Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That snow shower in cork made the parts of the footpaths and roads where sin was shining just melt it and now it's soaking, where as. It's that got no sun (my house, north facing) got a great top up and all footprints and everything gonna. Getting heavy enough again now. This is great RIP snowshield.. for now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Skedaddle wrote: »
    A sustained flurry in Cork City but it's not really sticking much on roads or pavements.

Doesn't matter.... Its not Dublin !!

:P:P:rolleyes::D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

A sustained flurry in Cork City but it's not really sticking.

Its sticking a good bit in Turners Cross, roads are mostly white now again after being bone dry a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

sdanseo wrote: »
    Send help to Howth :pac:

0b5986ac42dfd8e7e43ee8e4c903b9e2.png

To be fair most of us here are giving regional updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

revelman wrote: »
    Hail stones the size of soccer balls? :(

I've lived in the US midwest during crazy storms with huge hail. Never seen anything remotely close to one being almost 9 inches in diameter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

If you dont live there you can watch it live here

https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/ireland/howth/howth-panorama/

giphy.gif

Jaysus it's going to come down in the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

That snow shower in cork made the parts of the footpaths and roads where sin was shining just melt it and now it's soaking, where as. It's that got no sun (my house, north facing) got a great top up and all footprints and everything gonna. Getting heavy enough again now. This is great RIP snowshield.. for now

all sticking here at 78m asl in Rochestown. A good 2 cm in the last 40 mins and still going strong. back where we were this morning. two steps backward three steps forward....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

When you glimpse movement out of the corner of your eye and thinks its more snow but its drips from the thaw AGHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Is dublin the only part in Ireland?
    Is there other parts?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wind direction veering slightly northerly again, Dub/Meath/Wicklow probably get another 5cm or snow tonight into tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Big snow shower here the last while and I thought we were escaping it all.

South Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Just on a bus going out Western road now toward bishopstown. The left footpath is covered in snow (in the sun shadow) and the right is just wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

greenspurs wrote: »
    Doesn't matter.... Its not Dublin !!

:P:P:rolleyes::D
    Maybe I should disappear off to the PROC forums and stop posting on boards!?
    Sorry I bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

snowing in the City Ctr again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭dasdog

Started again in D14. Also very blustery. Putting operation coddle for dinner in to place soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Is there other parts?

Oh thankfully there is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gone nuts here near Santry. Evrerything white again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Punchy enough snow shower in Dublin city centre.

At the risk of being accused of being regionally biased, there are people from Longford, Wexford and Galway looking at it fall out the window of our office.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

heavy snow in north Dublin roads turning white again

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Cant wait for tomorrow. Off work Friday so I can pull an all-nighter and savoir every minute of it. It is a once in a lifetime sort of event. If you sat down to draw the ideal chart for the ultimate snowmageddon, its the actual chart for tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Is dublin the only part in Ireland?

Only part that matters really tbh. 4 in a row up the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Catching the edge of a shower here passing just to the north, looks pretty heavy.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

That big blob has me in its sights!!
    Now deliver please. Dont let me down.
    Stepaside south Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Maybe I should disappear off to the PROC forums and stop posting on boards!?
    Sorry I bothered!

Given about 30% of all posts in winter here are about the Cork Snow shield (RIP) we can hardly accuse the Dubs of hogging things....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Near horizontal stuff coming down now in SCD. *

* Other regions may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

A whiteout of hail here in Cabra. Just in time for the evening commute (if anyone is mad enough to be out there in cars atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Snowing intermittently on northside of Cork city, seems to be heavier on south side though (according to reports from my friend and you can see the south side from my bedroom window and it’s pretty much white - as in, prob heavy snow)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Getting dark here around Sandyford villiage......aaaand a few flakes falling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

D9Male wrote: »
    Punchy enough snow shower in Dublin city centre.

At the risk of being accused of being regionally biased, there are people from Longford, Wexford and Galway looking at it fall out the window of our office.

Stop them, thats Dublin snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Can see a clearance to my east now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement