Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eeeek

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Very snowy in Cork city! Tempted to go for a stroll before it gets dark..

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

This is crazy snow in Cork, place is worse than this morning and its still going, dont think iv ever seen snow like I have in the last half an hour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Cmon Anglesey showers :D

The Anglesey shadow has me very agitated!!!

Need more snow to clear up the mess made by kids and cars!

This is just unbelievable and to think we haven’t seen the worst of it yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why ?

It's not very often we get to experience a walk in the snow :o Although thinking against it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The drama from the Cork lot.:D

Anyway, its chucking it down here and any little thaw has been reversed.

South Laois.

CHealy wrote: »
    This is crazy snow in Cork, place is worse than this morning and its still going, dont think iv ever seen snow like I have in the last half an hour.

Nope never. I was all building up to tomorrow but with what is failing now and what's expected tomorrow and Friday this is going to be nuts. Are we sure storm Emma hasn't hit early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

We put the christmas tree back up. Friday will be our pretend Christmas day.

Grandeeod wrote: »

South Laois.

It's madness even for cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

DOCARCH wrote: »
    The Anglesey shadow has me very agitated!!!

Need more snow to clear up the mess made by kids and cars!

Me to DOC in D12 watching the shower train to my north. On a plus kinsale is the place to be. Lovely spot to.

It's not very often we get to experience a walk in the snow :o Although thinking against it now...

Yeah lia_lia I would advise staying in and just watch it from the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Really jealous of all of ye. I'm just on the cork Limerick border and havnt had any snow whatsoever yet today, and just a very light dusting last night. Also, only lows of 3.6° last night, nothing to severe.

Just back from a walk in Bishopstown, Cork and I have never experienced cold like it.

Just home in time for to watch some of the heaviest snow I have ever seen from the comfort of my home. This is a proper blizzard now, with the wind howling and driving snow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Accumulating very fast here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I think it's safe to say Cork has done well out of this so far

Really jealous of all of ye. I'm just on the cork Limerick border and havnt had any snow whatsoever yet today, and just a very light dusting last night. Also, only lows of 3.6° last night, nothing to severe.

Don’t worry you’ll get it tomorrow!

I've seen snow similar to this in Kerry a few times but lived in Cork now for years and never experienced it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It will come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Apparently thunder in Cobh according to twitter. Eeeek

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »

South Laois.

Us? Dramatic? Never! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Very snowy in Cork city! Tempted to go for a stroll before it gets dark..
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why ?

Walking around in the snow just as darkness is setting in with fading light is awesome. I love how isolated and barren but at the same time beautiful and tranquil it feels walking around as dark falls in the mist of a heavy snow fall. It transports you to feeling like you are exploring another planet in the right setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Dublin 17 doing unreal this shower is actually heavier than some of last nights very heavy and persistent !!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Footpaths in Dublin 6W are horrendous! Like an inch of ice with a light covering of snow in some places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snowing again in Moycullen, Galway - whiteout a few mins after this was taken :)

443488.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great shower in east cork over the last while. Went outside for a small bit, footprints covered in a minute. Still coming down but not as manic as earlier

Cork city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

-1.0 here at the beach in Meath. Treated roads are grand untreated roads are unbelievably bad! Frozen underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Seen very little snow in glencullen today but fair bit fell last night so can’t be greedy skies very dark all day really showers keep missing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Heckler wrote: »
    Any chance people posting updates or statuses might say where they actually are ?

Any car that goes by here there a cracking sound as they break the icey snow on the road.

I'm up the road from the Centra.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement