Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That is a creepily advanced vocabulary for a 12 year old.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Calibos wrote: »
    Soccarboy11's boards join date was 2014. ie. 4 years ago. So you are telling us you are only 12 years old now? Either thats true or your creative writing has written you into a dilemma where henceforth you have to pretend to be a 12 year old. :D

hah.. ok.. well maybe I made the account with my 8 year old self clubpenguin username when I was 14 because I couldn't think of anything else.. (you people are too smart! :p) Im actually 17 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tzmaster90

i want updates no drama lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

What is this discussion anymore? :pac::pac:

Summer, then 12 year old with advanced vocabulary and now lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

When is the next important chart coming out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sryanbruen wrote: »

Frustration that we have to wait until Monday to see how this pan out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I just hope the uk doesn't steal all our snow, we're always so fecked with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

sryanbruen wrote: »

Be careful with what you say next sryanbruen!! It wasn't all that long ago that you appeared on the Weather forum at age 13 or 14 acting like little Lord Fontleroy who thought he owned the place!! ;);):D

We're all very proud of the fine young man you have become btw ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The Van dam add is on,up in the Rockies drinking Coors light,how apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

fritzelly wrote: »
    I just hope the uk doesn't steal all our snow, we're always so fecked with the weather

They already stole our 6 counties !

Im in Cork city so shouldn't get too much snow, It'll turn to slush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Temperature at Dublin Airport up from -2C to 3C in as many hours

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nah.

Calibos wrote: »
    Be careful with what you say next sryanbruen!! It wasn't all that long ago that you appeared on the Weather forum at age 13 or 14 acting like little Lord Fontleroy who thought he owned the place!! ;);):D

We're all very proud of the fine young man you have become btw ;):D

Oh I know :pac:.

Some of my old posts are ridiculous lol. I look back at them sometimes and do be like "Ah Jesus, was I really like that?". Thank god I have improved from being that horrible person, those were my dark ages.

Thank you haha :D.

I will try to continue and improve over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Okay, so in simple man's lingo is there much hope for snow in Dublin next week?

I'm really hoping so, I've an exam and I'm sure it will be moved if it snows as its an evening course and I'm far from prepared lol

Please snow pleaseeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

italodisco wrote: »

I'm really hoping so, I've an exam and I'm sure it will be moved if it snows as its an evening course and I'm far from prepared lol

Please snow pleaseeeee

Yes.....have you read the post by Kermit in the other thread, MT's forecast and Met Eireanns?

Disruptive snow expected!

When I worked in Poland a neighbour of mine wore golf shoes when he was heading to the shops as to not slip on the ice lol

Not a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Chief Forecaster's(UKMO) assessment

Showers will bring a large variation in amounts of snow across even small areas with some places seeing very little snow. There is the potential for 10-15 cm of snow in places where showers become more frequent whilst nearby locations may see much less frequent showers and only small accumulations of 1-3 cm in places. Strong winds will lead to drifting of snow, and lightning could be an additional hazard, particularly near North Sea, Irish Sea and English Channel coasts. By the end of Wednesday, more than 20 cm may have accumulated in places in some eastern counties of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland from a culmination of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's snow showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They already stole our 6 counties !

Cork city If the forcast is right won't be spared kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

italodisco wrote: »

Please snow pleaseeeee

Snow all but guaranteed from Tuesday night through to Thursday evening. Models don't pick up on streamers very well so hard to judge amounts, could be just a few cm or it could be a lot more. I'd be skeptical of huge amounts because of the strong winds throughout but who knows, anything could happen. It'll come down to radar watching

Thursday night into Friday has potential for more significant snowfall but equally it might just quickly turn to rain and start a thaw, too early to know at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement

Let's hope it comes down, otherwise I'll be repeating an exam lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

Is there the a possability southwest kerry will see any snow? I haven't really seen any down here since 2009 (on the coast). Apologies if anyone else has asked this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I doubt it unless there's a red weather warning however it would still be localised. Bus Eireann will not run services for schools in a red warning situation and the minister will issue an order closing schools if its a nationwide circumstance. Indications are that significant parts of the country won't be affected badly whilst others will so as such it may be localised closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Epic forecast from Tomas

https://www.bbc.com/weather/features/43184987

Amazing to see the amount of snow out to the west and southwest of Ireland as the frigid air spills well out into the Atlantic. A rare sight to see snow in that location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Cork city If the forcast is right won't be spared kid.

Nice one, Be about time we got lots of snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

This tweet from bbc Wales weatherman Derek Brockway And he’s kind enough to mention Dublin!

So in a field when it's windy. The cattle will stick their heads down and walk into the wind till they get to a ditch and then turn around and just have their backs to the wind with the ditch giving them added shelter from the wind. The sheep will do the opposite and walk with the wind till they get to the ditch in the field. Except now the sheep are on the windward side of that ditch in the field and if there's snow, blizzard, drifting conditions the snow will gather up against these ditches and the sheep will be buried. They won't move just stay there as the snow blows and mounts up against the ditch. Burying them.

Ah, this makes me so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

I have to say its at times like this that you really grow to dislike Netweather, any mention of a breakdown and the usual suspects (many of whom are never to be seen when good synoptics are on the cards) suddenly re-emerge and break into hand-wringing mode. A lot of it is probably the NIMBYism of Netweather but some of them seem to be so emotionally invested in the charts that the sight of mild weather seems to reduce the place to bellyaching and moaning. Never mind the fact that there is a fantastic spell of cold weather on the way, if it doesn't last a month it may as well not be happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Temp in Dublin gone from -2 to +3 over the last couple of hours, what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Epic forecast from Tomas

https://www.bbc.com/weather/features/43184987

Amazing to see the amount of snow out to the west and southwest of Ireland as the frigid air spills well out into the Atlantic. A rare sight to see snow in that location.
    Squarecircles, this link was posted hours ago

• Advertisement

highdef wrote: »
    Was this a different system that dumped massive amounts of snow to Ulster? You're mentioning the snow only got to the Channel Islands, hence my confusion.

He's referring to this on 11 March 2013:

oX99j47.png

EDIT: I accidentally posted for the second time in the snow preparations thread! What is up with me today!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement