Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Mtx wrote: »
    @mods why are u deleting my post's??

You probably said there would be no snow. They won't like that.

So what's the story in Dublin? How many days am I getting off work next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

sjb25 wrote: »
    Iv been very excited really am but I was expecting a bit of a downgrade by now it’s actually starting to look a bit dangerous and people are not taking it seriously even with the silly comments in this thread people need to sit up and take notice of this
    I’ll have to work in this so getting slightly nervous

"I'll believe it when I see it" is the general thought from people. We'll just have to see and be prepared I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Is it still possible this won't happen or is it unavoidable?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: KellyXX recieved a warning for being uncivil. Stay on topic please.

• Advertisement

Tropheus wrote: »
    Depends. Do you drive a snow plough for a living?

No but I drive to work though. A few days sitting by the fire would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sjb25 wrote: »
    Iv been very excited really am but I was expecting a bit of a downgrade by now it’s actually starting to look a bit dangerous and people are not taking it seriously even with the silly comments in this thread people need to sit up and take notice of this
    I’ll have to work in this so getting slightly nervous

Yes, the 12z runs would be very dangerous especially the GFS which would bring record breaking snow depths for a short period of time followed by the snow melting to bring severe floods with much milder air and I don't think anybody wants the floods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Is it still possible this won't happen or is it unavoidable?

Severe cold and snow pretty unavoidable now, potential Blizzard of the century later in the week- very possible it won't happen, it's looking more likely that it will happen with every model run that is coming out though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: KellyXX will be taking the rest of the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

It's a real shame that the one time we have a possibility of a blizzard happening there is doubt whether there will even be a dusting at all.

Put that notion in the basket bill....just put the feckin notion in the basket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I mean, they have a point :p Talk about our weather seems to be ramping up on netweather strangely haha

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89416-model-output-discussion-the-beast-arrives/?do=findComment&comment=3778732

if you can't click the link ''While were divided whether the north or south are getting the most snow ireland are looking likely to get hit with a blizzard less than 5 months after getting by a hurricance :wallbash: ''

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Updated the forecast in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sryanbruen wrote: »

This will always happen when he tweets so I don't know why you are getting in s twist. You hardly think he reads them or gets affected by them 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I wonder will Met Eireann go with an orange warning this evening for Tuesdays snow.
    They should really it will be our first disruption and will hit the capital

Small chance for red even (for tuesday)

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Severe cold and snow pretty unavoidable now, potential Blizzard of the century later in the week- very possible it won't happen, it's looking more likely that it will happen with every model run that is coming out though.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope the snowstorm won't happen (at least to this extent), it's getting a bit too much now here. :P

Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope it won't happen, it's getting a bit too much now here. :P

I for one would like to see a blizzard and experience it, but everyone would have to take heed and be smart enough to stay home which won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone noticed the birds feeding like mad today...I normally have a few every evening at my bird feeder but over the weekend they have been non stop and I have had to fill both feeders twice...something I normally would do once a week.
    Do birds like certain animals have a sense of bad weather approaching ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Light showers forecast for tyrone :(
    Give me a god dam blizzard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Put that notion in the basket bill....just put the feckin notion in the basket!!

It puts the notion in the basket. Or it gets the snows again.

I for one would like to see a blizzard and experience it, but everyone would have to take heed and be smart enough to stay home which won't happen.

With the floods that it would bring on the GFS 12z? No thank you. I'll pass :cool:.

• Advertisement

With the floods that it would bring on the GFS 12z? No thank you. I'll pass :cool:.

alright then a blizzard where people are smart enough to stay home AND it doesn't thaw quickly, now that would be ideal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

What would you rather some snow showers and msybe a few sunny days after?

Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope the snowstorm won't happen (at least to this extent), it's getting a bit too much now here. :P

No no no, I want a 1947 style Blizzard - you can never have too much snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

alright then a blizzard where people are smart enough to stay home AND it doesn't thaw quickly, now that would be ideal :pac:

That's what the UKMO is saying.
    Rumours on netweather that the private MOGREPS is also singing from the same hymn sheet.

The ECM at 6 bells will be very interesting

What would you rather some snow showers and msybe a few sunny days after?

Most certainly over floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What is the chance of a red alert weather warning being issued?

longshanks wrote: »

high in the 2nd half of the week

High I would say, a certainty if the end of week storm comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Likely for end of week
    Probably orange earlier in the week though East coast could go red earlier.
    Just my thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

An odd approach for someone with an interest in the weather to take. I hope it's the mother of all blizzards and snows heavy for three days I couldnt care less if we need Noah's ark on Saturday, When is the next time you're going to have the chance to see something like this again in Ireland.

(Hint: A long time)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement