublin City Centre just there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

DSC_1070.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice fetch there for the showers heading for Dublin/Wicklow

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/968786028076126208

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Aspiring wrote: »
    Which university is that? I heard Trinity was open alright. UCD is closed both today and tomorrow at least.

University of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

whippet wrote: »
    Not as much as a flake here in Louth this morning ... just a little dust on the car from last night ... kids are disgusted .. as school is closed and no snow !!

WHAT??? 2" outside Louth Village...talk about localised.Thats unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

South of Cork getting a right pasting along the coast. Carrigaline, Kinsale, Courtmacsherry, Clonakilty seems to be constantly under a heavy band of snow. Funny to see all bands of snow skim along the coast, some hitting the city.

And yet it remains an orange warning here. Employers here are saying that employees must take a day’s annual leave as it is not a red warning. Crazy stuff - I’ve never seen so much snow here in Kinsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My local Lidl must have gotten a delivery late last night,at 1 am the staff were unloading pallets and stocking shelves.I was tempted to knock on the door for the craic and ask if they had any bread. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Only a dusting here in Letterkenny but I wasn't expecting anything so happy enough. More on higher parts of the town. Super powdery. It's cold as f*** though out there in strong winds. Seems to snowing across the water now. We live in hope. Enjoy the snowy goodness my southern brethren.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement