Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Fell on my ass twice today!

Granted my choice of footwear was poor but hey still loving it : )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Beefy shower now in Cork!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

pilly wrote: »
    I've told my kids many times about jumping out my bedroom window into the snow in 1982 and they've never believed it.

I'm hoping for similar by Friday so I can prove it. :pac:

Do you live in a bungalow?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Here in Rush in North Dublin it has been thawing most of the day with the occasional light flurry but unsustained.

Wind is blowing a gale though and from reading on here I’m expecting the snow again very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

sdanseo wrote: »
    No more than you deserve!!

Good Man George.. I assume I can use that as an Arklow Snow Report on the radio yeah?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

@Pangea You'll be happy to know donegal was just added to orange warning for Emma. Not the forgotten county anymore :p

Great, thanks I wasnt aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Had between 6 and 7 inches if lying snow here in south laois/ north Kilkenny. Out with the kids in their waterproofs and sled I bought after 2010. What else can you do but enjoy it....
    the sky here is deliciously pink ....plenty more snow on the way then.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Have been in a very lucky location. Been sitting right on the path of showers all day with some short breaks in between but pretty persistent all day. Strange thing is the accumulation hasn’t really increased all that much despite being on this track. Possibly melting a little underneath I suspect. Should be deeper depths as hadn’t changed much since morning. Less if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Snow in Cork is a lot more intense now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just took this is Stoneybatter. You can normally see the mountains crystal clear from here. Total whiteout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »

A blizzard?!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I'll bet anyone €10 that my local station Dunsany will have registered the highest total snowfall over this cold period nationwide. If not €10 I'll send you 197,637,200,000 of this **** coin I bought back in December

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

I really feel for anyone who wasn't able to experience the Curragh today, 20cm+ and great slopes for sledding, beautiful sight to see hundreds of kids enjoying themselves across the landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A blizzard?!

Indeed!!!

It’s unreal now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Netweather is saying a good shower has passed over Moate, but I can confirm it was only a light dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »

I think we need to sell the snow shield for scrap at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Galway city and nearby still waiting on proper snow!

Hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Coming down heavy again in east Galway
    Seem to beright in the firing line
    Added to forecast along with Munster and Leinster and upgraded to orange

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

m17 wrote: »
    All Dunnes stores nationwide are closing at 3pm tomorrow and will reopen at 1pm Friday

Seen this sort of "we're open and will close at 3pm" stuff from a few places now. I think it's very poor form.

Makes them look like they have safety at the forefront of their thoughts, and yes they're technically shutting up before the red warning kicks in, but it's going to be a nightmare for staff who 1) have to travel a distance to get into work in the morning and 2) have to travel a distance to get home at 3pm when half the country will be on the road doing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Is it sticking this time?

yes every bit
    it was only one big shower but the fact it got in bodes well
    Wind is ENE now and temp is -1.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Snow in Cork is a lot more intense now.
    We are just on the edge of that front passing south Cork now up near Mallow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Every met station freezing or below at 5pm on the day before Spring starts.. a record going back to 1963 or 1947 i'd say..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Netweather is saying a good shower has passed over Moate, but I can confirm it was only a light dusting

Yah, not that far away from there, more showers piling up behind though. About 15cm on the ground here with drifting. Snow blowing over the fields in the stronger gusts. We've done very well this winter with snow.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've had black clouds out my back window for the last hour (D10) and not a single drop of snow has fallen in that time. So frustrating. Where's my snowmagedden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing on and off here for past hour, but mostly very light. About 1cm has fallen since 10am, about 7cm on the ground now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Feeling very cold now and lashing snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

coming down nicely in Cork now. Lough area. Were told to decide individually about work tomorrow. "cracks bottle open...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

WOW east Cork craziest pic of this event I've seen so far. Defo red. Couldn't resize image small enough.

https://m.facebook.com/DonegalWeatherC/photos/a.385934781516277.1073741847.161588103950947/1476357429140668/?type=3&source=48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Very snowy in Cork city! Tempted to go for a stroll before it gets dark..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement