Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Aritech 350 to modern alarm?

Options
  • 24-02-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've an Aritech unit that's near end of life and needs a new battery, new cover etc.

Are there any modern units that can use the same sensors, power supply etc to provide an easy plug and play solution? Obviously I'd use the new keypad etc.

New unit needed for remote setting/unsetting via smartphone.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi . Yes, most modern systems will work with your existing sensors . How old is the system? Have you been having false alarms with any of the existing sensors.
    If they have been giving you bother you would get better value by replacing them all with the installation.

You can just replace panel & keypad, but most times we would be doing panel keypad bell & new battery.
    I'd recommend either GSD or Siemens Vanderbilt

Both of these systems have the option of apps with WiFi and/or GSM/GPRS.
    Both of these panels also have the option of using IP only for the apps without tying your self into any ongoing monthly or annual subscriptions.
    There is some very good information in the sticky here regarding pricing & polling times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The one major worry with this free option though is that if utilised then neither system will.be capable of transmitting notifications when the electricity fails as they rely on a simple device that is not battery backed up like the alarm systems are.

Just be careful with free, you pay for what you get.

I recommend HKC, it is the recognised benchmark that all other systems are judged against.
    It ticks all the boxes except for the free option, but as I said, you pay for what you get.

Advertisement