Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision turbo issue

Options
  • 24-02-2018 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi. Just installed a hikvision turbo Cctv system in my house. Worked out great and super picture. Problem is once it gets dark picture begins to distort on all 4 cameras and also screen goes black and says no signal. Seems to be an ir issue. No major street lights nearby. Come dawn the cameras come on again and work great in daylight. Also there is a horizontal line across the monitor on all cameras and also when viewing from my phone. Any help would be appreciated..
    Thanks
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like an issue with the power supply, are they all sharing the same psu. Check the specs of the camera and compare it to the current rating of the psu

That said none of the above applies if they are POC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

kevin101 wrote: »
    Hi. Just installed a hikvision turbo Cctv system in my house. Worked out great and super picture. Problem is once it gets dark picture begins to distort on all 4 cameras and also screen goes black and says no signal. Seems to be an ir issue. No major street lights nearby. Come dawn the cameras come on again and work great in daylight. Also there is a horizontal line across the monitor on all cameras and also when viewing from my phone. Any help would be appreciated..
    Thanks
    Kevin

Be interested to see if you find a solution. I have the horizontal lines on my monitor on both my hikvision cameras. I note the advice re the power and I do have the octopus power cables so might try a stand-alone one.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Hi
    So disconnected the power cable - all cameras share the same Power supply unit. I switched psu with one from my laptop with same rating and definitely a marked improvement. There still is a horizontal line but it’s much more feint. Might leave in laptop psu as appears to be much better quality.

The lines definitely appear to be a power issue.

Any idea why cameras are shutting down a night. Must be an infrared issue I reckon.

Cheers
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

kevin101 wrote:
    Any idea why cameras are shutting down a night. Must be an infrared issue I reckon.

Similar issue and it was power supply. When they switch to IR they require more power and if power supply is only just fit to power them in daytime it won't power them at night.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully that will solve it.

On a side note - paid €330 on eBay for the Hikvision turbo kit with 4 x hikvision cameras and 1TB hard rice with remote viewing- very impressed with quality ( day time so far). Fairly straightforward to install also.

Will update post if issue gets sorted.

Thanks

• Advertisement

So cameras working away fine for the last three hours or so. Appears that the psu was unable to power the 4 cameras when the IR came on. Thanks for the advice lads.
    Cheers
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

kevin101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully that will solve it.

On a side note - paid €330 on eBay for the Hikvision turbo kit with 4 x hikvision cameras and 1TB hard rice with remote viewing- very impressed with quality ( day time so far). Fairly straightforward to install also.

Will update post if issue gets sorted.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you pm a link to the seller?

Thanks!
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Hi,

Could you pm a link to the seller?

Thanks!
    B

+1, on the look out for a decent system also.

Advertisement