Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Loads of snow in Athy. Had a clear spell at lunch so threw the drone up.
    Had a mad scramble to bring it back when it started belting down again...
    28337248_10157089814467538_2652745010059545894_o.jpg?oh=60990f9a09232bde140026f643ebf529&oe=5B104CFA

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

lubie76 wrote: »
    Really battering down in Sligo town now at last - was only sparse showers between sunshine all morning..

And has stopped again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Think cork is getting some White gold soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

LOL :). Some counties are fairly big and have a range of topography/climate type so for example Wicklow could be split into coastal Wicklow, highland Wicklow and western Wicklow,.

Would be an actual Science based way of giving warnings instead of based on how the country was divided into counties a few hundred years which does not work as I've outlined already.

Would add subtelty to the warning system that more accuratly reflects what's happening on the ground.

So something like Parishes..Damn I don't even know the parish I live in...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Mayo 4 Snow

181 MO SNOW

Feck the all Ireland. Give us some sneachta!!

Decent shower in Claremorris at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

0.2/-6.7C. Mostly cloudy with some sun. D11.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Good bita life in the Irish Sea, yipee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

expecting better ppn rates as the evening draws in - the evening/night always brings better contrasts imo. Thaw here restricted to roads and roofs, still have 5cm in front garden (40/50 metres asl Dalkey).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Reati wrote: »
    Might have to drive over to Carlow to see it. How's Killeshin looking?

People getting stuck on hill trying to drive up earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Isnt it just great

Whole winter of weather warnings here in W Kerry

And now that I want one .....Nothing

Gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Good bita life in the Irish Sea, yipee

Louth looking like it is going to get continually hammered over the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

degsie wrote: »
    It's a long old walk from Beavertown to Muff...

One might get lost and end up in Termonfecin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Flow is mainy due east now but think there may be a slight ENE component now

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Frasier

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Think cork is getting some White gold soon

Out by Riverstick and got a LOT since yesterday evening - best snow I've seem in years - very soft and high (****e for snowmen though!!).

Failed to get car up a small incline to get onto road last night. Didn't even try today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Villain wrote: »
    People getting stuck on hill trying to drive up earlier!

Was living there for the last big snow. Was funny stuff to watch cars trying to get up to where the Mary statue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

South Dublin in line for any action later ? My phone says yes, but as told in thread it's not the most accurate guide

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

so the "beast from the east" is now a balloon dog in the whest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

weisses wrote: »
    Isnt it just great

Whole winter of weather warnings here in W Kerry

And now that I want one .....Nothing

Gutted

Patience. A bit of the auld ag cur sneachta just now out in Corca Dhuibhne. Locals saying we'll get it tonight. I've my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

We had a sprinkling of snow earlier, only light stuff, but still more than I anticipated. Please send any excess snow to sw kerry please :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

South Dublin in line for any action later ? My phone says yes, but as told in thread it's not the most accurate guide

On the radar looks like some on way in half hour or so.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

Someone heard me, its snowing again yay!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

trellheim wrote: »
    snowing heavily London EC2

Just out of a meeting with a good view over the city. You could see the streamers coming in from the (south?) east pretty well. It looks like they're juuuust about reaching down from the north into the city, but very scattered and patchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

On the radar looks like some on way in half hour or so.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

This has made me happy thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Any guidance on whether Dublin will get more snow from streamers later? I though by MT’s forecast we’d have more by now, maybe I’m wrong?

Dublin central and south will be relying on imports from the UK till much later when the wind looks like it may veer back a little ENE (possibly after midnight however). Some showers coming in now and hopefully they can grow a little and gain more strength, should arrive within the next hour. Some of the forecasts for this afternoon did not factor in that much of Dublin is impacted by the shorter sea track. The day is young however so let's up for a change in wind direction.

The precipitation approaching Dublin central not looking great anymore - not gaining any strength since passing over Anglesey. North of the m50 looks like it has a better chance as showers heading towards those areas are building.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

This has made me happy thanks

If they fall they probably won’t be as prolonged, we’ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Naas this morning

998_B5_B62_8977_44_A7_B88_C_9_D6_B72_A8_C906.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I've advanced on to becoming an extreme Saddo radar watcher.

Spotted some showers leaving the Manchester area and reckon they will advance into the Irish sea and reload into monster shower clouds by the time they reach here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blizzard like conditions in Castlebar, came out of nowhere in a strong SE breeze.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The first red warning for snow in the UK was 18 January 2013 from what I know.

I`m only going by what was stated on Sky News.What part of the UK was that? Maybe this is the first for Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Does anybody know why bread sold out? Why bread? There must be at least 15 million sliced pans just sitting around houses countrywide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement