Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

Not being smart or funny but if you live within walking distance then just walk.
    It's driving that causes problems for people in snow.

Yeah I get that, which is why I said that I've no problem walking in on Wednesday but if we're due blizzards Thursday it might be more difficult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Joanna has stopped winking.

We need a way for Joanna to communicate with us Boardsies. Some keyword she can use to show that she monitors this forum.

Can anyone think of an odd word or phrase she can use in upcoming weather bulletins to give us a sign???

Edit: Maybe the word "ramp"! Joanna, please use the word ramp at 6 or 9.

Joanna, if you are watching (and we know you are ;)), please please please use the word ramp in your forecasts this evening.

You know you want to. Ok chat later...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Worst cold in west. East may have the worse snow afaik

Ah ffs. I thought for once the west might get lucky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Is it wrong to be excited and looking forward to this?

The worse the better. As long as noboby is hurt of course

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

lol..love this thread,i have been glued to it 24/7,yet have a not a clue what 99 percent of the posts mean..but i get the "jist"..still heading to wales at the weekend has me a bit unsettled.sailing friday as i stated in a previous post.keep up with the posts folks,much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah ffs. I thought for once the west might get lucky

The west will experience snow on thursday/friday

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

gabeeg wrote: »
    That is one hell of a downgrade :)

Dropbox is great for both archiving and hosting images.
    I'm pretty sure you can host with the 2gb free account.

The snow has been cancelled then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I hate to be such a moan but I was expecting Euro temperatures to be a lot lower than this. They don't look exceptional to me even for late Feb.

Reurmett.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Cold air moving west into the south east UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

KellyXX wrote: »
    The snow has been cancelled then?

No, no, no.

that was just a joke. Someone had posted an example of a chart from months ago.

It's going to get mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

I hate to be such a moan but I was expecting Euro temperatures to be a lot lower than this. They don't look exceptional to me even for late Feb.

Reurmett.gif

Not to sound like a smarty pants but it's still daytime, I'd imagine nighttime temps to be significantly cooler if I'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

How much quantity of snow will Maynooth get? Perticularly for Thursday and Friday. Also how is the midlands looking for cold and snow? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

8c here today n sunny

Can see the siberian air getting ever closer (currently in the North Sea) by monitoring www.sat24.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How much quantity of snow will Maynooth get? Perticularly for Thursday and Friday. Also how is the midlands looking for cold and snow? Thanks.

Badly needs a regional breakdown. I had no clue the west was cold when people were saying Dublin/The East was going to be worst effected.

Some and none would be my guess.
    itl probably change as we get closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Cold hanging on longer further north you travel on latest run. This is far out so can all change. UKMO still has very cold across ulster and extreme North of Connacht/leinster come Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Doesn't make someone a grump for not wanting frozen pipes.

I don’t care if I die I want this blizzard!!

Autochange wrote: »
    Some and none would be my guess.
    itl probably change as we get closer

None? That just crap, of course it has to be that way 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Fabulous day here in N Kildare (55m). Car had temp at 10c about 3pm

Ive seen once in a lifetime events- ‘82, ‘10 (and Day After Tomorrow :) )

Hope- we get a couple of days for the kids to enjoy....but be cleared up past weekend please.

It's a real shame that the one time we have a possibility of a blizzard happening there is doubt whether there will even be a dusting at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

-10 on that chart in Poland where the wife is from, - 10 is what there reporting to but with scattered snow showers that could be why the temperature are not as low as possible, broken cloud cover

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It's a real shame that the one time we have a possibility of a blizzard happening there is doubt whether there will even be a dusting at all.

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Seriously ¿¿¿

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To be fair it's the middle of the day, those temperatures are quite low for daytime temperatures and they're only getting colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

gabeeg wrote: »
    No, no, no.

that was just a joke. Someone had posted an example of a chart from months ago.

It's going to get mental

I know :)

I had read in a weather post yesterday possibility of 30 cm of snow in the midlands. Has that changed or is it even a possibility?

sryanbruen wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Someone replied to my op earlier saying, "some and none", it made me wonder if perhaps the models are wrong. Not meaning to be a hassle on here or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

@mods why are u deleting my post's??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Autochange wrote: »
    I had read in a weather post yesterday possibility of 30 cm of snow in the midlands. Has that changed or is it even a possibility?

Nothing has changed and in fact, with the 12z runs, been upgraded more than anything. Snowstorm of the century later this week if they verified.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Nothing has changed and in fact, with the 12z runs, been upgraded more than anything. Snowstorm of the century later this week if they verified.

Wow. I hope its apocalyptic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement