Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

sdanseo wrote: »
    Should be prosecuted and banned from driving, and seperately have the key thrown away for endangering emergency services.

Absolute and utter idiots.

Same with people driving around and couldn't be arsed scraping the snow off their windscreens first

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Audrey with the red dress for the red warning on RTE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Try_harder wrote: »
    In Tabbagons 'R Us, in the Taboggan quarter!

We used to use plastic fertiliser bags when we were young
    /sips Barry's Tea wistfully....

That's an idea... Although I wouldn't like to hit a bump with only a bag between the ground and my backside 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Have to get to work tomorrow night (midwife) usually takes 15 min drive to get to work (Dublin) or else a 25 min walk.. have to be in work for 8pm, considering the weather warning would I be safer to drive or walk do ya think?

Will be returning home around 8am Fri morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

UK Met office have a very much higher standard for red warnings and they have issued red for Scotland tonight. Very rare.

(Not associated with Emma but with volume from the streamers).

9b2a4cfa38663519de83a17fe65bbe13.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Owryan wrote: »
    Same with people driving around and couldn't be arsed scraping the snow off their windscreens first
    Or turning their lights on. Lots of tail gating as well about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

lol

443422.JPG

Sister sent me this!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Only a Yellow warning issued for Cavan yesterday but we got way more than we bargained for

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We've had snow on and off since yesterday afternoon here in Carlow. Broadband services are down since last night and mobile signal is up and down.

Got about a foot and a half in total. I cleared the car this morning to try and go to work but i couldn't get out the driveway.

When the sun is out its melting a bit but the wind then picks up and its freezing again. Attached pic is from my car if it uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I had always pinpointed Wednesday afternoon to be poor for activity in Dublin. A direct Easterly is no good for Dublin and Wicklow. Wonder will what is exiting Wales in the next while pep up, as nothing Irish sea created will pop up in lee of Anglessy for Dublin.

There is a lot of strength in that sun. No prolonged spells yet but cloud is breaking up and there's definitely thawing starting to begin. Winds are pretty locked in this direction till early hours tonight - hopefully we see something else before the front tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Just watching the RTE news and weather. It seems that storm Emma is going to make landfall at about 4pm tomorrow where it will clash with the polar vortex currently over us, very strong winds with blizzards for almost 24 hours... the weather systems colliding over us.. it could almost.... be... a .....PERFECT STORM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Met eireann massively ramping up the snow accumulations from 4pm tomorrow until midday on Friday for Leinster and Munster. Massive snowfall expected and people not to be outdoors. For people experiencing any thaw right now, don’t think that will be for too long.

So much for the eagle and his rain prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Lot of melt today on surfaces despite the temperature currently at -0.1c. Hopefully more to come in West Clare.
    We're getting it coming down quite heavy in Kinvara - it's probably coming your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Snow all day here :)
    Time to go back to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Patiently waiting here in Mayo for the snow. Hoping that tomorrow and Friday will bring the showers to the West. All weve got so far is tiny snow particles floating in the breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

They can TELL you to go home but they can’t keep you inside. So shup the whinging.

Thank you very much but if I want to go out after 4pm tomorrow, I will and what's more I'll take responsibility for myself unlike a lot of 'snowflakers' we've bred in this country in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

First flurry of snow has arrived in North Co. Cork near Mallow. 2.9c with intermittent sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Audrea is the finest thing since sliced bread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

morgana wrote: »
    First flurry of snow has arrived in North Co. Cork near Mallow. 2.9c with intermittent sun :)

Yep just had a nice shower. Seems a few more on the way with the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

long_b wrote: »
    Over a foot fell in The Curragh. Melting in the sun.

Have only lost 3 cm due to the slight thaw,, sun has passed its highest point so you will see less of any thaw and things will start to freeze hard.
    I am on the curragh also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I wish this sun would **** off...melting all my snow and no sign of any fresh snow falls all heading in wrong direction..big thaw on now even with it being-1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gerarld Fleming on de liveeeline now with Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Thank you very much but if I want to go out after 4pm tomorrow, I will and what's more I'll take responsibility for myself unlike a lot of 'snowflakers' we've bred in this country in recent years.

Right. Just right the guy referred to in post 7822.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Literally nobody is stopping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

Medium snowfall in Roscommon now. Temp -2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Some clear paths in Ranelagh with the thaw....then again 4" a couple of feet away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

RuthieRose wrote: »
    :) To funny not to share!!

Re: Send Bread image.

My OCD is kicking in. Why did they not capitalise the r when they capitalised every other letter??? Arrgghhh!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Still lovely and sunny in cork city.......snow almost all gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Literally nobody is stopping you.

Well maybe, someone should have a word with government spokespeople then and advise them to temper their advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

No one gives a flying **** what you do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement