Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Don't touch that yellow snow when you're stuck for more than 24 hours.

Sorry I couldn't resist

I am gonna be singing this in my head for the forseeable.

Watch out where the huskies go... Don't you eat that yellow snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

I think the issue is some posters point blankly saying they won't have snow at all. For example the one on bray. Personally I think that we're looking at greater Dublin area down the coast in Wicklow at the moment and then however far they get inland
    Yeah my hunch the concentrated activity expected is into the greater dub area but interestingly winds down the east coast seem nne,the net effect of that would be to increase the fetch there to a line from Liverpool across and then down the western side of the Irish Sea putting Wicklow and Wexford in the frame wenesday too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Swanner wrote: »
    I disagree. I think it's the complete over hyping both online and in the media followed by the inevitable anticlimax that leads people to become complacent about these warnings..

Trees and branches down all over Wicklow is nothing new.. It happens on a regular basis. We were led to believe by many that Ophelia would be the storm of a lifetime. It wasn't.
    There's already been several threads on this already, so I'll just leave it at we don't know what the impact would've been, if it had been everyone going about their business. They weren't because of the red warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

dacogawa wrote: »
    It looks like the flurries have moved across the border now, can anyone around that area confirm if there is a few flakes dropping?

442908.JPG
    It's trying it's best. Some very small flakes on and off in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭giveitholly

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Looks like Fridays low is slightly east in this run.

Edit: nevermind makes a swift procession west.

Is that good or bad for us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This is the view from my balcony this morning. Northside Dublin looking south towards the mountains from Dalkey and sea on the left (East) of the horizon to Taillaght/Firhouse on the right (West). They're allotments on the foreground.

38683615620_6ff37d6e06_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gluppers

Liffey4A wrote: »
    It just attempted to snow here in Dundalk, literally a few flakes and it stopped.
    A good sign though!

But then changed it's mind. Didn't fancy settling in Dundalk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Met Éireann on Radio 1 saying Orange warning likely for east coast from Tuesday to Thursday and a Yellow warning for the rest of Leinster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Met Éireann on Radio 1 saying Orange warning likely for East Coast from Tuesday to Thursday and a Yellow warning for the rest of Leinster.

That sounds reasonable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That sounds reasonable

Saying a red warning is a possibility for Friday, but too early to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

dacogawa wrote: »
    It looks like the flurries have moved across the border now, can anyone around that area confirm if there is a few flakes dropping?

442908.JPG

Nothing in Rostrevor, Warrenpoint. Just grey clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Liffey4A wrote: »
    It's trying it's best. Some very small flakes on and off in Dundalk

Thanks for the update Liffey4A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Is cork likely to stay clear till Thurs/ Fri?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Saying a red warning is a possibility for Friday, but too early to say.

That is also reasonable. I would go as far as saying Red Alert possible from Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

It's spitting a few tiny bits of graupel in the breeze in D18! Standing a bus stop and it's freezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mooooo wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question...I knew won’t get a definite answer but I need to get to Kilkenny on Wednesday..we were going to go on Wednesday evening but have decided to go early as possible Wednesday morning before the major snow arrives...
    So traveling from Portlaoise to Kilkenny city centre at 9am Wednesday morning?

Mooooo wrote: »

Quite the opposite, aside from stray wintry showers, heavy precip from Thursday evening onwards likely falling predominantly as heavy snow until at least Friday morning, if not longer. That's the current chart reports this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yeah my hunch the concentrated activity expected is into the greater dub area but interestingly winds down the east coast seem nne,the net effect of that would be to increase the fetch there to a line from Liverpool across and then down the western side of the Irish Sea putting Wicklow and Wexford in the frame wenesday too

Really? I thought the ENE was going to shift to an ESE on Wednesday putting Wicklow in the Wales Snow shadow and giving the Meath/Louth lads a crack at it.

So you telling me we get the Liverpool fetch but it loops like a hook and runs down the East Coast? Maybe there is a God after all!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Snowmageddon is lasting a measly two days then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

A few flakes swirling around on the n2 north of Ardee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mtx wrote: »

Thinks are starting to look up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mtx wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Looks like Fridays low is slightly east in this run.

Edit: nevermind makes a swift procession west.

You were right the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

00benski wrote: »
    Living in bray and by the looks of the snow charts all the guys have posted in the technical thread, we won't be getting any snow, can anyone tell me if this is correct? Thank you in advance.

Yes fortunately for you it looks like you should avoid the worst of it hopefully. Still might see some snow but nothing like the rest of the country I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Yes fortunately for you it looks like you should avoid the worst of it hopefully. Still might see some snow but nothing like the rest of the country I'd say.

Where are you actually getting this information from?? Bray should be in the firing line come Wednesday/Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DellyBelly wrote: »

This is just rubbish, Bray could easily end up being one of the snowiest places this week if it ends up under a heavy streamer- same goes for anywhere on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

antodeco wrote: »
    Asked a couple of lads in work there about the snow and their face of confusion ways it all. They have no idea of any bad weather. It's actually scary how little people know about this stuff!

They must live on their own without a TV and never go to the pub. And if they do ever go to the pub they're certainly not on speaking terms with anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

endacl wrote: »
    Thinks are starting to look up!

I can see blue Sky and a beautiful contrast of sunlight glistening off the fairy tree up the road from me.

The ringfort is an almost orange hue, it's like a December morning here in the commons in the Burren...

Majestic...few unicorns poking their heads out too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Bray is just as likely to get snow as almost anywhere else on the East coast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement