Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    There's a very good chance of delays if the low hitting us produces snow

Imagine moving a foot of snow from an area as big as the airport. Any idea how long that would Take? If it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Limerick had a glorious day.

If you were looking out a window, you'd think you were in the South of France.

But then you realise you are in Limerick

Was in the Stillhouse today for the matches. Was glorious outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

The weather after the news had snowfall countrywide Wednesday/Thursday. As I live in the west this is pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Met Eireann are virtually guaranteeing us snow 4 days in advance on Thursday. That in itself is a rarity in its forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Groß Sarau is located to the south of Lübeck in Schleswig-Holstein, Northern Germany. They have been getting snow all day.

https://twitter.com/wetter_g_sarau/status/967813508288204801

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Take this with a pinch of salt as this is in inches!

5148_A8_C6_E7_A3_41_C7_BCED_8_E5_F9_AC664_B2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

So the latest ECM suggests that following on from a possible blizzard late next week, we get a reload of the cold from the East.

Way too far out to be confident though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

YFlyer wrote:

Dublin was glorious today

Met eireann said on their lunchtime forecast not to fall into the trap of thinking that because today was nice it wouldnt be so bad this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

YFlyer wrote: »

I'm reading that as you were wearing stilettos whilst playing football.

Heck. ..I know I'm wrong, but I have a picture in my head and its funny.

Edit - in the picture in my head it has just started snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's a sign,on this cold crisp evening I could hear the distant strains of the music from an ice cream van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

thomasj wrote: »
    Dublin was glorious today

Met eireann said on their lunchtime forecast not to fall into the trap of thinking that because today was nice it wouldnt be so bad this week.

It really was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

lawred2 wrote:
    It really was glorious

Yeah it was here as well but it's still a bit away.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Take this with a pinch of salt as this is in inches!

5148_A8_C6_E7_A3_41_C7_BCED_8_E5_F9_AC664_B2.jpg

True I was expecting more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Yes. Glorious is an understatement! Literally no clouds in the sky all day. I have never seen skies so clear since that epic start to May last year (bar Saturday the 6th). If only we had this type of weather during summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Couldn't call it a glorious day in cork, we had lots of cloud & missed out on the beautiful sunsets alot had....it's like a haze over the county the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think the fairest thing to do would be to close all businesses and schools from Tuesday until the following Monday to allow for maximum snowman building and snowball fights

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

It's a sign,on this cold crisp evening I could hear the distant strains of the music from an ice cream van.

Poor creatures are confused. Coming out of hibernation early with the warm weather recently, not knowing what's about to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

aisling86 wrote: »
    Couldn't call it a glorious day in cork, we had lots of cloud & missed out on the beautiful sunsets alot had....it's like a haze over the county the last few days.

Agreed, I'm down in Bandon and my dad is fully convinced it's going to snow tonight. It's bloody freezing and the clouds are looking fairly ominous. I've tried explaining that if we have any snow that is will be later in the week but he's not really believing me.

On the plus side, I've ordered coats for the dogs so at least they won't be cold (I totally have my priorities straight)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

The sunset this evening after a clear and crisp day. The cold is bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Would be interesting to see a satellite picture of today to see which parts had the cloudy/misty conditions in contrast to the parts that had cloudless skies all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Can any of the heavy hitters here give a guesstimation of the time frame for the snow to arrive?
    I am working in Ballsbridge and living in Naas and get the train in and out so I wonder if it will effect evening rush hours or much later. If I can get in early and get out early before it hits all the better.
    I nearly got stuck when ophelia shut down the trains so I want to avoid something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I think the fairest thing to do would be to close all businesses and schools from Tuesday until the following Monday to allow for maximum snowman building and snowball fights

Anything else would be reckless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

On my phone so can't edit but I think the first chart on this site just about describes the coloured charts

http://herefordtalk.com/thread/117/kansas-snowmageddon-map

Forecast on BBC now, snow showers from tomorrow afternoon,some in the East of the UK tonight.

Thursday looking like epic snow for us. UKMO on a par with what Kermit said,the front moves rapidly through,the only rain from it seems to hit the extreme south of England, we'll get snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Extremely clear skys here in Offaly, perfect timing for the meteor shower:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

The BBC farm forecast showed blizzard conditions on Friday over most of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Forecast on BBC now, snow showers from tomorrow afternoon,some in the East of the UK tonight.

Country file forecast is nice. Snow widespread as the week goes on. Thursday/Friday event obviously not nailed could be a whiteout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

lawred2 wrote: »
    It really was glorious

Not everywhere. In Cork all we have had since Friday has been grey skies and a biting wind.

littlema wrote: »
    The BBC farm forecast showed blizzard conditions on Friday over most of Ireland.

Where was left out?!

• Advertisement

Where was left out?!

Kerry seems to escape the worst/best of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement