Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only - over-charged in first bill, online offer not applied to my acco

Options
  • 24-02-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I joined Eir on a SIM only plan in early February. Yesterday I received my first bill and it is far higher than I expected it to be.

I originally signed up on eir.ie (online) and the offer at the time was for 15 euro a month for 6 months and 25 per month (I think) thereafter. I'm on "Eir Mobile 400 + 10GB". As I said, this was on offer for 15 euro per month 3 weeks ago - this is what I signed up and agreed to.

However - my first bill appears to indicate that my monthly charge is 25 euro per month. My first bill amounts to just under 40 euro. 25 euro + approx 15 euro pro-rated for the next billing period. There is no mention whatsoever of any discount - i.e. I would expect this first bill to be 15 euro + whatever the pro-rated amount is.

So I have been over-charged by at least 10 euro, probably more - and I can only assume my next bill will be at least 25 euro and not 15 euro as I would expect it to be.

Why hasn't this discount been applied to my account? I tried contacting Eir myself - both online chat and via phone and I got nowhere!

Please help - or I will be forced to cancel my contract and move elsewhere again.

Attached is a screen shot of the package / price I signed up for just 3 weeks ago - taken from your website.

Thanks 
    Joe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I joined Eir on a SIM only plan in early February. Yesterday I received my first bill and it is far higher than I expected it to be.

I originally signed up on eir.ie (online) and the offer at the time was for 15 euro a month for 6 months and 25 per month (I think) thereafter. I'm on "Eir Mobile 400 + 10GB". As I said, this was on offer for 15 euro per month 3 weeks ago - this is what I signed up and agreed to.

However - my first bill appears to indicate that my monthly charge is 25 euro per month. My first bill amounts to just under 40 euro. 25 euro + approx 15 euro pro-rated for the next billing period. There is no mention whatsoever of any discount - i.e. I would expect this first bill to be 15 euro + whatever the pro-rated amount is.

So I have been over-charged by at least 10 euro, probably more - and I can only assume my next bill will be at least 25 euro and not 15 euro as I would expect it to be.

Why hasn't this discount been applied to my account? I tried contacting Eir myself - both online chat and via phone and I got nowhere!

Please help - or I will be forced to cancel my contract and move elsewhere again.

Attached is a screen shot of the package / price I signed up for just 3 weeks ago - taken from your website.

Thanks 
    Joe.
    Hi JoeA3 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hello,

Thanks 
    Joe.
    Hi JoeA3 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, I just sent you a PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hello,

Thanks 
    Joe.
    Hi JoeA3 ,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, I just sent you a PM!
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement