Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TILE tracker

Options
  • 24-02-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Are these any use in Ireland at the moment?
    (Presume you need a decent saturation of them for the Bluetooth web to be cast wide enough)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I’ve seen them sold in big stores so there will be some out there.

Got mine in the US and have had the Tile location updated by other people (it tells you when this happens).

Upon reflection, I hate that these are pretty much disposable. They also warn about low battery long before dying. At least with the TrackR, the batteries are easily replaceable. Still useful; especially when you just want to find where you left something in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Thanks ethernet, will have a look at TrackR too. So it's not really a viable theft recovery aid here yet?

The Gardaí or community alert organisations in each town/village should have one of these to start building a net across the country.
    (or do they need the tiles at all, if they just enabled the tile app on a device would that do it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I wouldn't rely on it exclusively anyway - especially outside an urban area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I was going to get a few of them... anything better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Stay away from them, look at the TrackR.

I had version 1 and 2 of the TILE, its extremely annoying that they have a limited battery life and you need to thrown them out, rather than just replace the battery.

At this stage I have used the Tile 1, 2, TrackR and Pixie, they all have limited range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement