Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My 4.5 years in Canada have prepared me for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

I would guess no one is replying because no one really knows. The situation is liquid and continually changing but enough guidance has been given to suggest it will probably be a very bad idea.

:eek:

Careful now, don't want to start any more downgrade rumours :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

We have not heard much from the lads living high up like Robertkk and Large Funeral. It must be tough going farming for them in this.

This is it. You'd have to smile when you read people wishing for a dump of snow when it will likely affect them little and means nothing in terms of hardship.

Spare a thought for anyone lambing at the moment and/or managing stock in outfields that need feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Is South dublin to be hit hard by tomorrows snow storm? also, anybody guess how much it could dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

seamus wrote: »
    Decent aul dumping inbound to South Dublin, everything south of the liffey, probably land around 16:30. Heaviest in the CC and out then towards Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, etc., but with snow across the entire South of the county.

That said, the radar says it should have snowed in D 16 in the last 15 minutes, but it didn't.

That South Dublin dumping is happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

all sticking here at 78m asl in Rochestown. A good 2 cm in the last 40 mins and still going strong. back where we were this morning. two steps backward three steps forward....

Gotta say I am jealous of that! 39asl here and the side where the sun didn't shine is back to this morning levels, side where it did is just wet. Needs to freeze over before it will stick I am assuming! I have the bottom of my snowman done though, so this snow is gonna be for my 2nd part!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Joe Duffy said earlier that most kids under 8 in ireland never experienced snow before.
    After a minute he had to change that to Dublin but we all know what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think people are wildly exaggerating the snow and temperatures rte is saying cold weather -1,-2 ish for Dublin I’m not expecting much other than a bit of sleet and snow .

Remind me never to take investment advice from this poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Vxlks wrote: »
    Is South dublin to be hit hard by tomorrows snow storm? also, anybody guess how much it could dump?

Yes.
    Many.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Is dublin the only part in Ireland?
    If you dont live there you can watch it live here

https://balticlivecam.com/cameras/ireland/howth/howth-panorama/

I don't live in Howth, just noticed it was being hammered is all

Well aware that the other counties exist. If you go back a page or so you'll see my recent PSA about Bantry but you probably didn't bother to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

It's been snowing in Cork city for 30 mins or so in contrast to yesterday merely 2mins.snow billowing lot slower now in southerly direction. Now its building up on footpaths and tops of all cars..beautiful snow day as it's darkening here bit by bit.

Joe Duffy said earlier that most kids under 8 in ireland never experienced snow before.

In fairness, it's Joe Duffy, what do you expect? That said, if Thursday/Friday estimates come off, it'd be fair to say most people under 30 won't have seen that amount of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Heavy snow now. -0.9C/-5.9C. The temperature dropped after the snow started falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

sdanseo wrote: »
    I don't live in Howth, just noticed it was being hammered is all

Well aware that the other counties exist. If you go back a page or so you'll see my recent PSA about Bantry but you probably didn't bother to do that.

I not only don't care about other counties, I couldn't give a damn if it snows in North Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

seamus wrote: »
    Decent aul dumping inbound to South Dublin, everything south of the liffey, probably land around 16:30. Heaviest in the CC and out then towards Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, etc., but with snow across the entire South of the county.

That said, the radar says it should have snowed in D 16 in the last 15 minutes, but it didn't.

You are spot on snowing now in sandyford and Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Joe Duffy is a fool. It snows in Dublin every winter more in dome places than others but always a few coverings in West Dublin....always.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just drove home from work in Cork city. Was snowing pretty heavily when driving home! Office closed tomorrow. Yay!

Edit: Just got message saying we are also closed on Friday. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice snow shower in West Clare, left around 2cm, dropped the temperature to -2.5c (from +0.6c)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Meant to be decent snow over wicklow now and nothing. Second time today the radar is off for wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Regarding the Arklow shield

There’s Klingons on the starboard bound
    DONT scrape them off Jim :D

https://twitter.com/arklowweather/status/968887231615291392?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

View of driveway from living room window right now. It really is bucketing it down here near Kinsale. Measuring tape says 7 inches of snow has accumulated.

You are spot on snowing now in sandyford and Dundrum

Not quite spot on, we're north of the Liffey (Cabra) and getting a great dumping of snow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Fairly heavy snow shower now in D7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Just drove the M7/M9 from Naas to Carlow.
    2 Lanes open the whole way, salt doing its job, good work by the councils.

This uncertainty for tomorrow is a joke.
    Your employer will want you to attend yet the head of the emergency committee says "it's suicidal to be outside after 4pm tomorrow".
    So there will be no public transport to bring people home, it's a joke.
    As nobody will make a decision then we better hope for another dumping tonight so the early morning commute is ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Some amount dumped in Virginia over the past hour. Wind picked up. Snow that podwery it'd being blown around.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Just drove home from work in Cork city. Was snowing pretty heavily when driving home! Office closed tomorrow. Yay!

Blizzard in Dublin 15..?? Just adding to the 15 cm of lying snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Big load about to drop d5 area. I'm on bus back into town with two big tubs of coddle.

Rest of the family can starve it's all for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭thomil

Pretty good snow coming down here in Ballincollig now. Seemed to ease off for a bit, but it's really gone back to full throttle. Temperature is -0.7, dew point -3, pressure 1008.8mb and falling. (I love my weather station ;) )

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

gawker wrote: »
    That South Dublin dumping is happening now.

Its not great its like heavy shower of very fine snow particles. Seems to always be this! Looks pretty but no accumulation from small snow particles :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

revelman wrote: »
    View of driveway from living room window right now. It really is bucketing it down here near Kinsale. Measuring tape says 7 inches of snow has accumulated.

Jesus, that looks like a lot more than 7 inches up against the wall. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement