Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Looks like the most active part of that shower will hit city centre to blackrock. Looks ominous over the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nice bit of snow in Ballina now for the last 40 mins or so. Small flakes but sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Drove from Athlone on the M6 at lunch time. One lane kinda free on both sides. Traffic moving along around 60kmh. But that was too feckin slow for some knobs

This lad had a wobble and was very close to hitting the pickup on the way past

The heavier vehicles are probably fine on those lanes on motorways, or at least the drivers think they are (there's a sense that a heavier vehicle has more traction, which is generally true, but it also is harder to stop!), the Merc driver is just being a typical fancy car driver though, arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Jaysus this thread is moving quickly! Posted earlier but don't think anyone made a reply so just to ask again in case anyone can advise, what are the expected driving conditions for tomorrow going to be? (around South Dublin / North Wicklow)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Patient!
    Yep, you have to be patient when it comes to snow but a bit annoying how snow is being reported to my north, east, South and West while I'm getting nothing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Netweather is forecasting snow all the way up to Sunday evening in Dublin... any merit to it?

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/7-day/31739~Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Central Munster started off very slow but a change in wind direction is feeding in more and more shower off the English Channel. Some nice flurries in the last few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Bishopstown in Cork has been going between medium and heavy for past 35/40 minutes.

Snow did its job anyway, work off for the next 2 days ( paid, thankfully no leave required ).

Fire will be lit and movies will be binged.

Central Munster started off very slow but a change in wind direction is feeding in more and more shower off the English Channel. Some nice flurries in the last few hours

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Moderate to heavy snow now at Grange in thick stratus cloud.

pilly wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of you all. Feel like I'm in a bubble here, work place in Limerick, drive through North Cork to South Tipp and still nothing. Yet customers all around us are telling us they've a ton of snow.

I've all my work done because I thought I'd have to leave early today, no chance by the looks of it and nothing tonight.

Bored now. I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening I think to see anything decent. Sick waiting now, it's like waiting for Christmas.

I feel ya, my husband said I look like a spoiled child all day! Really thought we would have something by now in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We have not heard much from the lads living high up like Robertkk and Large Funeral. It must be tough going farming for them in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Decent aul dumping inbound to South Dublin, everything south of the liffey, probably land around 16:30. Heaviest in the CC and out then towards Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, etc., but with snow across the entire South of the county.

That said, the radar says it should have snowed in D 16 in the last 15 minutes, but it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

A colleague was at the NECC meeting today. She said she was very afraid from what was said!

Sorry..don't have details.

Does she scare easily ☺

Timistry wrote: »
    Boards is really acting up now, it says you posted that four times now lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Send help to Howth :pac:

0b5986ac42dfd8e7e43ee8e4c903b9e2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    In south Cavan the same. Heavy showers on off all day. Not sure on depth due to drifts
    Very enjoyable looking at the snow drifting in the fields ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

A colleague was at the NECC meeting today. She said she was very afraid from what was said!

Hail stones the size of soccer balls? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Christmas FM on live tomorrow :D

Online/internet radio

https://twitter.com/christmasfm/status/968848449067102208

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Cianos wrote: »
    Jaysus this thread is moving quickly! Posted earlier but don't think anyone made a reply so just to ask again in case anyone can advise, what are the expected driving conditions for tomorrow going to be? (around South Dublin / North Wicklow)

Red alert will be in operation. Advice given to stay indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Cianos wrote: »

I would guess no one is replying because no one really knows. The situation is liquid and continually changing but enough guidance has been given to suggest it will probably be a very bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

A sustained flurry in Cork City but it's not really sticking much on roads or pavements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mokuba wrote: »
    Bishopstown in Cork has been going between medium and heavy for past 35/40 minutes.

Snow did its job anyway, work off for the next 2 days ( paid, thankfully no leave required ).

Fire will be lit and movies will be binged.

Going to have to sign up to Netflix . I've watched all the nowtv offering that was worth watching!

Fire not lit in 30 years so can't risk that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Timistry wrote: »

Alright heard ya the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

sdanseo wrote: »

Is dublin the only part in Ireland?

At long last it's snowing on D5. Sticking already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Is that you Biggins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

sdanseo wrote: »

If you dont live there you can watch it live here

https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/ireland/howth/howth-panorama/

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement