Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poopmageddon: Drug suspect on toilet strike for 37 days 'could die'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Barbaric treatment of a human being over some drugs.

But also hilarious apparently.

how is he being treated barbarically? He is not being stopped from going to the toilet. He is doing it by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

I'd normally agree with you there but its Heroin and Crack he's supposed to have swallowed so my sympathy towards him is limited
    What does it matter whether it's hash or heroin? The point still stands about it being a barbaric way to behave for the supposed civic minded members of society.
    how is he being treated barbarically? He is not being stopped from going to the toilet. He is doing it by choice.
    Having two people beside him at all times waiting to watch him evacuate himself is inhumane treatment for anyone. However, when the anyone is a prisoner, suddenly it's hilarious. Amazing how quickly people's sense of humanity diminishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd normally agree with you there but its Heroin and Crack he's supposed to have swallowed so my sympathy towards him is limited
    What does it matter whether it's hash or heroin? The point still stands about it being a barbaric way to behave for the supposed civic minded members of society.
    Having two people beside him at all times waiting to watch him evacuate himself is inhumane treatment for anyone. However, when the anyone is a prisoner, suddenly it's hilarious. Amazing how quickly people's sense of humanity diminishes.
    But it's OK for him if the charges are true to smuggle drugs that will ruin lives, kill people, escalate gangland crime?
    If he chose to hide this evidence internally then all bets are off.

To thine own self be true

You would prefer they let him flush the evidence away?

There doesn't seem to be any update on this online for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It was his choice. Had he behaved himself he wouldn't be in the fix he's in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You've never had a serious MS relapse, have you?

You would prefer they let him flush the evidence away?
    It's a preferable outcome than the one described in the article.
    But it's OK for him if the charges are true to smuggle drugs that will ruin lives, kill people, escalate gangland crime?
    If he chose to hide this evidence internally then all bets are off.
    It's not ok to smuggle drugs etc. Equally it's not ok to behave in such a way as described in the article i.e. standing guard beside the guy 24/7 without giving him privacy to evacuate himself. How anyone thinks that is an acceptable, never mind hilarious, response to smuggling some drugs, shows how society has got its priorities screwed up just as much as any drug smuggler.

It was his choice. Had he behaved himself he wouldn't be in the fix he's in.
    Ah, of course, prisoners have no rights. They give up any rights once they choose to break the law. Thanks for the reminder.
    You've never had a serious MS relapse, have you?
    Not yet.

it is still his choice. Embarrassment or doing serious internal damage. I know which choice i would take.

• Advertisement

it is still his choice. Embarrassment or doing serious internal damage. I know which choice i would take.
    The point is, a person, regardless of whether they are a prisoner, should not be put in a position whereby that is a choice they are faced with.

And because of some drugs? Please.

The point is, a person, regardless of whether they are a prisoner, should not be put in a position whereby that is a choice they are faced with.

And because of some drugs? Please.

Obviously you see no problem with heroin or crack or the lives they ruin.

Obviously you see no problem with heroin or crack or the lives they ruin.
    Neither said that, nor insinuated it. But carry on believing the ends justifies the means, and that violations of human rights are a matter of hilarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Neither said that, nor insinuated it. But carry on believing the ends justifies the means, and that violations of human rights are a matter of hilarity.

You're right ****ty thing to be doing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

No shortage of bleeding hearts and dogooders on here.

aujopimur wrote: »

only one i can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm gonna have to pooh-pooh this post.

Since when is the opposite of a sadist a bleeding heart or do-gooder?

Since when is the opposite of a sadist a bleeding heart or do-gooder?

Please tell us your solution to the problem.

• Advertisement

Please tell us your solution to the problem.
    Give the person some privacy.

No solution is better than a bad solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

See how many laxatives they can hold? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

37 days, Christ!
    I remember going through chemo I didn’t s*** for around 12 days and I thought I would explode and that was while eating next to nothing.
    Spoiler alert- it all came to an end on what I fondly remember as “Super Sunday”

mark_jmc wrote: »
    37 days, Christ!
    I remember going through chemo I didn’t s*** for around 12 days and I thought I would explode and that was while eating next to nothing.
    Spoiler alert- it all came to an end on what I fondly remember as “Super Sunday”
    My record is 5 days while in a foreign country.
    The local laxatives didn't work and I looked about 4 months pregnant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pity this chap wasn't a mathematician.

He could work it out with a pencil...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Reminds me of this Australian film I watched, 'The Mule'.
    It was actually a really good film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's not ok to smuggle drugs etc. Equally it's not ok to behave in such a way as described in the article i.e. standing guard beside the guy 24/7 without giving him privacy to evacuate himself. How anyone thinks that is an acceptable, never mind hilarious, response to smuggling some drugs, shows how society has got its priorities screwed up just as much as any drug smuggler.

They should give him privacy for him to have a crap and re-hide/dispose of the evidence?

Am I the only one who sees the irony of the suspects name?
    Mr. Chambers!

kylith wrote: »
    They should give him privacy for him to have a crap and re-hide/dispose of the evidence?
    Yes.

Yes.
    He surrendered his rights when he got into that drug ****. No pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Jesus was in the desert for 40 days and nights.
    If this fella goes today it'll be 40 days and shites.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How many days is he on now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Would make great TV - a novel twist on BBC's boring Springwatch, where they stick cameras around his cell instead of a dull little bird's nest.

Could call it ****watch. That same Chris Packham chap could still present it of course, along with various experts and celebrity commentators.

topper75 wrote: »
    Would make great TV - a novel twist on BBC's boring Springwatch, where they stick cameras around his cell instead of a dull little bird's nest.

Could call it ****watch. That same Chris Packham chap could still present it of course, along with various experts and celebrity commentators.

If Michaela Strachan was involved i would definitely watch that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Well - any update on our man?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

begbysback wrote: »
    Well - any update on our man?

I believe he is still the number 1 suspect,
    They are just waiting on number 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

That's some dedication...I can only imagine when he does go...ropes of the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

He will be growing a tail soon. Is there any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It must be like a large coconut inside him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Fcuk him,had a brother o dosed last year,these death dealers/couriers need to be put down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If he doesn't go soon it's going to back up to the point it'll start coming out his mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kylith wrote: »
    If he doesn't go soon it's going to back up to the point it'll start coming out his mouth.

A career in politics awaits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

That'll be one hell of a massive shiite when he finally goes. His hole will be in bits after it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Ah, he has to have had a sh1t by now.

I'd be ready to burst by the second day without having a crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Reminds me a bit about the lad who was supposed to have meditated for months without food or water, turns out there may have been some shenanigans

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After 47 days, he's been released as the evidence has not been dropped!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

According to reports, the longest an inmate has gone without using the toilet is 23 days, so Chambers has broken the British record by some distance.

:pac:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    According to reports, the longest an inmate has gone without using the toilet is 23 days, so Chambers has broken the British record by some distance.

:pac:
    He didn't use the 'chamber' pot after all.

• Advertisement

If they need him again they'll have no bother finding him. Just follow the hum.

Advertisement