Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calcutta Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

I'll be honest I did not see that coming. Powerful display by the Scottish forwards. Defence was superb.
    Hard to imagine that is the same team that played Wales.

England? Complete lack of intensity. Dare I say a lack of creativity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

.ak wrote: »
    Today has been most the wonderfulest day ever.

So looking forward to walking into work and past a very smug deputy head, who is a huge English rugby fan :)

Getting up today I had hoped that by this evening I could sit down with a cup of tea, kids gone to bed and a nice wispa and relax reading the Welsh rugby media reaction online.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be reading the Welsh and English media reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Congrats Scotland - no team deserves this more! Unquestionably the better team, they outclassed England all over the pitch.

Edit; is all the whining and complaining over the previous few pages really necessary? Can we not just enjoy today’s results and view these matches for what they were - two superb examples of rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

ireland will pump scotland. scotland will always always let you down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

i think that is quite harsh to be fair. a few of the posters played the man and not the ball.i tried to engage in a topical and constructive discourse.

It's actually traditional to play the man rather than the ball in rugby. You just have to use your arms.

Congrats Scotland - no team deserves this more! Unquestionably the better team, they outclassed England all over the pitch.

Edit; is all the whining and complaining over the previous few pages really necessary? Can we not just enjoy today’s results and view these matches for what they were - two superb examples of rugby.

Of the 20 or so posters who've commented the last few pages, 19 of them are very much enjoying the days rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Before today I would have confidently agreed with you but having seen what they did to England I wouldn’t be so quick to jump to conclusions.

And I’m Irish just to be clear so I sincerely hope I’m wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Scotland have had multiple false dawns over the years and I fail to see how this will be different, people forget its only a few weeks since Wales trounced them in Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

thelad95 wrote: »
    Scotland have had multiple false dawns over the years and I fail to see how this will be different, people forget its only a few weeks since Wales trounced them in Cardiff.

Has anyone been so premature to suggest this is automatically the start of a Scottish rugby renaissance as yet? I think most are appreciating and to an extent celebrating their victory over England, but I've yet to see any claims about what they might achieve in even their next game :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    England are only - 7 lads. If your so confident of such a high win there's great value there for you.

Personally I think Scotland can sneak this.

Im sitting smug :) wallet a little fuller too

It's actually traditional to play the man rather than the ball in rugby. You just have to use your arms.

not a very welcoming bunch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,418 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

not a very welcoming bunch here.

Fairly welcoming to people who actually like watching rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Why are we entertaining this discussion?!
    Exactly, it's always the same kind of poster too. Only making appearances for the big games to sh*t stir

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Waiting anxiously to watch Eddie Jones squirm in the post match conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Yeah, right.

Croke Park 2010...:D

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Has anyone checked in on the itv interviewer who asked Alun Wyn Jones if Ireland or England were going to win the Grand Slam?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There is a caption competition in this one

https://twitter.com/TelegraphRugby/status/967512207150821376

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Fairly welcoming to people who actually like watching rugby

i adore the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Fantastic results today from an Irish perspective.
    One can only hope that the senior players from the Irish camp really mean it when they say 1 game at a time cos Scotland will be no pushover!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭DeadHand

A brave, enterprising performance from the Scots- they were deserved victors.

England were one-dimensional, dirty and cheated consistently- deserved losers.

Good result for rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Boy was I wrong about this one!
    I spent half the game shaking my head at the lack of intensity in the English side...maybe a few of them believe their own press?..... Farrell got shaken up before the game..very smart move from Barclay I think?
    Edit...it was Wilson.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    There is a caption competition in this one

https://twitter.com/TelegraphRugby/status/967512207150821376

Jones "How did you play Dylan"

Hartley "Played a blinder Boss, I did exactly what you told me, I didn't bite anyone, I didn't gouge anyone, I didn't swear at the ref, he didn't hear me, I didn't punch anyone ... and we won the match, delighted Boss"

Jones "............."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Boy was I wrong about this one!
    I spent half the game shaking my head at the lack of intensity in the English side...maybe a few of them believe their own press?..... Farrell got shaken up before the game..very smart move from Barclay I think?

I think the consistency is hard to keep up over several years. England struggled for a long while against Italy. Their defense was suspect right from the start and not just when the new guys came on like us. Against Wales they had a great few minute patch that showed what their players could do and then simply clung on.

Now yesterday was another big drop that probably won't happen again this six nations but the cracks were there. They just widened a lot more than people expected.

Sound is mildly NSFW, Scottish lads rightly celebrating their win.

https://streamable.com/3upbe

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Folks just a reminder of our forum eathos: absolutely anyone and everyone is welcome to post here, regardless if they have 0 previous posts or 20,000, regardless if they know nothing about the game or know it inside out. Everyone is welcome.

If you have an issue with a post use the report function, do not engage with the poster, and most certainly do not accuse them of breaking the forum charter on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What was the craic with the fight before the game started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

.ak wrote: »
    What was the craic with the fight before the game started?

Farrell has an incredibly punchy face. It was only a matter of one of the Scots noticing that.

Advertisement