Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Where would one get some road salt .

Lidl had it in stock in Stillorgan today.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Blizzard7, MT, Kermit and the rest of the big guns I know I have left out some, what's all this downgrade mularky on last few pages? Will we will still have snow event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

MissMoc wrote: »
    Has thread crashed or are we just all worn out form watching over the past 5 days?

Last chance to go out for a drink before it's batten down the hatches time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

However this pans out, I'm happy that I have learned so much about meteorology and forecasting.

Thanks for the input everyone.

What are the chances of me pulling a sickie for work? This downgrade stuff has me concerned , I planned a short wk next wk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

I really hope that is the case rather than everyone giving up and abandoning ship/boards
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Last chance to go out for a drink before it's batten down the hatches time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

What are the chances of me pulling a sickie for work? This downgrade stuff has me concerned , I planned a short wk next wk

There wasn't really a downgrade.. it will still snow during the week but it may melt on friday on saturday. But thats a few days away so who knows.

The mood swings on this thread are crazy !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Let me clarify something...

There has been NO DOWNGRADE. It's still looking extremely cold this week with snow piling into the east from Tuesday according to latest guidance. Since we are talking about showers, then they are hit and miss. Models have been all over the place recently, so the track for the low at the end of the week is NOT NAILED. It is far in FI and to be taken with a pinch of salt! There will be plenty more changes to come. The second warming in the stratosphere is adding to the model volatility. Don't worry about it, there is some epic weather to go through before that low that is causing concerns. In this country, you have to take what you are given. You can't ask for too much here, so be grateful for what you get. Just enjoy the ride.

Your best bet is to look at Met Éireann or check out MT's daily forecasts found in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Is it downgraded? Seems to be some chat amongst the boffins on the other thread

Is it downgraded? Seems to be some chat amongst the boffins on the other thread

Not too sure I barely understand the phrase used on this thread, I'm bamboozled on the other one, I just look out for key words like snow,the rest goes over my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

How many times do people need to say it. There is no downgrade for the extreme weather forecast this week. Where's there is uncertainty is what happens past next Friday but that's too far away to be anything nailed down yet.
    As others have said we're in line for something epic on the east coast anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Not too sure I barely understand the phrase used on this thread, I'm bamboozled on the other one, I just look out for key words like snow,the rest goes over my head

No it is not downgraded for next week. :) Simple phrase :p

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

MissMoc wrote: »
    Has thread crashed or are we just all worn out form watching over the past 5 days?

The calm before the storm

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

ladies and gentlemen, the cork snow shield is about to get plastered..

Busy night have we? :)

JPBsyx4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

-3 mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Great forecast there on the news. Joanna really ramped it up again mentioning an extreme and serious event numerous times. Bring it on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Chilly Willy

Read something there about a possible downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well that is the best TV forecast I have ever seen for snow by Joanna just now. She is very good at getting the details and message across.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Great forecast there on the news. Joanna really ramped it up again mentioning an extreme and serious event numerous times. Bring it on

OMG what a forecast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Best get the shopping and cigarettes in tomorrow.
    :eek:

snow on the east coast on tuesday? :) take it with a pinch of salt

IMG_1812.PNG.70363f5a134544405ecfcb7fb0041bb0.PNG

(from netweather forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Yeeeeeowwwwwww!!!! Thanks to the poster yesterday saying there was one snow shovel in Argos Carlow. I popped in and got it today but I don’t think it’s gonna be big enough for what’s ahead ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Read something there about a possible downgrade.

The trolling on this thread is A1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To be honest, if people would read the thread rather than a single word and immediately post "no snow?" or "downgrade?" we'd have less of this nonsense. I rarely write this so strongly but it is getting tiring.

Also, when you see users being in complete denial that there's cold weather coming, such as our lovely botanical gardens poster earlier, check their post count before taking their word on hand. It seems that all reasonable posts are ignored and anyone wrongfully saying there's no cold coming is believed.

It's always very easy to log onto Met.ie and give a quick check if in any doubt.

I understand many users here are entirely innocent and simply a victim of trolling, to whom I apologise and offer the advice that it's simply a fact of life, and to figure out who the reputable posters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

There is no downgrade. The cold may ease a little earlier than first thought, perhaps by Friday. But Thursday and Friday could also see an almighty blizzard of the the sort we have not seen since 1982.
    Strong winds forecast by Thursday could make it feel all the more brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Villain wrote: »
    Well that is the best TV forecast I have ever seen for snow by Joanna just now. She is very good at getting the details and message across.

Any way of watching it online? I missed it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bertie4evr wrote: »

Should be on RTE player later.

it should be on the rte player in an hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://www.rte.ie/weather/22259-dublin/

I assume that is the most recent...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement