Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Rougies wrote: »
    I got my dog to stand outside earlier because I could see the snow grains easier against his black coat. He's allowed back inside now :o

I was doing the very same earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Reported.

To the DSPCA!! ;)

The doggies love the auld snow in fairness, often they only get it once in a lifetime or otherwise they've forgotten cos they're a bit thick, but its brilliant seeing them larking about in it

Yeah he loves it, jumping around like an eejit biting the falling snowflakes.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow has turned a bit heavier in Blackrock

Yeah he loves it, jumping around like an eejit biting the falling snowflakes.:pac:

As you're quite close to me, I vote we meet and have a doggy snowball fetch game, your fella sounds like he's got a similar mindset to mine! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Light snow in city centre, more than the few flakes this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The deep cold air is making it's first incursion in to the east at the moment, hence the flakes.

nmm_uk1-16-9-0.png?26-11

It will pull back a little bit for a time tomorrow morning but probably not enough to turn snow back to rain. It will be back in again by tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Light snow starting in Bray now.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thanks for the snow sock info. Won’t risk it. Can’t find the cardboard think that came with them. Back to the drawing board for travel on Thursday/Friday

Will bung the snow socks up on done deal instead :)

Have the National Emergency Coordination Group actually come out and made any statement re what was discussed in the meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Moderate snizzle = "snozzle"?

It's snotting here. Not snowing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DP is almost -5 in Clondalkin now. Very nice

Theres a few spiderwebs in the garden that are starting to have teeny tiny little bits of snow get stuck on them, not melting either. Pity the webs are not bigger and easier to get at, it would make a gorgeous photo.

South Dublin 75m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The deep cold air is making it's first incursion in to the east at the moment, hence the flakes

It will pull back a little bit for a time tomorrow morning but probably not enough to turn snow back to rain. It will be back in again by tomorrow afternoon.

Interesting since Met Éireann are predicting rain and sleet tomorrow before the snow. Do you reckon they're being a bit conservative?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Have the National Emergency Coordination Group actually come out and made any statement re what was discussed in the meeting?

They're consulting with the Russians on how to cope with 12 feet of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Latest met office forecaste video on Facebook didn't show much for the end of week, snow clips South Coast, showers continue in East. Then it moves away south. Certainly no countrywide all day blizzard on that forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ptrk85

A few very light flakes are starting to fall in Navan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Very light snow in Belfast City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I’m surprised to see Waterford / Wexford excluded from the yellow alert today. I’d guess that might be updated for Wednesday night.

They aren't excluded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

It's been a while since I've learned so many new terms. Was a pretty steep learning curve. If I could distill it down to 1 paragraph, it would read something like this:
    Expect some graupel from the 12z ECM. 6z ICON suggests at least 26 streamers at the dewpoint, but if you're a GFS man you won't be having any of that.
    Seriously though, thanks to all the guys in the know, has been really interesting following your discussions over the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Not a speck in Mulhuddart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The latest from the Met Office. Freezing rain for Wales and Southern England from Thursdays low
    https://www.facebook.com/metoffice/videos/10155612549969209/

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Pretty much constant fine snow here Firhouse Dublin mountains base......wonder if it'll continue or tail off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've to get to Tallaght from Terenure via Templeogue tomorrow Thursday and Friday.

They're all right next to each other, a nice walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Decent little flurry in Greystones just now..

And to think..

It's just the beginning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭mitresize5

lovely dry bright day by the banks of the Shannon in Limerick but bitterly cold.

Went for a run on the river back at UL at lunch time and the gonads are just dropping back into place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Is https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar usually correct as to type of precipitation? Comments here seem to show ( very light)snow - snow mix in greater Dublin, but nothing shoiws on their radar ( only incoming precipitation flaged as snow in Meath , Louth, Cavan Down etc.
    Also, going by earlier, it was ''snowing'' here in Limerick - and while its cloudy nd v cold, it has not - not even flurries, far as I can see.
    Radar showing cloud as snow? Snow at higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

kod87 wrote: »
    I could understand panic buying if we were in for several weeks of severe weather but this looks like 4 or 5 days, what do people possibly need to stock up on for 4 or 5 days?

People panic buy if the shops are closed for one day. Like the last minute rush on Christmas Eve, and shops used to stay open late on holy thursday because no alcohol could be bought on good friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This might be of interest to Barney20v who's up in the hills,the first few flakes have started to fall in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A gaming friend in Constanta on the Black Sea, saying the snow there has gone crazy.
    I might be telling him the same later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Was listening to Evelyn Cusack on RTE Radio 1.

She mentioned the bulk will happen Thursday and drew attention to the potential arrival of Storm Emma from the Bay of Biscay / Portugal. As a result of the arctic air, the precip from that storm will fall as snow and will produce blizzard like conditions with zero visibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement