Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divorce June 17

• 24-02-2018 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I recently got divorced court date was june 2017 but still have not received any paperwork to confirm I AM actually divorce.  There were no children involved just division of assests - initially I had a solicitor who applied for the divorce etc but then had personal family trauma and could no longer practice,  I instructed a new solicitor who worked on the case for 8months brought it to court and conclusion and charged me €32000 my ex got his divorce for €3000 did my solicitor rip me off??? I had to take out a mortgage to pay her:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Hi 05mags, I've moved your posts to a new thread.

You need to ring your solicitor first thing Monday morning(assuming they don't work weekends) and follow up on it. Ask where your paperwork is.

As to the cost, did you get a section 68 letter. Read here about what that is if you don't know. https://www.lawsociety.ie/Solicitors/Practising/Practice-Notes/The-dos-and-donts-of-section-681/#.WpFy4Ki6-Qw

• Registered Users Posts: 2 05mags

Thank you so much for your reply - no I didn't receive a section 68 letter - I only got her fee note on completion lesson learnt I guess all be it an expensive one....:ermm:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you want the paper work call into the circuit court office and ask for a copy of the documents,there is a small fee for them.Might be quicker in the long run

Advertisement