Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calcutta Cup 2018

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

.ak wrote: »
    What was the craic with the fight before the game started?

Six Nations are now investigating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Sound is mildly NSFW, Scottish lads rightly celebrating their win.

https://streamable.com/3upbe

Wee Greig hasn't a notion where he is there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,561 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Wee Greig hasn't a notion where he is there :D

Maybe thats how he ended up in clermont

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Russell's pass that started the move for Scotland second try was unbelievable.

But it was suicidal. I hope he tries that stuff all day long against us. It will backfire more often than it comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

But it was suicidal. I hope he tries that stuff all day long against us. It will backfire more often than it comes off.

Mercurial I think is the right word for risky sh!t that turns brilliant..

Laidlaw (I think) gave another example of a sublime flat pass for the third Scottish try as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

lawred2 wrote: »

Laidlaw (I think) gave another example of a sublime flat pass for the third Scottish try as well
    Yeah, that one was absolutely 100 carat gold. Completely beat the defence and allowed Huw Jones go straight through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

lawred2 wrote: »

Sure is, Quade Cooper's built his career on being mercurial!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The one to Huw Jones?

It's mesmeric. I've had it on repeat all day. I'm still trying to figure out how he did it. Like fine, it's a cut out pass... but it's going to nobody. It's like he's picked a hole in the pitch where Joseph has shot up from and just torpedoed the ball into that space as if telling Jones 'Catch that ye bastid'

It's easily one of the best things I've seen on a rugby field, and I think the actual complexities will be lost on a lot of people... including myself! I'm still scratching my head over it, like was it pre-planned, was it even intentional, was Jones just too deep which makes it look more impressive? It's brilliant.

Laidlaw's pass to Jones later was actually like a mini-version of it, that lovely weighted pass in between defenders for someone to run on to it, rather than passing at the runner itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That pass from Russell to Jones was balls of steel stuff. Any other day and it's an intercept and Russell looks like a twat. Such vision to pick that May was slightly off his line and throw the perfect pass. And then his floated pass to Maitland 20 seconds or so later. Magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

.ak wrote: »
    I'm still scratching my head over it, like was it pre-planned, was it even intentional, was Jones just too deep which makes it look more impressive? It's brilliant.

Laidlaw's pass to Jones later was actually like a mini-version of it, that lovely weighted pass in between defenders for someone to run on to it, rather than passing at the runner itself.

Wayne Gretzky was once asked what his secret was, and he said 'I don't skate to where the puck is, I skate to where it's going to be'. Finn Russell doesn't pass to the man, he passes to where the man is going to be. It was a beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It was incredible, there was almost a moment there for a split second where the ball just seemed to hang before Jones came onto it like a head of steam. My friend was at the game and he said before Jones scored the second try it was probably the thing he's most celebrated in Murrayfield ever!

Joseph and May both must have thought "we have this" and then, "boom", Jones is away and they're on their heels.

Between that, Sexton's pass for Stockdale, and Williams offload in the tackle to Navidi for Evans try at the death, it was a hell of a weekend for 6 Nations skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Mesmerising. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

swiwi_ wrote: »

That should be on hornpub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

Some new footage of the handbags before the game available online. You know who seemed to have started it.
    Looks like something you might try at the Under 14s final.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,580 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

OldRio wrote: »
    Some new footage of the handbags before the game available online. You know who seemed to have started it.

Voldemort the fecker... Always stirring sh!the...

BBDBB wrote: »
    any chance of a link to the new footage please?
    It's on stuff.co.nz anyway. Not much in it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I just deleted that request cos I found it, but thank you

stupid thing for him to do

I get the impression that Farrell was going after someone specifically. I know we all like to paint him as the villain, but he seemed very anxious to catch up with someone and have a chat with them about something. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was listening to BBC Radio 2 this morning and they had Sonja Mclaughlan talking about this (soundbite) where she said "it looked like Farrell was targeted" and that "it all kicked off quite suddenly, there were people trying to drag Farrell and another player apart, it was scary, I felt quite intimidated". That's pathetic quite frankly, as a reaction from a sports journalist, it ties into the BBC "everything is lovely aren't they all great" spiel but c'mon there were kids looking down loving it from the stands. It was a bit of pushing. That type of comment only serves to make them take action.

Wilson is a bit of a gowl, and should take any action that comes his way from the Hughes incident but he should feel harsh done by if he gets a ban for the tunnel incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If they were really smart they would make tunnel fights a regular occurrence, televise them, and sell sponsorships

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

If they were really smart they would make tunnel fights a regular occurrence, televise them, and sell sponsorships

tenor.gif?itemid=4918928

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are there any full match videos knocking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I get the impression that Farrell was going after someone specifically. I know we all like to paint him as the villain, but he seemed very anxious to catch up with someone and have a chat with them about something. ;)

AFAIK one of the Scots was giving Ford a bit of an earful and Farrell was trying to stick up for him.

Went around it the wrong way though and probably gave the Scots a good indicidation they could get under their skin and give them a good rattle.

Advertisement