Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

East coast should be getting topped up in the next half hour / hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Totally unexpected snow showers in Sligo now...quite heavy and even sticking.
    Wasn't expecting that.

Tomorrow might just get interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

Temp seems to have dropped a bit in Dub 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Xenji wrote:
    Blizzard like conditions in Castlebar, came out of nowhere in a strong SE breeze.

It has landed in Westport also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

heavy enough shower approaching Howth on latest radar. Should be some action for S Dublin too. Think anything significant may occur later on after dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I`m only going by what was stated on Sky News.What part of the UK was that? Maybe this the first for Scotland.

9kIoQt9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy enough snow shower is just about to hit cork city it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I`m only going by what was stated on Sky News.What part of the UK was that? Maybe this is the first for Scotland.

South Wales if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

No snow (worth talking about, just the very odd flurry) in D18 all day, a lot of melt on the roads. Hoping for more later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Does anybody know why bread sold out? Why bread? There must be at least 15 million sliced pans just sitting around houses countrywide.

I picked up 8 cans, I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Heavy snow shower has started in the last few minutes here in rural Kinsale. Wind has picked up too so looks like a blizzard. We had just over 6 inches of snow last night and this morning (measured with a measuring tape!). There was some thawing during the day but this shower looks like it is going to replace what went missing.

All the talk about red being overstated for Dublin today: To be honest, it should have been red for the South Cork coastline from Roches Point along to Kinsale and on to Clonakilty (and as far inland as Bandon). Roads were (and are) impassable here with many trucks jackknifing and cars being pushed. Problem is Cork is a big county and weather warnings are done county by county. I’d agree with earlier poster who argued that some way of differentiating areas in counties would be helpful. County by county warnings are too blunt but perhaps easy to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Here we go the snow shower has started in cork, should hopefully top up the slightly thawed out snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Does anybody know why bread sold out? Why bread? There must be at least 15 million sliced pans just sitting around houses countrywide.

Have you never had a craving for a slice of toast when show falls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Here we go the snow shower has started in cork, should hopefully top up the slightly thawed out snow!

Serious stuff falling in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Artane2002 wrote: »
    South Wales if I remember correctly.
    wales in 2013
    there was also a red warning in 2009 london area https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/guide/weather/warnings-case-studies/snow-warning-red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

a good few cm more about to fall in Cork city!😚

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pipe insulation (that's all some bread is fit for!) :D

Waterford is basking in warm sun (well if you filter out the wind) and there is a melt on. Showers have become rather fitful and very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Never mind bread,milk,taboggans. I need a motion sensor connected to a speaker that shouts "Shut the door". The kids must think they have self closing doors on the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any more snow expected for Dublin today? I don’t want it to thaw out completely :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sryanbruen wrote: »
    9kIoQt9.jpg

tbf syran that looks more orange than red no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Never mind bread,milk,taboggans. I need a motion sensor connected to a speaker that shouts "Shut the door". The kids must think they have self closing doors on the house.
    Try living with cats, can't keep a door shut with the buggers and once a door is shut they want to go upstairs or if in the hall they want to come in. They need a personal butler... what am i saying they already have one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Best post on this thread :D

My favorite when ours leave the lights on is

"It's like bloody Las Vegas in this house":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

pilly wrote: »
    tbf syran that looks more orange than red no?

Look at the area towards southeast Wales, that is red.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nothing here yet but sky is dark, I expect it is imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Any more snow expected for Dublin today? I don’t want it to thaw out completely :(

Yes, it won’t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Taken a bit of time for the showers to build again after the wind shifted direction but activity starting to pep up again out at sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Should be inbound for north Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm starting to think there's some secret meme going around instagram or something and gangs of people are going in and buying €50 worth of bread for the lulz.
    Local Supervalu had fully stocked their shelves this morning (they put it on facebook), and the bread aisle was half empty by 11 o clock. What's odd is that there was still plenty of fresh bread.

Still thawing gently here in D16, the mound on the garden table has definitely diminished by a cm or two, but definitely not going anywhere before sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Lads ... Im getting outside again with a pint ....Lovely sunny day :D

W Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Because in the event the snow doesn't appear, they can crumble all the stale bread, spray it all over the garden build little bread men.

Afterwards, each person can have a nice refreshing gallon of milk to wind down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement