Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

2013Lara wrote: »
    Meant to be decent snow over wicklow now and nothing. Second time today the radar is off for wicklow.

It was snowing 5 minutes ago when I was in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

pilly wrote: »
    Jesus, that looks like a lot more than 7 inches up against the wall. :eek:

That's what she said last night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Absolutely pelting it down on Carrigaline Cork for the last 40 mins. This time its dry small white pellets.

Build up on ground is fast on top of what was there already. Beginning to get drifts in the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Snowing again in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

pilly wrote: »
    Jesus, that looks like a lot more than 7 inches up against the wall. :eek:

Yes, in places it is way more than 7 inches. I’m trying to be accurate by taking the measurement on even terrains like the top of the car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone think relying on the dart tonight is risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Pelting down now in D16 and the wind picked up noticeably. If this is a small taste of whats to come its going to be incredible.

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gawker wrote: »
    That South Dublin dumping is happening now.
    Started and stopped already here in Dublin 18. Not much of a dump at all, a very light skiff of snow at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sure we'll have a moratorium on people from Dublin reporting on their snow levels. We'll go around the country, county to county. Yo Fermanagh what's going on, representing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Snow, wind and has gone much darker in the past 5 mins. Dublin 24 100m asl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

It was snowing 5 minutes ago when I was in tesco

Getting a tiny bit of dandruff up toward Burkeen area. Heavy shower according to netweather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I don't care when somewhere far is getting more snow but its very frustrating when north dublin 2-3 km's away seems to be getting 3 or 4 times as much snow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Just fluffy white light snow at Blackpool SC in Cork City. Still very little sticking but car is showing -1C

The one thing I would say is the roads and pavements were very very heavily treated yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Well the Irish Sea has started churning again. More than before. Intense but small blobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

wakka12 wrote: »
    I don't care when somewhere far is getting more snow but its very frustrating when north dublin 2-3 km's away seems to be getting 3 or 4 times as much snow :(

Literally nothing here In north Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

awec wrote: »
    Started and stopped already here in Dublin 18. Not much of a dump at all, a very light skiff of snow at best.

You must be near me here, could see that we were just on the edge of it, radar and satellite images are very promising, thinking we'll get our turn soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Coming down heavy in Jobstown now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

With all the Dublin-centric forecasting out there, could anyone enlighten us In Mayo what the forecast is for our region? It's almost impossible to work it out with the biased forecasting.
    Thank you In advance,

P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

In 26 years i'm alive I have never seen anything as extraordinary as these weather charts - maybe once in a lifetime... :eek::)

141s4s5.png

2utpymc.png

rrjdc7.png

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Supercell wrote: »
    You must be near me here, could see that we were just on the edge of it, radar and satellite images are very promising, thinking we'll get our turn soon.
    We seem to have been right on the edge of it since the whole thing started! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Snowing heavily in Ballina for the past 30 minutes, very surprising as we are a long way from the Irish sea. I will have an interesting drive home to Tuam shortly as I see a big blob coming over Roscommom right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Snow fall seems to be getting heavier by the minute here in Kinsale - really fine and powdery snow accumulating rapidly. Do any of the experts know how long this particular shower might last? I’ve never seen snow like this in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭the 12 th man

Are we getting an update this afternoon from MT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I was alive in 82 but no clear memory of it- this is class.

Light Snow gently falling again in Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Snowing stopped completely in Cork city as skies have opened up brightening it up as if a lamp shone.. bit windy around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi,

With all the Dublin-centric forecasting out there, could anyone enlighten us In Mayo what the forecast is for our region? It's almost impossible to work it out with the biased forecasting.
    Thank you In advance,

P

Seriously? Have you read or listened to a forecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Light snow swirling in the wind here again in Celbridge, no doubt it'll get heavier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

revelman wrote: »
    Snow fall seems to be getting heavier by the minute here in Kinsale - really fine and powdery snow accumulating rapidly. Do any of the experts know how long this particular shower might last? I’ve never seen snow like this in Ireland.

10 minutes 42 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Snowing stopped completely in Cork city as skies have opened up brightening it up as if a lamp shone.. bit windy around.

Must be very localised. It's still coming down in Blackpool about 2km from the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Literally nothing here In north Dublin

Been getting snow pretty much all day in dublin 5! Great amount of snow, about 14cms in the garden. Snowing again there about 15 mins ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement