Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HighLine wrote: »
    Where are you actually getting this information from?? Bray should be in the firing line come Wednesday/Thursday.

Like another poster said rubbish. Right in the firing line for anything coming in off the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

few wee flurries here in D17

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

gabeeg wrote: »
    Bray is just as likely to get snow as almost anywhere else on the East coast

Exactly. Have to laugh at the whole concept of no you'll have no snow 100% when basically the whole east coast could be plastered Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Loads of experts giving their forecasts this morning in here eh:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Quite the opposite, aside from stray wintry showers, heavy precip from Thursday evening onwards likely falling predominantly as heavy snow until at least Friday morning, if not longer. That's the current chart reports this morning.

That's what I mean as in in before Thurs there won't be a lot of snow?

• Advertisement

Action underway in eastern England. Look at the length of that streamer just off the south coast!

www.raintoday.co.uk

Chrongen wrote: »
    They must live on their own without a TV and never go to the pub. And if they do ever go to the pub they're certainly not on speaking terms with anyone.
    I haven't actually seen much about it on social media at all. Bar the article in the IT on Friday eve which led me to seek out more information here I don't think I'd really know what we're in for either. Just got into work and a lot of people were not aware that severe snow is forecast, they assumed just standard cold & sleet. I think a lot of people were out and about at weekend and not looking at the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Bleedin Baltic here in SE Meath, dark clouds building. Going to get doggies out for a walk soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

JCX BXC wrote: »
    No.
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    No.

Your A man of few words😂

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Few flakes in D1 right now 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Yes fortunately for you it looks like you should avoid the worst of it hopefully. Still might see some snow but nothing like the rest of the country I'd say.

00benski
    Im no expert, but many on here are, (blizzard7 is posting this morn - follow his advice until he tells you differently) and reading what they have to say, this is not correct and you should prepare for disruption at some point.

Not sure where the type of response you had to your post comes from.
    Its frustrating as these posts come across as fact, they are in fact rubbish and dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Mooooo wrote: »
    That's what I mean as in in before Thurs there won't be a lot of snow?

As the streamers from the Irish sea beef up, their reach will stretch further and further inland.
    Impossible to say if Cork will be in the firing line before Thursday, but entirely possible I'd say.

Southampton, which as everybody knows is England's Cork, looks like it's about to be hit with a heavy snow shower
    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Brief flurry in Ringsend. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

some tiny little flakelets in the wind in leopardstown at the moment. not much, but it's a start.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I haven't actually seen much about it on social media at all. Bar the article in the IT on Friday eve which led me to seek out more information here I don't think I'd really know what we're in for either. Just got into work and a lot of people were not aware that severe snow is forecast, they assumed just standard cold & sleet. I think a lot of people were out and about at weekend and not looking at the news!

I've found that with several friends/acquaintances - it will be cold and maybe a bit of snow. Many seem to have 'warning fatigue' . Like 'shur there's a feckin warning every week and I don't see anything unusual, the whole winter has been cold and wet and lots of snow'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I had booked two nights away in Mount Wolseley with the missus and our 9 month old- Tuesday and Wednesday nights, coming back on the Thursday. I'm wondering now if we should look to see if we can defer the stay to a later date.

Any advice folks? I'm not sure if this whole thing is overblown in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Have had 2 very light flurries of snow in Castlebellingham, close to the coast in Louth. Very dark sky here all morning and bitterly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Adelynn Spicy Flower

I have a great view of the Dublin mountains out my office window so interesting to see if they take any snow today, it hasn't been unusual for them to be coated in snow since the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭molly dolly

I mentioned to a friend to make sure she had her dads tablets as there is a strong possibility that we'll be snowed in . . . had never occurred. Our freezer is full to the brim, oil tank is refilled and we have enough solid fuel and holidays to take should we not get out so bring it on. I'm almost excited to see my youngest reaction to snow as he was born in december 2010 so has never really experienced much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I have a great view of the Dublin mountains out my office window so interesting to see if they take any snow today, it hasn't been unusual for them to be coated in snow since the new year.

No doubt you'll be observing them with interest. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Getting dark suddenly in Sandyford, would not be surprised to see something fall from the sky soon (pigs?)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

An odd flake falling Grafton Street, Dublin. Not ready for it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've found that with several friends/acquaintances - it will be cold and maybe a bit of snow. Many seem to have 'warning fatigue' . Like 'shur there's a feckin warning every week and I don't see anything unusual, the whole winter has been cold and wet and lots of snow'

What country are these people living in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Nothing forecast for here but very dark skies in D6 at the mo. Currently 3 degrees so will probably be rain I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Croohur

Some flakes falling in Aughrim, Co. Wicklow now. At about 100m asl here on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hmnn I had booked two nights away in Mount Wolseley with the missus and our 9 month old- Tuesday and Wednesday nights, coming back on the Thursday. I'm wondering now if we should look to see if we can defer the stay to a later date.

Any advice folks? I'm not sure if this whole thing is overblown in the media.

Not being funny but there is a full up to date forecast at the start of this thread.

Not sure what the media has to do with that. Please read that and make your own determinations no one can really decide what travel is right for you tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Streamers making it full width of the UK now. Wouldn't surprise me if the west sees more than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Very gloomy skies in cobh

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Small flakes in the wind, Dublin CC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'm walking through the ifsc in Dublin at the mo and there's little bits of snow and hail falling!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement