Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Madness in Ballyfermot. All the snow we messed with this morning in the garden is now fresh again. So much snow falling 😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Whiteout in virginia snowing very heavy and drifting i can't believe their is still no warning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fresh snow now pelting down in D16. The local kids were all out at 9am and back indoors by 9:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I can see CBs to my east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭adam240610

Doesn't look like Wicklow will be seeing much for a while with these more easterly winds. Most showers look to be going directly towards dublin atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Snow really accumulating here in rural Kinsale. Just measured 10cm on top of car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

What are the conditions like around Durrow in Co. Laois?

I need to travel there later on this evening for a match.

Are pitches playable there?

TIA

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What's the prognosis for the next few hours? Is this the start of the streamers and what intensity are they going to get to? My missus is working Dublin 2 since 5:30am and due to leave at 2pm, but I've been telling her she may need to leave early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BullBauld

pad199207 wrote: »
    Nightmare trying to dig out the cars

377_E83_EC_D4_FA_4_C7_E_95_BC_F90_D286_F805_F.jpg

You lucky lucky bas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

If people don't have their location under their name could you please state where you are in the post thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Nearly 7 inches of snow here in west Wicklow. Some more flurries again this morning. It will be interesting to see how much more we get before this is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Storm orphelia I could agree with

This no, why shouldn't families be walking around?

I presume some of these people have to drive to get to the shopping centre - not ideal conditions for driving.

A light scattering in North county Galway around 8.30am this morning, snowed for about 30 mins but was very light particles.

Sunny blue skies now, still cold, car says -3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Definitely more of a change to easterly than a north-easterly happening now , north Kildare/Dublin should do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

D9Male wrote: »
    Where are you?

I am in the IFSC in Dublin 1, and it has been snowing on and off since 9am. Sometimes it has been moderate, but mainly light.

Kildare/ Wicklow border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blinding whiteout in Naas now.Blowing Snow is spectacular! -3c

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jimmy G M wrote: »
    What are the conditions like around Durrow in Co. Laois?

I need to travel there later on this evening for a match.

Are pitches playable there?

TIA

Bad id say, its 6-7 inches deep here in Monasterevin so id imagine Durrow are getting similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Don't think you should travel.Pelting down now here in Portlaoise.We got about 13 cm last night alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Walked to the shop there, even that was a struggle. At least 10-15cm here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Moderate snow with wind in Kilcock now. Its been snowing on and off now for a good hour but this is the heaviest I've seen and the wind really makes it feel worse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally some proper snow here in Dunshaughlin, but we've got off very lightly compared to elsewhere because of the IOM Shadow. About 2 to 3 inches on the ground and light graupel falling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Took this a few mins ago in Laois...

105zg2v.jpg

Still coming down heavily too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting bad in the Naas Area again now

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

According to my estimations most of 23cms(9inches) fell roughly between 11PM and 5:30AM, trip to work took only 15 minutes more then usual which is bizarre, a truly epic 3-4 days ahead in Wicklow hills that can possibly rival most of the records from 20th century as regards to snowfall totals, it is just unreal, I hope you guys get your fair share of snow later too

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Still nothing above a dusting in North Wexford, same stuff has been on the ground since 11pm last night. Actually quite pleasant, light snow falling in the sun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

More on the way for the next few hours.

majayf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Near Dunshaughlin a few minutes ago. It lasted 15 minutes and ended with heavy hail

Found an old video I'd delisted on youtube from Ratoath in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

About 11cm on the level here in Maynooth now, drifts upwards of 25cm and still coming down heavy!

Mostly powder and snow grains rather than flakes but still accumulating nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

Bucketing down 10km north of Kilcock, thunder and lightening too...hopefully some thundersnow on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Went from Laos to IFSC this morning to grab a laptop so I can work from home... Just sitting on a train leaving Dublin now... Glad to be on it, I assume even the trains are going to have issues later if it gets much worse even before the main event hits...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement