Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Roches point reporting freezing rain -3. Strange one. It it automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So can i ask what have been the snow depths totals so far? Has anyone recorded 25cms of snow at lower levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I never knew there was a place called virginia in ireland before this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Thank you very much but if I want to go out after 4pm tomorrow, I will and what's more I'll take responsibility for myself unlike a lot of 'snowflakers' we've bred in this country in recent years.

Is anyone else getting tired of this ‘snowflake’ discourse? My father, who was a truck driver and certainly no ‘snowflake’, jackknifed his truck during the snow of 1982. It is perfectly sensible for Met Eireann to provide these warnings and minimize the risk of life and limb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I had around 15cm in Dublin 5 on the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

wakka12 wrote: »

Probably the most amazing fact of this thread so far you have never heard of Virginia 😱

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

RITE BACK ON TOPIC OF THE WEATHER , IM SURE THERE IS A POLITICS FORUM ON BOARDS TO GIVE OUT ABOUT OUR MIGHTY LEADERS THERE IS ALSO A WORK AND JOBS SECTION TO GIVE OUT ABOUT YOUR BOSS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Never mind the apocalyptic snow the main surprise of this cold spell for me has been learning how people on the east coast pronounce 'Briquettes'..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Looks like we can expect a huge baby boom in Leinster and Munster in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I measured about 14cm here in dublin 5. Not much of a thaw really. Will be interesting to see what this big snow event tomorrow produces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Pangea wrote: »
    Never mind the apocalyptic snow the main surprise of this cold spell for me has been learning how people on the east coast pronounce 'Briquettes'..

Are you trying to tell me that you pronounce it like Brickets or something!!

Its Brick...ettes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

After a heavy dumping all day, it looks like that’s that for the south-east today based on the radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

CCTV footage of dealers caught in action in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I had around 15cm in Dublin 5 on the grass.

That's what she said!

Anyway, big thaw. Driveway clearing. Car now no longer has snow on it. Feck off sun, just until Sunday! Then I want scorching temps! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Probably the most amazing fact of this thread so far you have never heard of Virginia 😱

I'm with Wakka lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Gerarld Fleming on de liveeeline now with Joe.

Any winks for the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

wakka12 wrote: »

Its like one of the main bits of Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Any expert opinion on conditions early tomorrow morning after what's predicted tonight? Have a 7am flight from DUB airport and trying to assess if tomorrow will be worse than today (tonnes of flights cancelled today).
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Thank you very much but if I want to go out after 4pm tomorrow, I will and what's more I'll take responsibility for myself unlike a lot of 'snowflakers' we've bred in this country in recent years.

Well that clearly went over your head. No one is stopping you jaysis

Any expert opinion on conditions early tomorrow morning after what's predicted tonight? Have a 7am flight from DUB airport and trying to assess if tomorrow will be worse than today (tonnes of flights cancelled today).
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Calibos wrote: »
    Are you trying to tell me that you pronounce it like Brickets or something!!

Its Brick...ettes!!

I'm singing from your hymn sheet, I heard Dubliners saying 'Brickets', had to think for a minute what where they talking about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Should be a good bit of moisture coming off Anglesea shortly, enough to get showers going for Dublin despite the short fetch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

MrMischief wrote: »
    Thanks

Probably no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Calibos wrote: »
    Re: Send Bread image.

My OCD is kicking in. Why did they not capitalise the r when they capitalised every other letter??? Arrgghhh!!! :D

jUSt TO aNnoy U :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thanks

ME have been saying that Thursday will be the worst day all week - blizzard like conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

gazzer wrote: »
    Is Virginia that bad? Lots of people in my job here in Cavan town drive through Virginia on the way home.

Yeah pretty bad theirs about 4 inches of snow on the ground in virginia

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Irish sea finally coming back to life, wind perhaps swinging slightly back in favour of Dublin region shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭molly dolly

We live in wicklow foothills. Couldn't get cars out of driveway which is on a fun gradient. But himself walked to mainn road and got a lift into work which was 6 kms away. I got picked up, will have a 4 x 4 on way home. We'd some important stuff to sort - won't stay late.

Once I got down to a lower level though its a different world.

I 'd certainly take any warnings very seriously for tomorrow and am far from a snowflake but I'm not going to endanger my own life or property. Dads cancelled his operation for tomorrow. Hospital were fine. Think my work is going to call it and close. Hope himself workplace do likewise.

Thanks

ME have been saying that Thursday will be the worst day all week - blizzard like conditions.
    Isn't that afternoon though? I'm guessing if there isn't much snowfall tonight then the airport should be ok for a few hours early in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Pangea wrote: »
    I'm singing from your hymn sheet, I heard Dubliners saying 'Brickets', had to think for a minute what where they talking about :)

I have lived in Dublin and Wicklow all my life and have never heard that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement