Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

so far its been small enough flakes, hoping they get a bit larger so they will be able to stick better!

thats the starter. the entre is 5 mins away on netweather radar. nice bit of red in it too (medium rare entre)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

General thoughts on expected driving conditions in South Dublin / North Wicklow tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Proper snow in Castlebar, thick and sticking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Snowing again in Sublin 15 now. We have had a good lash of it. Interested to see what the morning will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Kinsale about to get a very heavy shower according to netweather's radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Light snow has begun at Grange after a 2-3 hour lull.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Beautiful conditions in Kilkenny for the last hour or so.

A nice prolonged snowfall just come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Nothing at all in Wicklow again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Very dark skies coming into the east now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I was a bit sceptical about anything coming across from Wales in the due Easterly despite our Greystones friend describing the towering Cumulus over Bray but I'll be damned, Light shower of Mixed Graupel and Fluffy flakes falling on my Velux caught my attention so popped my head out and theres a big shower just off the seafront with either Bray or Greystones name on it. Very ominous looking and dumping a load over the flat sea just off the Seafront. Just popping up out of nowhere on the Radar returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭portach king

Even the high command in Europa say 'pray for Leinster' (and that wee busy road bit in Scotland).
    Santa Claus man up in Northern Santaworld is also having a bad time.

qJYWarw.png

This is a confusing chart for me. I'm unfamiliar with it. What exactly does it indicate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Snow starting in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

adam240610 wrote: »
    Kinsale about to get a very heavy shower according to netweather's radar

Can confirm it has gone very grey outside and looks like it’s going to bucket it down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

I want to move to D 15

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Calibos wrote: »
    I was a bit sceptical about anything coming across from Wales in the due Easterly despite our Greystones friend describing the towering Cumulus over Bray but I'll be damned, Light shower of Mixed Graupel and Fluffy flakes falling on my Velux caught my attention so popped my head out and theres a big shower just off the seafront with either Bray or Greystones name on it. Very ominous looking and dumping a load over the flat sea just off the Seafront. Just popping up out of nowhere on the Radar returns.
    A kilometer or so North of me, dammit haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

revelman wrote: »
    Can confirm it has gone very grey outside and looks like it’s going to bucket it down again.

Getting heavier and so cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This is a confusing chart for me. I'm unfamiliar with it. What exactly does it indicate?

Weather warnings in the EU. If you move your mouse over the coloured areas it will give you an indication as to the warning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Took this photo just this second out living room window. Snow shower in last hour has replaced some of thawed snow. We still have several inches of snow here and I hear from my brother 15 miles up the road in Cork city that they have nada!

Same here. We had some heavy showers which gave a good covering this morning but it has nearly all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Could well be thundersnow with this one or tonight’s showers

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Genuinely surprised to hear that Cork City is only kicking out again now. Snowing here in East Cork for the last hour.

Much lying snow in the city? About 15cm here I reckon (roof of car measurement).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had a few light attempts here

Come on beast lets be having you

In fairness the sun is hardly splitting the stones. ****ing freezing out there.

I was sitting in my car for a half hour earlier chatting to a buddy and had to move the car into the shade, it was baking in on top of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

hefty enough shower approaching Dublin bay. More to the over howth/north dublin. Expecting a brief but heavy burst in a short while. Very windy, if the wind had been half of what it was I would have at least x2 snow but happy so far and can't complain with my coastal 5/6cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Snowing steadily for the last hour in Tipperary.

Wrap up well folks and stay safe on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/

It is on the Met Eireann website but thought I would link it here to avoid confusion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Took this photo just this second out living room window. Snow shower in last hour has replaced some of thawed snow. We still have several inches of snow here and I hear from my brother 15 miles up the road in Cork city that they have nada!

Same here. We had some heavy showers which gave a good covering this morning but it has nearly all gone now.
    I'm in Cork city and getting absolutely smeshed by snow over the last 30 minutes. All of the thaw pretty much covered over already.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭portach king

red_bairn wrote: »
    http://www.meteoalarm.eu/

It is on the Met Eireann website but thought I would link it here to avoid confusion. :D

Sound! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

South Dublin, you're up again in around 20 mins. Looks like a very heavy shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I was sitting in my car for a half hour earlier chatting to a buddy and had to move the car into the shade, it was baking in on top of us.

Ya sun is very warm this time of year. Thawing fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Even the high command in Europa say 'pray for Leinster' (and that wee busy road bit in Scotland).
    Santa Claus man up in Northern Santaworld is also having a bad time.

Isn't that just the Meteoalarm system that Met Eireann's own warnings feed directly into?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement